You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All this and we end up with only the League Cup.

rb14

Think we will win the 3 cups but even if we don't and we "just" have the League Cup, I feel like this wonderful ride isn't ending anytime soon. We have a few more years of fun and Jurgen will leave some team for whoever takes over. The squad is wonderful and you look at the likes of Elliott and Kelleher coming through - we are blessed.

Gutted we didn't beat Spurs, but the league isn't over. They have Dias out for the season and Wolves and West Ham should be tough games. I mean if I was in their position, I'd be very confident but would have a bit of worries about those two games. I said to my wife earlier that we'll win the league on goal difference. Gut feelings eh!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Think we will win the 3 cups but even if we don't and we "just" have the League Cup, I feel like this wonderful ride isn't ending anytime soon. We have a few more years of fun and Jurgen will leave some team for whoever takes over. The squad is wonderful and you look at the likes of Elliott and Kelleher coming through - we are blessed.

Gutted we didn't beat Spurs, but the league isn't over. They have Dias out for the season and Wolves and West Ham should be tough games. I mean if I was in their position, I'd be very confident but would have a bit of worries about those two games. I said to my wife earlier that we'll win the league on goal difference. Gut feelings eh!

I think City's goal difference was always going to get a boost given their easy run in. None of their opponents give a shit and believe everything that is written in the media,therefore are beaten before they kick a ball. Our players always seem to have to face a motivated team no matter how great we are.

26 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

I personally don’t think we’ll win the league title, but it doesn’t hurt that much, because the title is obviously coming back to us.

The manager, the squad’s ages, the quality and the general impression of us around football is the highest it’s been in decades. We’ll be fighting with City for the league and CL as long as Klopp and Guardiola are the respective managers; some seasons we’ll win, others it will be theirs. 

• Upvote 2

The league is gone. We'll win the FA Cup, I'm sure of it. Might be on penalties again or by the odd goal but we'll win. As for the CL, normally I would never back against Real winning against anyone in a final, the fuckers are almost impossible to beat when it comes to Champions League finals. The good omen for us is that we were the last ones to do it, so that gives me some hope.

I’m resigned to the probable PL title going you know where, and that has most likely slipped from our grasp. Come to think of it, it was never really in our grasp.

Our run has been amazing, but the early damage of not being able to take maximum points from City, Chelsea and Spurs (and other results, yes, but those are our main rivals in terms of being solid teams that we contest with every season) sowed the seeds of the current situation. 

Putting the PL aside, we have made it to our third European Cup Final under Jurgen, and I think we have a great chance of winning it, assuming no late drama with injuries or just massive fatigue with key players. The Paris final is going to be fought between European Royalty. We know who and what we are. Without being too obvious, Ancelotti with one short statement in the media interview after Real showed City the door and asked them to shut it behind them, when asked what his thoughts were on meeting Liverpool in the final, said “it is good for football”. He doesn’t need to be reminded of what history and greatness stand for. 

How sweet it would be to get them back for our last final meeting….

As for the F.A. Cup Final…..I remember the day we won it for the first time, like it was yesterday. The Cup Final in those days was a very special affair and held more prestige than it seems to today.

Needless to say, I want us to pummel Chelsea into the pitch and exact our revenge from 2012!

There are reasons why the quadruple has never been done and those reasons haven’t changed. However, we have a massive opportunity of a doing a Treble, which the squad, the coaching and recruitment people and we the fans absolutely deserve. This club is the greatest.

When all is said and done, however, the experience of being alive is what matters most, and win, draw or lose, thanks to Liverpool Football Club, my life has been made the richer for it.

• Upvote 5

Just read that we have picked up 41 points from the last 45 available and had only been held this calendar year in 2-2 draws away at Chelsea and Manchester City prior to Saturday evening.

We have suffered just two defeats all season with the most recent as far back as December and are now unbeaten in 22 top-flight matches at home, a run which stretches back 14 months.....

And still it isn't likely to be enough.

FUCKING HELL.

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just read that we have picked up 41 points from the last 45 available and had only been held this calendar year in 2-2 draws away at Chelsea and Manchester City prior to Saturday evening.

We have suffered just two defeats all season with the most recent as far back as December and are now unbeaten in 22 top-flight matches at home, a run which stretches back 14 months.....

And still it isn't likely to be enough.

FUCKING HELL.

And there in lies the problem. The word unbeaten is deceptive. City have been beaten more than us, so far this season, but are top.

Eight draws have probably lost us this campaign.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Baltar said:

The league is gone. We'll win the FA Cup, I'm sure of it. Might be on penalties again or by the odd goal but we'll win. As for the CL, normally I would never back against Real winning against anyone in a final, the fuckers are almost impossible to beat when it comes to Champions League finals. The good omen for us is that we were the last ones to do it, so that gives me some hope.

The FA cup is 100% going to penalties.

I was at the game in February and was in Wembley for 4 hours in total, I plan for the exact same thing. We’re so evenly matched against them that if we don’t score, they won’t, but if we score 10 they will as well.

The way Kante raises his game against us and the form Thiago is in will be a phenomenal game of football.

• Upvote 1

I for one will be happy. Our style of football, our squad our manager (secured ) , all an upgrade on last year.  We are in good shape even with Salah firing on two cylinders. Get his contract done , give him and mane the summer off  and let's go for league next year. 

Have to say I am particularly  fond of the European Cup I would love it if we add another . 

7 hours ago, Red Shift said:

And there in lies the problem. The word unbeaten is deceptive. City have been beaten more than us, so far this season, but are top.

Eight draws have probably lost us this campaign.

The draw at home to Brighton from being 2-0 up is the most irritating one for me. That was the most pathetic second half performance we've seen in years.

If we win the European Cup it'll be a fucking amazing season. That's the big one, it's the biggest thing you can win in football. I want to see us parade that thing around on a bus to a million people, then switch over to 12 City fans outside their stadium with party poppers celebrating their sportwash trophy. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

If we win the European Cup it'll be a fucking amazing season. That's the big one, it's the biggest thing you can win in football. I want to see us parade that thing around on a bus to a million people, then switch over to 12 City fans outside their stadium with party poppers celebrating their sportwash trophy. 

At the beginning of the season I thought we’d give no 7 a good go - really want us to win that! If we win the FA cup as well that would be amazing.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, suzy said:

At the beginning of the season I thought we’d give no 7 a good go - really want us to win that! If we win the FA cup as well that would be amazing.

Would love #7 too.

Just to reaffirm how important that Allison goal was and boil as much piss  as possible.

• Upvote 1

The Jurgen extension has improved my mood about (probably) missing out on the title. I can get over not winning it - the bar is ridiculous nowadays for obvious and unfair reasons - but I've always felt it's unfair on the people involved as they deserve so much more. And the thought that Klopp only has a finite amount of time left at the club made me think that the window for this incredible team to hoover up the silverware they deserve is diminishing, and it's frustrating and a fucking shame.

But we've got two other major pieces of silverware to compete for, and whilst Klopp's time at the club is still finite, it's got longer. There'll be more chances, more incredible football, more drama, more titles. I'm absolutely certain of it, so I'm just going to enjoy the rest of this season for what it is. Class.

(Oh and whoever said above that the unending talk of quads is just the media wanting to make it a thing so that when we miss out - as we always likely would - they can indulge themselves in further headlines, is bang on. Self-fulfilling media in full action)

• Upvote 1

Next season will be the same with the league - we either get off to a stormer and and force City to give up since they really can’t deal with being a long way behind, or they’ll win it because they’re the ultimate flat track bullies over the course of a season and have never conceded the top spot when out in front. We’ll know who is at least 95% likely to finish top after about 15 games.

• Upvote 1

Several things - age, Klopp, ending the league title famine, getting to the ground multiple times in the season - have come together to make me more sanguine about disappointment. Win: celebrate like there is no tomorrow. Lose: tomorrow is another day - oh, and stay off the internet.