You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) - Tue 10th May (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Villa won’t put in half the effort they put in against us.

That's probably absolutely true to be honest, it seems to be the case that most of the also rans don't turn up against City but I'd hope Gerrard at least sets them up to not get turned over.

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The production from Sky tonight has been woeful. Thankfully Kelly is superb. 

The commentator accusing Keita of gamesmanship after he'd been kneed in the bollocks. 

And no mention of gamesmanship when Villa players were going down like it was the Somme. 

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Villa won’t put in half the effort they put in against us.

It will be a totally different type of game for them.

Way we play illicits a different reaction from opponents to way the cheats play....it isn't about effort, it is all about the style and specifically the control/pace of game.

8 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Great win in a strange game against an alehouse opponent, and without a ref to actually officiate.

Van Dijk, Trent, Diaz and Mane our best players imo.

Fabinho out will be a big miss in the FA cup final, we have no proper replacement at DM. 

Mané and Trent the two best on the pitch. And Hendo was good, we were better one he came in. 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, an tha said:

It will be a totally different type of game for them.

Way we play illicits a different reaction from opponents to way the cheats play....it isn't about effort, it is all about the style and specifically the control/pace of game.

Nah, it’s quite clear teams want to spike us but just give up against Citu before they kick a ball. Been going on for three seasons. You’re just trying to make excuses for them, We are the most hated club in the league.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Nah, it’s quite clear teams want to spike us but just give up against Citu before they kick a ball. Been going on for three seasons. You’re just trying to make excuses for them, We are the most hated club in the league.

I have no doubt we are hated...especially by fans.....because we have a history with most clubs and a rivalry - the cheats simply don't.

But i stand by what i say about the styles thing being a big part of the 'difference'....

Way we play means unless we are having a really good day when we blow teams away, teams will often be up for it and feel they have a squeak....

We engage them in a frentic game, played at 100 mph with loads of 50/50 challenges that get crowd up for it and players in turn up for it.

The high line and close offside calls and balls to chase over top roared on by crowd, the fast tempo of game creating mistakes/near things etc.

Yes, we are very good and because we are we win loads of games, due to our quality, but teams often think they might get something in games, fans do too and roar their teams on v us more.

Contrast all that to Man City who often bore teams and fans to death with endless possession often after an early goal which deflates everything and then hardly giving up any corners or shots etc before eventually pulling away.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

It means Henderson will get a game.  Fabinho isn't much of a loss when he's not playing well.  Keita's miss was truly horrific.  Slap around the face with a cold fish time.

Agree with that. To be fair Stringy lad, Hendo rarely lets us down. You see him interviewed there and he is just such a great lad. Still if Fab is back for Madrid, it will be huge. World class and a candidate for one of the most influential pound for pound players in the whole league. Every now and then, he isn't great though like you said.

Anyhow, City will really miss Dias and maybe just maybe, with all their other defensive injuries, they could drop points. I actually feel very relaxed about it. Yes, we dropped points to Spurs, but apart from that, we couldn't have done more since the new year. Back then, I would have bitten hands off to be in our current position. Certainly, if we were in their position, I would be nervous going to Wolves and West Ham.

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I've heard of teams already on the beach but not refs. Jon Moss may as well not have turned up. No bookings, in spite of Villa hacking players down, Fab fouling, Digne being a massive ARSE all game. Hopeless refereeing.

I actually thought the linesmen were worse tonight.