You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) - Tue 10th May (8:00pm)

Trumo

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just no for me.

Taking way too much of a chance.

We need to make sure we win and we need to keep pressure on the cheats - time to rest players will be after fa cup final if league is out of reach then.

I think we’ve actually got a better chance of beating Villa if we rest a few players.

Players will be fresher and with a cup final spot up for grabs. Will benefit the final (and the rest of the season) too.

Think we'll do something like this:

------------------Allison---------------

Gomez---Matip---Van Dijk------Tsimikas

Keita-------Henderson-----Milner/Jones

--Salah--------Firmino---------Jota---

If Bobby isn't ready, maybe Jota in the middle and Sadio on the left? Think Diaz will be rested, Thiago and Fabinho need a break too. Both Trent and Robbo SHOULD be rested

Think that team will be able to beat Villa, but not rack up a big score (which we might need).

20 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

I think we’ve actually got a better chance of beating Villa if we rest a few players.

Players will be fresher and with a cup final spot up for grabs. Will benefit the final (and the rest of the season) too.

That team posted earlier does not beat Villa.

I am all for 1 or 2 changes - but a midfield of Jones, Henderson and Milner is not gonna get job done.

Minamino who hasn't played for weeks is suddenly gonna come in and form an effective attack with an out of form Jota and a been out for 3 weeks injured Firmino? Do me a favour.....

Players have everything to play for right now - tiredness should be a non issue.

Way too much talk of resting players these days IMHO 

Pretty much best team in everything left now 5 games in 18 days unless league is over IMO

7 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

We play the day before Chelsea, so I wouldn't rest too many players. Hopefully Stevie decides to do the decent thing and put out the kids for this fixture! 

I suspect they will rest a few players given they’ve nothing to play for.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I suspect they will rest a few players given they’ve nothing to play for.

Spurs are only five points behind them. They aren't guaranteed top four yet.  

if Chelsea lose to Leeds, and Spurs beat Arsenal, they will be one point clear of arsenal and only two clear of Spurs with two games to play. 

4 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Spurs are only 5 points behind them. They aren't guaranteed top four yet.  

I suspect he may have meant Villa...

Chelsea will need to be at it and Leeds v Chelsea will always be tough due to rivalry.

We won't be playing a Chelsea team who are dead fresh at Wembley either....they have more problems than we do....

They've won 1 of their last 5 games and top 4 is not yet nailed down....They go to Leeds a day afer we go to Villa and less than 72 hours before the Cup final.

If they lose at Leeds their top 4 spot will be at stake on the last day......If Leeds lose they'll be staring at relegation.... Wednesday night is going to be intense there.

57 minutes ago, an tha said:

Just seen Villa's last game v the cheats comes after their penultimate game on a Thurs night....

So Thurs night, then Sun afternoon.

Unreal... they'll be fucking useless v the cheats on the sunday you watch 

It doesn't take Nostradamus to know Villa will get walloped by City away from home.

If Villa had 2 weeks to prepare & were in a relegation fight they'd still get battered.

11 minutes ago, Mark M said:

It doesn't take Nostradamus to know Villa will get walloped by City away from home.

If Villa had 2 weeks to prepare & were in a relegation fight they'd still get battered.

I'd wager they'd probably do better with 2 weeks to prepare than 2 days...

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Minamino who hasn't played for weeks is suddenly gonna come in and form an effective attack with an out of form Jota and a been out for 3 weeks injured Firmino? Do me a favour.....

Relax. Just tell Mini its a cup game and he'll bang them in.

Strange how Elliott has drifted out of contention. Scored a worldie on his return and then faded fast. There’s probably a big mental battle for a kid like that after such a serious injury, whatever about the initial novelty of returning. Hopefully he’ll get back to the same level for next season. 

• Upvote 1