You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sat 7th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

11 minutes ago, waddy78 said:
How many thought City were through on 88 minutes on Wednesday?
It’s not over until it’s over, City will drop points before the end of the season.

People thought City won the league 8 months ago!

• Upvote 1

The big games were a bit of a problem, but I don't think there's much to fault. The season changed when we signed Diaz. He's the one that's given us a chance with his quality and added depth. Everything else, I think we did as much as we could, but it is what it is, it might just fall short. We've been about as good as the performances have warranted.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

It’s the champions league final and they’re Real Madrid. They didn’t need to watch that game to fancy their chances. They already wore no 14 on their t m-shirt after getting through. 

They wore a t-shirt saying "Going for 14" or something along those lines. Which is rather different, wouldn't you say? 

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

Think its too late in the season for any twists now and that point they have over us is a pain in the arse. As much as i love Klopp and wouldn’t change him for anyone, I just feel he doesn’t have the eye of the tiger to go for the kill when its needed. That Keita sub at the end was ridiculous and deflated the crowd whereas if Origi came on at least we could say we went for it. He might have got on the end of one of those aimless crosses we loved sending in if he’d have got on earlier. Jota’s stunk for months and makes us worse and he’d have been better coming on the last 5. 

Hindsight is 20/20 and all that but we had 4 forwards on the pitch when Keita came on and I can see the reasoning for sacrificing Fab to chase the game with hopefully more drive from midfield. Unfortunately Keita didn't have much time to settle in and had one of his worse games off the bench. Had he just been a bit selfish and took a chance that came to him instead of letting it roll to Salah we all might be having a completely different discussion right now, but I'm hardly going to fault someone too much for allowing our top scorer to get on the ball.

I do agree about Jota, he's not been very good lately and perhaps Origi would've been a better sub but at the time Jota came on we had so much left to do I think that's why Klopp went with the more all around player. We definitely need to cut out the hopeful long balls, it's one thing playing our forwards in behind when we're on the break, but it's not suited to our forward line when the defense is playing such a low block unless of course Origi is there. Seems to me both fullbacks, and particularly Trent start doing that shit when the game isn't going as expected. We're much better when we play the ball into feet in those situations. On the other side of that, it doesn't help though lately we only have Diaz that's regularly capable of going past a player.

7 minutes ago, John102 said:

Im sure we were missing key players against City home, Chelsea away and Spurs away. I think that mitigates results (none of which we lost) to some degree.

Weren't we missing loads of players versus spurs last time. 

I feel gutted, not in the team they could not give us more, they are exceptional I'm gutted in the circumstances. The Premier leagues ignorance of those who break the rules we all signed up for it makes a mockery of the competition. Abu Dhabi have entered the game and shit all over it. The runners up to City in every competition of the last decade have a right to feel aggrieved, except Chelsea who are cheating cunts too.

City are massive favourites but they haven't won it yet. They're basically in the same situation we were at this point in 2014.

They might not have Chelsea like we did that season and they are also better than we were then but both West Ham and Wolves can beat them on their day.

If being a Liverpool fan has taught me anything it's that it's never over until it's over.

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, Red74 said:

Think its too late in the season for any twists now and that point they have over us is a pain in the arse. As much as i love Klopp and wouldn’t change him for anyone, I just feel he doesn’t have the eye of the tiger to go for the kill when its needed. That Keita sub at the end was ridiculous and deflated the crowd whereas if Origi came on at least we could say we went for it. He might have got on the end of one of those aimless crosses we loved sending in if he’d have got on earlier. Jota’s stunk for months and makes us worse and he’d have been better coming on the last 5. 

What a load of bollox.

We've won one cup, in the final of another two, we're top of the league with 3 games to go, and the manager doesn't have "the eye of the tiger"?

We're competing against the most expensively assembled, financially doped squad in history. A squad, who if it wasn't for us, would be 16 points lcear of everyone else.

We've dropped points at home for the first time since October, against a side that had a week's worth of training to prepare for our game.

I don't think our manager, and his (lack) of ability to go for the kill, is an issue.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Weren't we missing loads of players versus spurs last time. 

I feel gutted, not in the team they could not give us more, they are exceptional I'm gutted in the circumstances. The Premier leagues ignorance of those who break the rules we all signed up for it makes a mockery of the competition. Abu Dhabi have entered the game and shit all over it. The runners up to City in every competition of the last decade have a right to feel aggrieved, except Chelsea who are cheating cunts too.

v Tottenham last time our midfield was Morton, Milner and Keita.

If people want to pick moments where we "lost" the league then for me it has to be the stretch when we had players dropping like flies to Covid and we took 2 points from 3 games.

People seem to have forgotten how severely compromised the league was in December/Jan and the cheats were the major beneficiaries as they managed to somehow skate through with no positive tests and faced severely weakened sides too - whilst we went to Tottenham and Chelsea weakened by covid....

• Upvote 3

Obviously gutted at the result, but not overly surprised. I thought our title charge was over back in January, so this doesn't hurt as bad as it might otherwise. 

We were relying on not only City collapsing (which they nearly did, and still might do), but us winning practically every game (which we nearly did). Added to that our runs in the League Cup, the FA Cup and the Champions League, and it's actually pretty remarkable that we've done as well as we have.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

Obviously gutted at the result, but not overly surprised. I thought our title charge was over back in January, so this doesn't hurt as bad as it might otherwise. 

We were relying on not only City collapsing (which they nearly did, and still might do), but us winning practically every game (which we nearly did). Added to that our runs in the League Cup, the FA Cup and the Champions League, and it's actually pretty remarkable that we've done as well as we have.

Yeah needing to pretty much win 18 games straight in league including against them at theirs while playing 3 times a week across 4 competitions was always a ridiculous ask.

Fact we have done what we have is fucking incredible

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Honestly more annoyed at us letting that horrible twat Son score against us than the score. One of the most repulsive characters to have ever played in the PL. 

Did Fabinho deck him at one point? I only saw one brief replay, but it look like Fab not only tripped him, but smacked him in the face with his forearm at the same time. Which was nice.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Did Fabinho deck him at one point? I only saw one brief replay, but it look like Fab not only tripped him, but smacked him in the face with his forearm at the same time. Which was nice.

He did & Son (as usual) was lying on the deck like he'd had his leg blown off.

Great player but what a fucking fanny he is.

• Upvote 1