You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sat 7th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

13 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Just Van Dijk and the entire first team midfield.

That period was bollocks....we took 2 pts from 3 games...were forced to field a midfield of Morton, Milner and Keita away at Tottenham...saw the cheats playing against virtual reserve teams (while they somehow bucked the trend of positive cases) and hand out good hidings.

For me the league was massively compromised during that period and without what happened we'd probably be looking at us winning title.

• Upvote 1

We really could have done with Firmino yesterday. In a game where they are defending so deep with 5 across the box we needed abit of guile. He was showing decent form before this latest injury.

Either him or Divock was what we needed. Bit of strength or trickery so we could pass the ball into the box and have someone hold it for a second and draw their players towards the ball so we could pass it back out for a shot or cross.

There was just no spaces to dribble or beat a man last night. I felt Jota was the wrong sub, and he was really ineffective when he came on. We should have brought on Origi.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, John102 said:

Give it a rest you div

Yknow, I've been out and had a sunbathe, a swim, bit of lunch, and I've been thinking more about it.  I'm doubling down, he's a cunt for dragging this contract saga into the most important period of our season in years.  An absolute cunt. For me, he doesn't play Madrid unless he signs.  

Diaz to play right, Mane back to the left, and then one of Origi/Taki/Bobby to play the middle.  

Fuming. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Yknow, I've been out and had a sunbathe, a swim, bit of lunch, and I've been thinking more about it.  I'm doubling down, he's a cunt for dragging this contract saga into the most important period of our season in years.  An absolute cunt. For me, he doesn't play Madrid unless he signs.  

Diaz to play right, Mane back to the left, and then one of Origi/Taki/Bobby to play the middle.  

Fuming. 

Oh fuck off

33 minutes ago, CapeRed said:

Oh fuck off

Nah.

Klopp must have an opinion on it, and I bet it's closer to me than you.

Klopp signed a new contract and by all accounts he didn't ask for more money, he just extended his stay but he also insisted his backroom staff get raises and a new contract.

He's motivated by being part of a winning team.

Salah is out for himself, he has his own targets and desires, and they all seem motivated by him, not the team succeeding. 

He 'jokingly' said he would shoot more rather than assist, to make his 40 goal target.  That's uncomfortable to hear with the hindsight of his decision to not pass to Diaz yesterday. 

Always been this talk of him and Mane not being on great terms...I mean, how do you not be on great terms with Mane?  He gives loads of his money away to charity, always smiling, a top lad. 

The faces Salah pulls when he's subbed.  

I'm finding it all a bit disconcerting, to say the least. 

• Upvote 1

So if we win our last 3 games we will finish with 92 pts.

Let's just look at since when sky invented football in 1992.

92 pts would have been enough to win the Premier League in 22 of the first 24 seasons of and maybe 23 based on goal difference, but not enough to win in 5 of the last 6 seasons. Prior to 2017, 92 points would have been the joint-second highest total in history.

Since 2017, it's been exceeded in all but one season:

2017 - Chelsea (93 Pts)
2018 - Man City (100 Pts)
2019 - Man City (98 Pts)
2019 - Liverpool (97 Pts)
2020 - Liverpool (99 Pts)
2022 - Man City (95 Pts potentially)
2022 - Liverpool (92 Pts potentially)

Notice that of the three teams on that list, two are owned by oil money and are known financial cheats. One isn't.....

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Always been this talk of him and Mane not being on great terms...I mean, how do you not be on great terms with Mane?  

Well, I mean, you effectively just called him a cunt too because as far as I know his contact expires at the same time and he is yet to renew, and firmino I believe.