You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sat 7th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

Against a teams setup very very deep there was very little point in Trent playing so narrow, I can’t see how it would’ve benefitted us. 

TAA is one of the few who can have a hit outside the box so him being infield gives that - Henderson doesn't provide positive width from wide - it always recycles. 

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Origi is a central striker, our only natural one, and we were in need of a goal. In hindsight given how awful Jota was after he came on, we absolute should’ve brought him on instead.

Especially seeing as we were intent on just Whipping balls in.

Although also those balls from trent would have missed him anyway. 

8 minutes ago, m0e said:

You keep saying this as if we'd be racking up the same points had City not existed.

That's a flawed arguement.

I don't believe so, pal...i really don't.

And even if it was case - when ever has it been the case that you need to get nigh on 100 pts and only lose 2 games a season to win leagues?

It's ridiculous IMO.

If city did not exist/cheat - we would be able to run up normal pts tallies and win multiple leagues....so yeah it stings like fuck that we are performing way way above that and not doing so.

I don't think we looked tired at all, by the way. We bottled up Spurs for large portions and won duels in midfield. 

It's just that when they scored, it became the type of game where you have to throw everything against a parked opponent and you'll rarely look good doing that. And Trent kept giving them the ball and we had to run back.

5 minutes ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Our run in was just too difficult. 

You can't just not draw any games on such a run in. 

The damage was done eariler in the season especially vs Leicester. 

We gave it a good run though and actually spared the FAs blushes regarding it being a pointless bought and paid for competition. 

Leicester result didnt help but for me Brighton at home was worse. On top of that we got shafted at Spurs by an incompetent ref and those Abu Dhabi fuckers got two outrageous calls in their favour against Wolves and the bitters. With the correct calls in those games and we are at least 4 points clear.

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

We looked knackered. Absolutely fucked in that second half. 

Diaz is on another planet. What a player. 

Gotta go to Villa on Tuesday. What team does Jurgen pick now? Does he focus on the two cup finals? I have no idea!

Nothing wrong with the attitude or application, but it was the execution in the final third that wasn't right all night, particularly when we played an inswinging cross. Time and again we overcooked it and had to watch the ball sail harmlessly out of play. When we did get into promising positions, Spurs had bodies there to block. Even Lucho's goal came from a blocked effort, fortunately the deflection went in our favour.

We've tended to do better against Conte's teams away from home because there is more onus on them to attack. His tactics are particularly suited to playing away from home because it's all about being clinical on the counter. We saw the same when he brought his Chelsea teams to Anfield.

We definitely need City to drop points somewhere now. I know that after tomorrow's game, we play at Villa before they play their next game but I don't know if our other league games are scheduled before theirs prior to the final day. We just need to keep asking the question and see if they have an answer.

• Upvote 1

Just ran a quick errand and some random noticed my LFC shirt and told me how we drew 1-1 (no shit pal, I'm walking around with a shirt on but didn't know about the result that came in less than 20 minutes ago) and we're going to choke the league (despite the fact that we needed help anyway) because City won't lose. So now I feel a bit better that those twats are going to fuck it up somehow, no idea if he was a city fan or not but he didn't seem to happy when I said we're still in the FA Cup and European finals.

I think Klopp goes for it all, we're top as it stands and whilst admittedly I don't expect city to drop points giving up at this point seems stupid. For all we know we'll be going into the final day with a chance at winning it on goal difference.

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

It is? If you magically removed City how would results change?

Explain why world records keep getting broken then? Why the 4 minute mile got done thousands of times right after Roger Bannister did it first?

Klopp has talked about this several times, and how City raised the bar which forced us to push harder.