You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sat 7th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

I believe Klopp got his team sélection wrong for the second time in a row.

Trust your squad ! 

We looked tired all game bar the beginning of each half.

Salah needs dropping, he’s tired and not god, he might be better from the bench.

Let’s see what City do tomorrow, should they win, let’s focus on the cups.

Move on …

• Upvote 2

A hard task just became even harder. But, not impossible. It’s going to take something massive though. The small glimmer of hope comes from Villa, Wolves and Newcastle all hitting a bit of form or a slight uptake in form and West Ham being out of the Europa and still having work to do to secure qualification for next season. 

We looked tired tonight. And devoid of ideas. TAA in the narrower inside playmaker role has worked. But, we could’ve used him a bit wider to stretch the game and got him crossing from the byline area instead of having him trying to dink an inch perfect pass in from a deeper position against a well organised defence. 

Salah was relatively poor. A lot of running down dead ends and trying too hard to force things. Origi should’ve been the final sub rather than Keita. 

But, I can’t gripe too much as we’re still clinging on in a title race and are still on for a potentially excellent season even if we fall short on that front.

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Orogi is shite, I love him but he's shite, it's not like not playing origi is some kind of huge tactical fuckup.

Gives us something different when all else falters, at least he's a presence when crosses are being fired in and he ain't too shabby either with his flicks and whatnots as the Everton game has shown. Someone mentioned here earlier floating crosses for our 5'8" forward to attack isn't exactly a great idea.

2 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Trust your squad ! 

Salah needs dropping, he’s tired and not god, he might be better from the bench.

Move on …

We didn't look tired at all.  Just far to many shit perfomances in a game when we needed to be on it.

Spuds were extremely fortunate.

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

Trust your squad ! 

Move on …

I certainly agree as far as Robbo - Tsimikas.  

Also, I wouldn’t be blaming Jota for anything when he’s thrown on as a fourth attacker against a packed defence. That’s understandably desperation stuff, but it’s not exactly easy to impress with that lack of space. If himself or Origi were to come on, it should have been for one of the front three. Bring Keita on for Henderson if he had to come off. We were doing fine with our default formation. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Trent has been off for a while but he had an absolute stinker. He was too focused on staying narrow, it left him with no space to cross the ball. The subs didn’t really work; Kostas didn’t really add much if at all, but Jota and Keita were actually destructive to our attacking play.

Keita is just a truly horrific player, really, really bad

Just now, El Rojo said:

Also, I wouldn’t be blaming Jota for anything when he’s thrown on as a fourth attacker against a packed defence. That’s understandably desperation stuff, but it’s not exactly easy to impress with that lack of space. If himself or Origi were to come on, it should have been for one of the front three. Being Keita on for Henderson I’d be had to come off. We were doing fine with our default formation. 

Henderson was doing far better than Mo on the right he should have stayed on really.

• Upvote 1

It’s not over by any means. City have to pick themselves up and go again after a monumental slip up midweek. Their confidence will have taken a hammering.

In terms of performance, we just lacked urgency in the 2nd half. With the exception of Diaz, we were playing it too safe, which didn’t work anyway, with poor defending conceding a goal. Once Hendo came off I felt that we didn’t have a midfield with threat. For me, Naby was a better choice for Hendo, if he was to go off.

Trent off his game today, but I would have kept Robbo on, because he and Luis are a great combo.

Mo! What can you say? He’s a shadow of his former self, and we can’t carry him forever. No player get’s to be an automatic start. He’s lost the use of his right foot clearly. Uses it for standing only, or for passing to his left foot.

Strangely, Anfield was subdued for parts of the 2nd half, when the lads needed a ‘rark-up’ as we say in Australasia. Nerves were evident throughout.

We need to just support the lads through thick and thin, and hopefully, we’ll still have a close finish, and we can steal it at the death. This squad has taken the club further than they’ve ever been before! Jurgen is giving it everything..the fist pumps for the equaliser we spine tingling.

We are Liverpool. We go again.

• Upvote 1

Our run in was just too difficult. 

You can't just not draw any games on such a run in. 

The damage was done eariler in the season especially vs Leicester. 

We gave it a good run though and actually spared the FAs blushes regarding it being a pointless bought and paid for competition. 

6 minutes ago, Nelly-Matip said:

A hard task just became even harder. But, not impossible. It’s going to take something massive though. The small glimmer of hope comes from Villa, Wolves and Newcastle all hitting a bit of form or a slight uptake in form and West Ham being out of the Europa and still having work to do to secure qualification for next season. 

We looked tired tonight. And devoid of ideas. TAA in the narrower inside playmaker role has worked. But, we could’ve used him a bit wider to stretch the game and got him crossing from the byline area instead of having him trying to dink an inch perfect pass in from a deeper position against a well organised defence. 

Salah was relatively poor. A lot of running down dead ends and trying too hard to force things. Origi should’ve been the final sub rather than Keita. 

But, I can’t gripe too much as we’re still clinging on in a title race and are still on for a potentially excellent season even if we fall short on that front.

Trent being a narrow/false fullback without Henderson on the pitch meant Salah had to play a bit more wide, further away from goal. Against a team setup very very deep there was very little point in Trent playing so narrow, I can’t see how it would’ve benefitted us. 

3 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Which players at this level have better goalscoring records off the bench?

If he'd come on and we'd not scored, plenty would be saying 'why bring Origi on he's shite.'

I know people are pissed off but seriously, where has everyone been for the last 32 years? 

We drew againt a decent side while in pursuit of FOUR trophies. 

• Upvote 2

Let's just keep in mind we did not lose tonight, we drew with a top side who had all week to prepare whilst we came off back of 3 games in week yet again.....

In normal times pre the cheats changing the ask to needing near perfection tonight would be a decent point on way to a massive total that wins title.

It isn't our players or managers fault that you now need to win nearly every fucking week to even have a squeak of winning title.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Red Shift said:

It’s not over by any means. City have to pick themselves up and go again after a monumental slip up midweek. Their confidence will have taken a hammering.

In terms of performance, we just lacked urgency in the 2nd half. With the exception of Diaz, we were playing it too safe, which didn’t work anyway, with poor defending conceding a goal. Once Hendo came off I felt that we didn’t have a midfield with threat. For me, Naby was a better choice for Hendo, if he was to go off.

Trent off his game today, but I would have kept Robbo on, because he and Luis are a great combo.

Mo! What can you say? He’s a shadow of his former self, and we can’t carry him forever. No player get’s to be an automatic start. He’s lost the use of his right foot clearly. Uses it for standing only, or for passing to his left foot.

Strangely, Anfield was subdued for parts of the 2nd half, when the lads needed a ‘rark-up’ as we say in Australasia. Nerves were evident throughout.

We need to just support the lads through thick and thin, and hopefully, we’ll still have a close finish, and we can steal it at the death. This squad has taken the club further than they’ve ever been before! Jurgen is giving it everything..the fist pumps for the equaliser we spine tingling.

We are Liverpool. We go again.

I wish I were a believer as you are mate …

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

Don't think it is fatalism i feel it is more irritation, annoyance and anger mixed with the relentless stress of the need to be almost perfect every week to have a squeak of winning league.

We are racking up pts totals that piss leagues before last few years and likely getting not anywhere near the reward we should be.....because we are up against cheats.

It rankles, it rankles big time.....really big time.

We are an incredible team and i for one like everyone here are so proud of them - they are doing incredible things that have rarely if ever been seen before, yet we are again highly likely coming off 2nd best to cheating bastards.

That hurts and hurts badly.

As i said at start of post I don't think it is fatalism i feel it is more irritation, annoyance and anger mixed with the relentless stress of the need to be almost perfect every week to have a squeak of winning league.

You keep saying this as if we'd be racking up the same points had City not existed.

That's a flawed arguement.

Just now, Section_31 said:

If he'd come on and we'd not scored, plenty would be saying 'why bring Origi on he's shite.'

I know people are pissed off but seriously, where has everyone been for the last 32 years? 

We drew againt a decent side while in pursuit of FOUR trophies. 

The cheerleader-in-chief was found out tonight. 

12 minutes ago, LFC 6 Times said:

Ah what an awful feeling. I’ll be honest I’ve never truly felt we’ll win the league. It just felt like it wouldn’t happen for us. Still absolutely furious and gutted about tonight to try keep those cunts honest but even a draw tomorrow we’re still looking for a result elsewhere. It’s gone.

Agreed. The only time I truly thought we might win the league was after Origi scored against Wolves, but aside from that it’s just been about going as far as we can.