You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sat 7th May 2022 (7:45pm)

Trumo

It's hard to say how this will go because the threat they carry is so obvious and you could see the games and the intensity of the season catch up to us, but then, we're still just overwhelmingly better than them and this is at Anfield. Dunno, tbh. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Code said:

It's a 19.45 kick off on a Saturday night. 

The ground should be bouncing, my main fear is that I will be shitfaced already. 

Hopefully it will not be a repeat of the game against the mancs when we marched from the supporters club in protest. I was so pissed I thought the game had finished at halftime and had a big rant about the result to my mate, just 0-0 was not what Is had in mind.

Luckily we played a second half and won the game 2-0, even Ngog scored.

Ah ha 

I attended that game as well, enjoyed the judas’song. Owen didn’t touch the ball, he was dead scared.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Tough, tough game.

They will have had all week to prepare and work on their tactics....and of course are a decent and much improved team under Conte.

We will need to be on it, we obviously really need to win, so hopefully we will.

Just win, reds....just win.

They have Lloris on goal, Eric Dier and Ben Davies in a back 3 with Emerson Royal and Sessegnon/Reguilon the wing backs. 

Our fears are increased because of the game away in December, when they found it wasy enough to get through on the break. We were missing Van Dijk, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Elliot and hadn't signed Diaz. 

We will win. 

• Upvote 1

Don't know why, but this is the one game on our calendar when looking at the last 8 games that I thought we could drop points.

I know we're better than they are, but it just has that feeling of a game that could be determined by a lucky bounce or a contentious penalty or something. 

But who knows? For some reason I have a feeling we will draw, but City will too and it'll be as you were going into next weekend.

33 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Games like this, at this point of the season, is where Championships are won or lost. 

Yep. And if there is any lingering mental frailty from their CL exit, City need to be under pressure to win, rather than the relative luxury of a draw. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's hard to say how this will go because the threat they carry is so obvious and you could see the games and the intensity of the season catch up to us, but then, we're still just overwhelmingly better than them and this is at Anfield. Dunno, tbh. 

5 hours ago, Razoray said:

They have Lloris on goal, Eric Dier and Ben Davies in a back 3 with Emerson Royal and Sessegnon/Reguilon the wing backs. 

Our fears are increased because of the game away in December, when they found it wasy enough to get through on the break. We were missing Van Dijk, Henderson, Fabinho, Thiago, Jones, Elliot and hadn't signed Diaz. 

We will win. 

Feel just like Stacksy but then Ray fills me full of confidence. 

I reckon I’ll drink a lot during this game to alleviate any fears, that is unless we’re 3-0 up at HT. 

Then if we win I’ll drink a lot to celebrate. 

Up the wheezy reds. 

Really annoying this is at 19:45, it’s a tough game and son and Kane are very dangerous. Team picks itself for me at the moment we need to bein in their faces early.

Alisson 
Trent matip Virgil Robbo 

Hendo fab Thiago 

Salah Mane Diaz

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Got a weird feeling we will draw and City will lose this weekend.

I just can’t see city dropping points, they will want to put the result behind them and know everyone will be watching them, Newcastle don’t have anything to play for and can’t see where they get the goals from.

37 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

I just can’t see city dropping points, they will want to put the result behind them and know everyone will be watching them, Newcastle don’t have anything to play for and can’t see where they get the goals from.

Newcastle (or Wolves for that matter) don't need to score. Just not concede. Preferably in the first 4 minutes.

1 hour ago, JagSquared said:

Country Owners 2 will want to beat Country Owners 1, or heads may well roll.

2 hours ago, JagSquared said:

Don't disagree. Probably just my usual negativity. Everyone talking about how City will react, not mentioned us. Worried we will drop points today but trying to slant that my prediction is on 

We've got Michael Oliver as ref, and Darren England on VAR. Never heard of England, which might be a good thing. I think Oliver is one of the best of a bad bunch.

Sir Harry of Kane will undoubtedly make Oliver swoon and bestow his favour upon the valliant knight, as he battles the brutal red infidels 

How were knights killed in battle if their armor protected their entire  body? - Quora

For Newcastle, City have Stuart Attwell as ref and Manchester's Anthony Taylor on VAR, so we can certainly expect some VAR activity there. City also have the all-above-board, independent and honest Greater Manchester-dwelling Paul Tierney for their following match against Wolves. Again, VAR involvement a certainty.

Our relentless winning streak (and not losing to City) has been immense for a side 14 points off the pace a few months ago. Mentally, just about every other side in the world would have given up to some degree, especially when Salah and Mane were gone for weeks. 

However this season ends, can see us absolutely blitzing the league next year.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

City won't drop a point you can take that to the bank. Doesn't mean we should apply all the pressure we can.

Two lose 2 league titles by a point against a team that has blatantly cheated FFP rules is unjust. Hard to be down with this team though.

It is but it stings like fuck and it just feels so unjust...to be denied by cheats.

This team deserves and should have multiple league titles and it is so wrong that they may not have - especially when the pts tallies they have lost and are likely to possibly lose the title with would have pissed any league in years gone by.

Mancs treble winning team for example won league with 79 pts....this team is performing at a level way, way above that and may well again get fuck all reward in league because of blatant fucking cheats and the games inability/unwillingness to deal with their cheating.

So, so proud of this team - but at end of day 2nd is nowhere...and when that nowhere is reached with pts tallies that piss all over anything seen before, but that nowhere is where we are because of those cheating bastards, it hurts like fuck.

• Upvote 1