Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
kop77

Paris

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, an tha said:

I think mine are coming to an end.

 

The cost is getting higher and higher all the time, and it is starting to get to me (i can afford it, but i am becoming increasingly uneasy about the cost) The amount of time and energy that goes into getting tickets is actually pretty draining too - especially way club goes about it all.

 

The matchday experience is OK mostly, but i am a bit jaded with a lot of the modern experience frankly....and i'm not getting any younger.

Think at my peak I was going to all the homes and about 10 aways..spent about a grand for Athens and it got to the point where I just couldn't afford it anymore.

Mate does the euro aways and that and I reckon this season has cost him over 4k

Even if I had it I don't think I could justify that. 

It is gutting though missing days like the cup final.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g0lanb said:

Just booked the flight to Paris. Any chance anybody here knows what's the best and cheapest way to get a ticket?

Not that it’ll help you, but all the best and cheapest ways to get a ticket will have been well taken by now.

Unless you’ve got a couple of thousand quid to pay a tout, then you’ll be lucky to pick up a ticket in Paris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coachpotato said:

 

Unless you’ve got a couple of thousand quid to pay a tout, then you’ll be lucky to pick up a ticket in Paris.

Definitely not paying everyone a couple of thousand quid

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, an tha said:

I think mine are coming to an end.

 

The cost is getting higher and higher all the time, and it is starting to get to me (i can afford it, but i am becoming increasingly uneasy about the cost) The amount of time and energy that goes into getting tickets is actually pretty draining too - especially way club goes about it all.

 

The matchday experience is OK mostly, but i am a bit jaded with a lot of the modern experience frankly....and i'm not getting any younger.

Comes to us all eventually, time to pass the baton over. Never did midweek European aways and it amazes me how people with families can do it. Not sure if they have family holidays. Admire the commitment but family is much more important. Don't know how my missus coped with three kids as I went to away games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, g0lanb said:

Just booked the flight to Paris. Any chance anybody here knows what's the best and cheapest way to get a ticket?

Optimistic post of the year, good luck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Think at my peak I was going to all the homes and about 10 aways..spent about a grand for Athens and it got to the point where I just couldn't afford it anymore.

Mate does the euro aways and that and I reckon this season has cost him over 4k

Even if I had it I don't think I could justify that. 

It is gutting though missing days like the cup final.

It's probably worse when you were once able to attend European aways rather than never being able to afford them,which helps. I have to admit that the idea of travelling several hours on a plane just to be herded on and off like a glorified 'football special' has never appealed to me. I'd like to spend a couple of nights doing some sightseeing too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Comes to us all eventually, time to pass the baton over. Never did midweek European aways and it amazes me how people with families can do it. Not sure if they have family holidays. Admire the commitment but family is much more important. Don't know how my missus coped with three kids as I went to away games.

I'm self employed and I am nearly always away through the week with work, so I used to get to aways after I had kids. I didn't have set holidays, I had enough money to do it and nobody really missed me. I used to go to every one (well nearly), but after we lost our way because of H&G and missed lots of europe, I never quite got back into the habit of going all the time and realised just how much I was fucking up my work by basically never working, so I would just pick odd games and I could normally get a ticket off someone. 

 

I used to know loads of fellas who had families and went to every game. I don't know how they navigated the time off, but lots of them would do it on a proper budget, often sleeping in airports, so having 2 nights away to keep the flight costs down, but not booking hotels. Or booking hotels miles away from the city we were staying in. The trip was just about football for them, which did not resonate with me at all. Going to the match has always been as much about my mates as it has the reds, so the mini holiday aspect of a euro away was the big part and certainly is this week. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's probably worse when you were once able to attend European aways rather than never being able to afford them,which helps. I have to admit that the idea of travelling several hours on a plane just to be herded on and off like a glorified 'football special' has never appealed to me. I'd like to spend a couple of nights doing some sightseeing too. 

If you go on day trips, it is shite. But making your own way and having a mini break is fucking great - 2 nights. I've had some of the happiest times of my life following the reds abroad and lots of it had little or nothing to do with football and I've certainly seen some wonderful places I would never have thought of going to. As much as houllier and Rafa brought some great results for us, it was fucking painful to watch at times - I can't imagine a day trip to be dealt that 90 mins.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm self employed and I am nearly always away through the week with work, so I used to get to aways after I had kids. I didn't have set holidays, I had enough money to do it and nobody really missed me. I used to go to every one (well nearly), but after we lost our way because of H&G and missed lots of europe, I never quite got back into the habit of going all the time and realised just how much a was fucking up my work by basically never working, so I would just pick odd games and I could normally get a ticket off someone. 

 

I used to know loads of fellas who had families and went to every game. I don't know how they navigated the time off, but lots of them would do it on a proper budget, often sleeping in airports, so having 2 nights away to keep the flight costs down, but not booking hotels. Or booking hotels miles away from the city we were staying in. The trip was just about football for them, which did not resonate with me at all. Going to the match has always been as much about my mates as it has the reds, so the mini holiday aspect of a euro away was the big part and certainly is this week. 

Pretty much with you on all of that mate. Once you lose the habit it's hard to pickup again and usually the cash has gone on something else.

Fair play to anyone who can give that commitment. I stopped the aways during the Souness era as I thought the style of play was boring. I would imagine the last few years have been great days out.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

seen some wonderful places

Drove past the coliseum and saw Eifel tower in the distance. Missed an awful lot but got pissed and had a laugh.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The forecast in Paris is annoying me.

 

Its from 28d to 25d to 21d and now 20d. 
 

I was only taking shorts. Will need my winter jacket at this rate.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The forecast in Paris is annoying me.

 

Its from 28d to 25d to 21d and now 20d. 
 

I was only taking shorts. Will need my winter jacket at this rate.

I’ve had to repack. Layers now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

The forecast in Paris is annoying me.

 

Its from 28d to 25d to 21d and now 20d. 
 

I was only taking shorts. Will need my winter jacket at this rate.

 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

I’ve had to repack. Layers now.


I thought my match jeans last stand was going to be last Sunday, I’m not sure they’ve got a 72 hours in them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s not hot but it’s still warm enough to wear shorts … 

 

and you’ll save money as well, don’t need to drink as many ice cold beers !

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Drove past the coliseum and saw Eifel tower in the distance. Missed an awful lot but got pissed and had a laugh.

 

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

Don’t 

 

1C48A2DA-0AE7-43E4-9018-28BDA564959C.jpeg

Over to our man on the spot 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a very nice place to go if you want something different, Rosa bonheur, à la porte jaune, in the Bois de Vincennes. It’s 10 mn ride from nation.

 

It’s a bar on a lake, it’s outdoor and it looks like a small square in the village. Very peaceful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope @Arnaud is on an Liverpool way retainer for all this Brilliant information he's been supplying,  Anyway hope everyone has a fantastic trip and we all see Hendo lifting Number 7 Saturday night .

  • Upvote 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've meant to be raising PID's all morning

 

im too excited now and nervous to give a fuck about anything. Roll on 22:30 tomorrow night. 
 

as delia once said.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×