You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

53 minutes ago, Baresi said:

Is the RER the metro?  I have to get back to orly airport after the game and planned on taking the metro, so hoping that ain’t the case. 

It's similar to the metro but I think travels a bit further out. But you use it to move around town just like the metro and my aim after the game is to get the RER B line back to Notre Dame. I'm not sure which line you get to the airport as when I've flown in I've only ever got a cab. 

47 minutes ago, an tha said:

Wembley could learn a bit from the French.

I am not advocating heavy handed policing - but checks to stop ticketless fans getting to turnstiles and bunking in should happen.

Was shite at final other week...and inside was chocker by us 2 or 3 to a spec.

If the solution to the problem is getting people to turn up 3 hours before kick off, the solution is wrong. I'm not advocating ticketless fans should be able to get in, but it's nonsense to expect anyone to arrive 3 hours before a 90 minute game. 

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's similar to the metro but I think travels a bit further out. But you use it to move around town just like the metro and my aim after the game is to get the RER B line back to Notre Dame. I'm not sure which line you get to the airport as when I've flown in I've only ever got a cab. 

If the solution to the problem is getting people to turn up 3 hours before kick off, the solution is wrong. I'm not advocating ticketless fans should be able to get in, but it's nonsense to expect anyone to arrive 3 hours before a 90 minute game. 

It’s RER B From the airport. 

45 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

3 hr thing is laughable and i doubt it will be a thing - but checks that stop people without tickets getting to the gates are IMHO a great idea and very welcome.

Really shouldn't be hard to put in place either.

• Upvote 2

When we played the UEFA cup final in Basel a few years ago I managed to get past the checkpoints and was able to get a ticket outside the ground off a tout for 200 francs. I had to leave it very late though. Probably 15 minutes before kick off. I don’t think I would get that lucky again. I’m going over for this but fuck paying 2 grand!  I’ll just enjoy the weekend in Paris and end up watching it on the big screen or in a bar.  
Weather looks good there this weekend! 

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Benzema saying Liverpool think they've already won it! I've never had that vibe anywhere at all. Does he really need to go the mind games route they're Real Madrid. 

Coming from a club that wore “And onto number 14…” t-shirts after they won their semi…

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Razoray said:

Screenshot_20220524-221820_WhatsApp.jpg

Surely that’s just parroting the original French LFC tweet which has since been deleted? 

They are leaving it all a bit late with any announcements for supporter activity. Nothing has been “officially” announced yet. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, an tha said:

3 hr thing is laughable and i doubt it will be a thing - but checks that stop people without tickets getting to the gates are IMHO a great idea and very welcome.

Really shouldn't be hard to put in place either.

It won't be a thing for me that's for sure! You're right, it shouldn't be hard and it actually shouldn't really slow the process of entry down very much. But it's the French police. They will deliberately send these messages out and then cause fucking mayhem because they want us out of the pubs and in the ground out of the way. If they could force us to go to the stadium at 9am and be nowhere near their city and tourists, they would. 

1 hour ago, Fowlers God said:

We having a meet anywhere? Should be there from Late morning saturday

My super duper WhatsApp group is like trying to herd cats. 

Drop us a text Saturday morning. I’d assume Cours De Vincennes.

Paris fanzone for Champions League final: What Liverpool fans need to know (thelocal.fr)

I had to register my email on this site today but haven't done before. It's an English language site based in France. That page has general info on the fanzone and says this on the topic of big screen, which is in line with what others are saying:

Will the final be shown on big screens?

This is the big question everyone is asking.

Neither the authorities in Paris, the police nor Uefa have officially confirmed whether or not the match will be shown live. When asked by The Local the police told us they would make an announcement towards the end of the week and that for the moment they would not confirm anything. But they hinted the plan was to show the match.

They have previously confirmed there will be giant screens in the fanzone and the fanzone will stay open “until the end of the match” so it’s likely they are simply avoiding announcing anything yet so as not to encourage more fans to come to Paris without tickets.

We’ll update this page as soon as we get it confirmed that match will be shown live on big screens. Certain French news sites are already suggesting this is the case.

However it’s worth remembering that when the final was in Madrid it was not shown live in the fanzone, which left thousands of ticketless fans desperately trying to find a bar to watch it.

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

It’s pretty easy and fast to go to Nation (Cours de Vincennes) from every where in Paris. From Nation, on Boulevard Voltaire, you will find bars every where …

Yeah, but then it's adding time to get to the stadium. I'm not too far from Notre dame, so I'm taking myself away from the ground effectively, where it's 10 mins on the RER B (providing it's running of course). There's loads of great places to hang out where I am. And I saw kieo and Webster just on Sunday! 

• Upvote 1