Sign in to follow this  
kop77

Paris

On 19/05/2022 at 21:36, Arnaud said:

Btw the game in 81 was in Parc des Princes, where PSG play. Great stadium. This game is at the Stade de France, awful stadium.

Why is it awful (genuine question)? Is it not where they held the World Cup Final? If it is that one, it looks very impressive on the telly.

A high of 26 degrees in Paris next Saturday and 22 degrees at 8pm kick off time. 

Hot and relatively humid. This will probably suit Madrid. 

Bring the sun block

What is the rule on drinking in public @Arnaud

My mate wants to have a wander before going to the pub Saint Germain, I told him to go by the Louvre and cross the Pont Neuf. I said he should get a few cans/bottles and sit down in the Royal Park next to the Louvre. 

Also said to sit on the banks of the Seine and have a drink near Cite. 

He's only really got to cross the bridge to Odeon or Mabillion and then he's there. He's flying in at 8.30 to Beauvais airport but that is 55 miles away. 

42 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

My mate wants to have a wander before going to the pub Saint Germain, I told him to go by the Louvre and cross the Pont Neuf. I said he should get a few cans/bottles and sit down in the Royal Park next to the Louvre. 

He's only really got to cross the bridge to Odeon or Mabillion and then he's there. He's flying in at 8.30 to Beauvais airport but that is 55 miles away. 

Good shout that Park is massive and never too busy !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Liverpool do not have a free for all ballot.

You needed to be a season ticket holder or a member with 6 european cup home games from this season bought and paid for on your record to be able to enter ballot.

Now whether that is best and fairest way to do it is a subject that can of course be debated.

I know the criteria. I don’t think having 35k ballot for a chance of 1:3 is particularly fair.

24 minutes ago, an tha said:

Tickets just arrived.

Buzzing!!

Gonna be so many blag tickets around - look dead easy to forge - no silver patch.

20220521-095731.jpg

I got mine last night and thought the same. I'm assuming something on there must be difficult to reproduce. Maybe some magic in that qr code. 

50 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I got mine last night and thought the same. I'm assuming something on there must be difficult to reproduce. Maybe some magic in that qr code. 

Maybe.

Be interesting to see how pans out.

21 minutes ago, an tha said:

Maybe.

Be interesting to see how pans out.

It is based on the QR code. If you scan the real ones, they bring up some gobbledygook.

Scan the fakes and it takes you to a random website. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Tickets just arrived.

Buzzing!!

Gonna be so many blag tickets around - look dead easy to forge - no silver patch.

20220521-095731.jpg

What a stunning photo. Enjoy.

12 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

Usually no prob, lots of people drink or eat on the Banks of Seine, it’s popular and really great. At the Tuileries, the posh garden you mention, it’s ok if it’s quiet and not loud.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, an tha said:

Tickets just arrived.

Buzzing!!

20220521-095731.jpg

Just scanned your QR code and it took me to Grinder…

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

It'll be a bumper afternoon for Kronenbourg 1664.

Red Kronenboug, only ever seen it in France…

***chefs kiss***