You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

They should be banned IMO.

Disgusting.

I agree. Taking advantage of peoples desperation. Still, I’m genuinely surprised he’s done it.

He was speaking to one event company. They wanted £3.7k last week. He called them yesterday to try and negotiate it down and they told him they wanted £7k now. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I agree. Taking advantage of peoples desperation. Still, I’m genuinely surprised he’s done it.

He was speaking to one event company. They wanted £3.7k last week. He called them yesterday to try and negotiate it down and they told him they wanted £7k now. 

Fucking hell...parasites.

22 hours ago, gap30 said:

Those poor 'cunts' have usually followed the club home and away for 25 plus years and are pulling their hair out at the prospect of having to put themselves through the wringer whilst all the hangers on enjoy a pint before the game

Just read your reply.

There are plenty of supporters who will miss out on tickets for this game, and who have missed out on tickets for previous finals too, after having stumped up their hard earned cash to watch the team home and away for years, and not just in the recent, successful, past either.

We all put ourselves through the wringer watching the team in finals or tight league finishes, and I, like you, dislike the idea that there are many corporate, influential, or just very well off people who can rock up at these games and get a ticket.

It’s obscene and will carry on because money always talks in the game these days.

It still doesn’t justify bunking in for the reasons I gave in my previous post.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, mgw100 said:

It seems a bit last minute. Is there not normally an announcement on this by now?

Yeah, but normally they've about 2 years to plan this shit, this time they've only had 3 months. They've had top hotels to book before the plebs get in and some planning around how they give tickets to half the stadium to people with no interest in the match. It's a tough gig, and I for one am amazed they could pull it off so quickly. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I’m sure the Gendarme won’t be taking any prisoners. 

88275D93-91D5-4E26-A126-1149D0F47955.png

If Stade de France is anything like 81 I would strongly recommend not going to try and bunk in. In 81 there where about 3 check points all barriers checking tickets, no ticket you where getting nowhere near the ground. As in the photo above the barrier guards had big sticks and these pointy at you things that go bang. Save your money and watch in pub.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

If Stade de France is anything like 81 I would strongly recommend not going to try and bunk in. In 81 there where about 3 check points all barriers checking tickets, no ticket you where getting nowhere near the ground. As in the photo above the barrier guards had big sticks and these pointy at you things that go bang. Save your money and watch in pub.

The French police are always cunts. They treat every football match like a riot. It doesn't matter if you're behaving good or bad, they will let you know they're there by force. I don't know if they treat domestic football the same, but my experience there has been horrific. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The French police are always cunts. They treat every football match like a riot. It doesn't matter if you're behaving good or bad, they will let you know they're there by force. I don't know if they treat domestic football the same, but my experience there has been horrific. 

Exactly Baz, can't remember what their riot guys are called but they will be there.

45 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Has anyone on the waiting list been emailed yet?

Fed up of checking to see if they’ve contacted me, 5132 on the list so likely unlucky again, but the waiting is torture.

I think it is all sold out/done and dusted now.

51 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

There was an extra UEFA sale today apparently. I only found out once they’d all gone. 

I assume they have a waiting list and only emailed the top X on it. 

All the tickets were £550 cat 1 jobs.

I applied originally as a back up - no joy - got an email about it today.

11 minutes ago, an tha said:

All the tickets were £550 cat 1 jobs.

I applied originally as a back up - no joy - got an email about it today.

I’m sure if got a £550 one, you have enough friends to have taken it.

2 hours ago, coachpotato said:

Has anyone on the waiting list been emailed yet?

Fed up of checking to see if they’ve contacted me, 5132 on the list so likely unlucky again, but the waiting is torture.

I think it’s unlikely it’s getting down to 5132…

433AE92E-E911-4F9B-9ADE-28D432A18991.png

I was 532 for Madrid and it didn’t get as far as me. I assume these are the remaining £550 ones.

• Upvote 1