You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

45 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

It’s pretty easy and fast to go to Nation (Cours de Vincennes) from every where in Paris. From Nation, on Boulevard Voltaire, you will find bars every where …

Any idea if your going to be able to bring your own alcohol into this park, please?

Kiev and Madrid weren’t a problem but if it’s fenced off (as I’ve seen some suggested) and everybody is being searched on the way in for flares and pyro (as LFC have said), then I’m waiting 30 mins for a beer doesn’t sound like my idea of fun. 

• Like 1

Swerving that fan park lark.

Be absolutely chocker, be a nightmare leaving it with thousands of others leaving at same time to get to ground.

Everything will be massively overpriced and frankly I personally find a lot of these 'Boss Night' lads and the whole thing around them/it a bit shite.

The idea of standing watching all that whilst people throw ale around all over the shop just does not appeal to me.

Be better off IMO having a decent drink and some scran somewhere a bit quieter and swerving it.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

Be absolutely chocker, be a nightmare leaving it with thousands of others leaving at same time to get to ground.

Everything will be massively overpriced and frankly I personally find a lot of these 'Boss Night' lads and the whole thing around them/it a bit shite.

The idea of standing watching all that whilst people throw ale around all over the shop just does not appeal to me.

Be better off IMO having a decent drink and some scran somewhere a bit quieter and swerving it.

It was good fun in Kiev. Madrid was like a ‘roided up version, we stood at the back / side and headed up the ground early. 

Still, I’d rather be drinking a load of cans all day that play €8 in some bar. 

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

It was good fun in Kiev. Madrid was like a ‘roided up version, we stood at the back / side and headed up the ground early. 

Still, I’d rather be drinking a load of cans all day that play €8 in some bar. 

Given they are talking about what is on sale there, i'd be very surprised if you get your own ale in and i would be equally surprised if the stuff they are selling there is 1. Any cop and 2. Cheap.

To each their own of course, but we'll be swerving it.

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

That's my plan. There was loads of dicks lobbing ale at the boss night on Sunday. I might have gone if it was close by or under tour Eiffel or something, but I can't be fucked with it - in fact I think Sunday was my last of them. 

We've taken that page @Bruce Spanner posted and plotted it out on Google maps and we're staying kind of bang in the middle of most of them. So we don't necessarily need to go to those bars, but it sets the tone for the area, so I reckon we'll be sound around there and be sure of a good and reasonably priced beer. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

That's my plan. There was loads of dicks lobbing ale at the boss night on Sunday. I might have gone if it was close by or under tour Eiffel or something, but I can't be fucked with it - in fact I think Sunday was my last of them. 

We've taken that page @Bruce Spanner posted and plotted it out on Google maps and we're staying kind of bang in the middle of most of them. So we don't necessarily need to go to those bars, but it sets the tone for the area, so I reckon we'll be sound around there and be sure of a good and reasonably priced beer. 

Sounds like a plan

We are staying a bit out - haven't looked it up yet, but it is a good 10 mile out from ground - 25 mins or so in cab....out towards the airport.

So not sure if this fan lark is on way to ground or not for us - but as i say will swerve it anyway im favour of a quieter (IMO) better drink and some scran.

8 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Not sure if you like the film Amelie, but the Two Windmills cafe where she works in the film isn't far from LBF and they do a wonderful Croque Monsieur to line the stomach.

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Any idea if your going to be able to bring your own alcohol into this park, please?

Kiev and Madrid weren’t a problem but if it’s fenced off (as I’ve seen some suggested) and everybody is being searched on the way in for flares and pyro (as LFC have said), then I’m waiting 30 mins for a beer doesn’t sound like my idea of fun. 

No idea mate …. What you could you is go to bois de Vincennes with your booze and mates to and then go to the fan zone !

27 minutes ago, an tha said:

Lots of small bars as I said on boulevard voltaire with terraces. 10 mn far by feet there is a huge Irish pub =Patrick’s / ballon vert = 33 rue de Montreuil, great place but the ale expensive. I might be there selling old issue of the fanzine ….

Edited by Arnaud

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Not sure if you like the film Amelie, but the Two Windmills cafe where she works in the film isn't far from LBF and they do a wonderful Croque Monsieur to line the stomach.

I have not watched Amelie, but a good croque is always welcome. Although my biggest fascination of French grub is onion soup. 

3 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Lots of small bars as I said on boulevard voltaire with terraces. 10 mn far by feet there is a huge Irish pub =Patrick’s / ballon vert = 64 rue de Montreuil, great place but the ale expensive. I might be there selling old issue of the fanzine ….

An over priced Irish Bar, well I never! 

26 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Fan parks and drinking cans in town squares are a young man’s game, in my opinion. I’d much rather have some nice food and drink somewhere quieter, away from hordes of people, with a good internet signal where i can check flashscore.

Fixed that, pal....

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Lots of small bars as I said on boulevard voltaire with terraces. 10 mn far by feet there is a huge Irish pub =Patrick’s / ballon vert = 33 rue de Montreuil, great place but the ale expensive. I might be there selling old issue of the fanzine ….

Nice one

8 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Haha. Yeah, sadly my match going days are long gone.

I think mine are coming to an end.

The cost is getting higher and higher all the time, and it is starting to get to me (i can afford it, but i am becoming increasingly uneasy about the cost) The amount of time and energy that goes into getting tickets is actually pretty draining too - especially way club goes about it all.

The matchday experience is OK mostly, but i am a bit jaded with a lot of the modern experience frankly....and i'm not getting any younger.

• Upvote 4

We will be there Friday afternoon, any fanzone meeting places that evening? Madrid was great on the Friday night, so was Istanbul , Saturday was memorable obviously but centred around getting to the game or a bar to watch it while the night before was the craic 

1 hour ago, beejay said:

We will be there Friday afternoon, any fanzone meeting places that evening? Madrid was great on the Friday night, so was Istanbul , Saturday was memorable obviously but centred around getting to the game or a bar to watch it while the night before was the craic 

Istanbul was a Wednesday night.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Fan parks and drinking cans in town squares are a young man’s game, in my opinion. I’d much rather have some nice food and drink somewhere quieter, away from hordes of people, then go the game.

That would suit me too,if I was going there. I find those concert things a bit cringey too.

• Upvote 1