You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

37 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

For those traveling on RER B on sunday back to CDG airport, well , you won’t …. It’s closed between Gare du Nord and the airport. So you’ll have to a take an Air France bus from Nation / Madeleine / Montparnasse or get a taxi / Uber / whatever.

There might a strike Saturday, typical French cunts ….

It’s bank holiday Thursday, and many people will « make the bridge » to get a 4 days weekend.

As much as you can, enjoy food and wine down here, it’s the best place in the world for that.

Restaurants could be a bit expensive, but you go to a supermarket, you buy some charcuterie ( ham and sausage ), cheese, some wine, real glasses and you go out for a picnic on the banks of the Seine River, Bois de Vincennes which is really close to cours de Vincennes / Nation where the fanzone will stand , or jardin du Luxembourg. 

What might the strike be on, the RER? 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fuck me. I don't think I could do that. As much as the trip will no doubt cost a few bob, I think I'd prefer to stay in the pub than spend best part of 2k per ticket. 

It was either that or be a cunt

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, gap30 said:

I will do when I get home

Where does it say you have to attend every match come what may and by hook or by crook? Even if your actions make others who miss out look like cunts? If I had 3 and a half grand I wouldnt be spending it on watching multi millionaire footballers. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Where does it say you have to attend every match come what may and by hook or by crook? Even if your actions make others who miss out look like cunts? If I had 3 and a half grand I wouldnt be spending it on watching multi millionaire footballers. 

Think we all know who the cunt is.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Touting seems to be on a different level these days, judging by some the prices mentioned on this thread. Seems to be a depressing number of people willing to pay the obscene amounts too, which completes the cycle. 

It’s a lot of money but still a cheaper than what you can buy online at this point in time. Live football tickets have cat 4 tickets available for £1.8k each with +£500 service fee over and above again, so £2.3k all up. 

Anyone thinking of bunking in just fucking forget it. The French riot cops in 1981 just blocked everything. You just couldn't get near without a ticket. A few of our lot tried it but just got twatted.

EDIT. We still had three quarters of the bloody ground though.

3 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

What might the strike be on, the RER? 

Is the RER the metro?  I have to get back to orly airport after the game and planned on taking the metro, so hoping that ain’t the case. 

52 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

For fucks sake. Turn up at 6pm for a 9pm kick off. Fuck right off. 

https://twitter.com/TheAnfieldTalk/status/1529169954557284352?t=OLufo2-IJeuKD29EPVB_2g&s=09

Wembley could learn a bit from the French.

I am not advocating heavy handed policing - but checks to stop ticketless fans getting to turnstiles and bunking in should happen.

Was shite at final other week...and inside was chocker by us 2 or 3 to a spec.

1 hour ago, tokyojoe said:

Anyone thinking of bunking in just fucking forget it. The French riot cops in 1981 just blocked everything. You just couldn't get near without a ticket. A few of our lot tried it but just got twatted.

EDIT. We still had three quarters of the bloody ground though.

They’ll all be dead old by now so shouldn’t be that hard getting past them. 

• Upvote 1