You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Red Kronenboug, only ever seen it in France…

***chefs kiss***

Please don’t drink Kronenbourg,  this is not beer ….

We do have now good beers down here, local made beers, and lots of imported IPA. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

I know.

Not going to be as good as avoiding relegation but it will have to do.

We can only dream of losing 20 games in the league season and doing enough to barely finish above the might of Leeds, Watford and Norwich.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Please don’t drink Kronenbourg,  this is not beer ….

We do have now good beers down here, local made beers, and lots of imported IPA. 

If I can’t chug it and smash the can on my head with 30 seconds, I’m not interested…

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

https://www.france-hotel-guide.com/en/blog/craft-beer-bar-paris/

I was in Paris in March and ticked a few off this list.

LBF is great, just near the Moulin Rouge.

Nice one. 

Just had a read through that. Seems loads of those pubs are walking distance from where we're staying. And maybe a couple we could use part of a pub crawl to the stadium on match day. 

7 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

This fella has been posting stuff for a couple of weeks hasn't he? 

Yeah he seems to be doing a good job helping folk out with info, I was more wondering whether there was anything official floating about.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

It is indeed , it’s been for a while, hasn’t it ?  I hope you guys won’t shout too much, I want to spend a quiet evening. 

The thing that has been updated today is word that the fan zone will be showing the game....unofficially anyway, as far as I can make out

For those traveling on RER B on sunday back to CDG airport, well , you won’t …. It’s closed between Gare du Nord and the airport. So you’ll have to a take an Air France bus from Nation / Madeleine / Montparnasse or get a taxi / Uber / whatever.

There might a strike Saturday, typical French cunts ….

It’s bank holiday Thursday, and many people will « make the bridge » to get a 4 days weekend.

As much as you can, enjoy food and wine down here, it’s the best place in the world for that.

Restaurants could be a bit expensive, but you go to a supermarket, you buy some charcuterie ( ham and sausage ), cheese, some wine, real glasses and you go out for a picnic on the banks of the Seine River, Bois de Vincennes which is really close to cours de Vincennes / Nation where the fanzone will stand , or jardin du Luxembourg. 

• Upvote 4