You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

On 17/05/2022 at 19:05, gap30 said:

Those poor 'cunts' have usually followed the club home and away for 25 plus years and are pulling their hair out at the prospect of having to put themselves through the wringer whilst all the hangers on enjoy a pint before the game

Wow spare the sob story it aint Britains got talent

dance-boxing.gif

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

There was an extra UEFA sale today apparently. I only found out once they’d all gone. 

I assume they have a waiting list and only emailed the top X on it. 

My lad managed to get two from it. Made up for him

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Btw the game in 81 was in Parc des Princes, where PSG play. Great stadium. This game is at the Stade de France, awful stadium.

Thanks for that mate. UEFA picking awful stadium, who would have thought that?

Still be tight security though.

10 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Btw the game in 81 was in Parc des Princes, where PSG play. Great stadium. This game is at the Stade de France, awful stadium.

I went to the PSG in 2018, I thought it was a bit of a dump.

Never been to Stade de France, never needed to! 

I see they are saying it’s going to be the largest police presence for a game ever at the stadium. 

Last try from me to get rid of my outbound flight to Paris if anyone wants it, from Luton Airport 6am day of the game (direct flights from there are going for over £400 quid at the mo).

I just need to recoup some of the money I've paid so I'd be happy to sell at £150 - any takers? 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

The problem is they'll do a whole lot more than that. 

I've always taken the view and i have been all over watching us that it is pretty easy to not get any agg from bizzies here or even abroad.

OK there is definitely more risk abroad, and i have no doubt that innocent people have been (as i have seen it) and will get caught up in stuff but for me (mostly) trouble from the bizzies tends to come the way of people who are acting up or giving an excuse to attract it.

55 minutes ago, an tha said:

I've always taken the view and i have been all over watching us that it is pretty easy to not get any agg from bizzies here or even abroad.

OK there is definitely more risk abroad, and i have no doubt that innocent people have been (as i have seen it) and will get caught up in stuff but for me (mostly) trouble from the bizzies tends to come the way of people who are acting up or giving an excuse to attract it.

I've been all over with us. And have found the French police will do anything to provoke trouble. I've never had any issues anywhere else, just there. Paris, Lyon, Marseille and even auxerre. Bordeaux was alright iirc and I've had no issue in Lille, but I stayed in the pub and missed the match there! 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've been all over with us. And have found the French police will do anything to provoke trouble. I've never had any issues anywhere else, just there. Paris, Lyon, Marseille and even auxerre. Bordeaux was alright iirc and I've had no issue in Lille, but I stayed in the pub and missed the match there! 

Trouble you say?

1E3503A9-F660-4911-975F-24FDDE7F1DC2.jpeg

• Upvote 2

This “fan zone” in the Cours de Vincennes should open at 2 p.m. on the day of the final, and will not only be reserved for Reds supporters, whether or not they have a ticket for the match. Pat-downs will be carried out to enter the area and musical entertainment is planned inside: two giant screens will be installed to broadcast the concerts that will take place in the afternoon. Food trucks and beer taps will also be available. The bill for the organization of these two spaces, Spanish and English, is paid by UEFA. As for the FFF, it has legal and operational responsibility.

3 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Additional translation… there will be 100k there, the big screens will be 2 iPads, the music will some dude with an accordion playing Jean Michelle Jarre covers, there will be impromptu mime acts & the food will be 1 guy selling crepes.

A fan park with big screens showing the game makes perfect sense. 

I still can't believe Madrid let >100k pissed up supporters of english clubs loose into the city at 4/5pm (?) to watch the game in 2019. I'm still surprised & glad it didn't end in significant bother.

From SOS on the final allocation..

Firstly, we would like to thank the club for being so transparent and walking us through these ticket allocations at such a critical and busy time of the season. None of us wants to discuss such matters when we’ve all got Sunday to look forward to, but we don’t underestimate the level of concern for some of our members.

The club confirmed that they expect more tickets to be released to supporters in the coming days and that the final overall allocation breakdown will be very similar to that in Madrid in 2019.

The current 85% supporter allocation, which includes the general ballot (64%) and those supporters with contracts (21%), will rise further as we approach the final. It was noted that these are rounded numbers and should be considered when looking at the figures. The Club also confirmed that they have contacted UEFA for any additional tickets but we think any more will be unlikely.

We are now going to wait until after the Champions League final when we will meet with the Club again to review the final ticket allocations and continue the conversation regarding how tickets are allocated and sold to supporters.

We thank members for raising their concerns with us.

With regard to UEFA, we are aware that LFC asked for a fairer and greater allocation but no more tickets have been forthcoming and they don’t  expect any more to materialise. 

During the meeting, ironically, UEFA released a batch of tickets available to those who were initially unsuccessful in their first ballot. This highlights the basic problem: 12,000 UEFA tickets in a free-for-all ballot that should have been shared between fans of the finalists. 

It is clear that UEFA are adamant that this is how they want to operate and individual clubs are powerless to change this policy. We will continue to approach UEFA via Football Supporters Europe to lobby for a percentage of these tickets to be included in the finalists’ allocations. 

This includes the cost of tickets. We asked that Liverpool support our representations to UEFA to reduce extortionate prices in the future, as we will via Football Supporters Europe.

Regards,

Joe Blott

Chair

Spirit of Shankly

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

From SOS on the final allocation..

Firstly, we would like to thank the club for being so transparent and walking us through these ticket allocations at such a critical and busy time of the season. None of us wants to discuss such matters when we’ve all got Sunday to look forward to, but we don’t underestimate the level of concern for some of our members.

The club confirmed that they expect more tickets to be released to supporters in the coming days and that the final overall allocation breakdown will be very similar to that in Madrid in 2019.

The current 85% supporter allocation, which includes the general ballot (64%) and those supporters with contracts (21%), will rise further as we approach the final. It was noted that these are rounded numbers and should be considered when looking at the figures. The Club also confirmed that they have contacted UEFA for any additional tickets but we think any more will be unlikely.

We are now going to wait until after the Champions League final when we will meet with the Club again to review the final ticket allocations and continue the conversation regarding how tickets are allocated and sold to supporters.

We thank members for raising their concerns with us.

With regard to UEFA, we are aware that LFC asked for a fairer and greater allocation but no more tickets have been forthcoming and they don’t  expect any more to materialise. 

During the meeting, ironically, UEFA released a batch of tickets available to those who were initially unsuccessful in their first ballot. This highlights the basic problem: 12,000 UEFA tickets in a free-for-all ballot that should have been shared between fans of the finalists. 

It is clear that UEFA are adamant that this is how they want to operate and individual clubs are powerless to change this policy. We will continue to approach UEFA via Football Supporters Europe to lobby for a percentage of these tickets to be included in the finalists’ allocations. 

This includes the cost of tickets. We asked that Liverpool support our representations to UEFA to reduce extortionate prices in the future, as we will via Football Supporters Europe.

Regards,

Joe Blott

Chair

Spirit of Shankly

'Individual clubs are powerless?' Really? You know who could make a difference? Fans could force change if they wanted to,but don't.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Although I don't agree with the UEFA "free for all" ballot, Liverpool's is only marginally better...

Liverpool do not have a free for all ballot.

You needed to be a season ticket holder or a member with 6 european cup home games from this season bought and paid for on your record to be able to enter ballot.

Now whether that is best and fairest way to do it is a subject that can of course be debated.