You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

2 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Brilliant story, life don't get much better than that 

You aren’t wrong mate. 

14 and his first CL final, away with his Dad and a load of his family for hopefully a memory that lasts a lifetime. 

It’s his birthday the day after the final as well. I’d give anything for a win, what a birthday present that would be. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

That's what Dad's do mate.

Yep. My own Dad,whose Dad died when he was a teenager and his youngest brother was a baby had a ticket for the 1971 final. He travelled down there with his friends and also his youngest brother,who was ticketless. My Dad gave his ticket to his younger brother and listened to the game on a car radio in Wembley Car Park. It's what families do.

• Upvote 3

For the 89 final my Dad got 2 tickets but travelled down to Wemblet with me and my brother. I was 14 and my brother was 9. 

I was a bit worried going in on my own with him after what had happened a few weeks earlier. My Dad waited for us outside. Loads of people legged it before Stuart Mcall scored and the gates were open. My Dad asked one of the stewards if he could go in and he got to see all the extra time (the 90 minutes was boring as fuck apart from the two goals).

My dad also saw a couple of women get their tits out after some fellas shouted at them to do it in celebration as Liverpool had win the cup. He was grinning all the way home on the coach.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

My dad also saw a couple of women get their tits out after some fellas shouted at them to do it in celebration as Liverpool had win the cup. He was grinning all the way home on the coach.

That’s the real quiz! 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, paddyberger said:

You aren’t wrong mate. 

14 and his first CL final, away with his Dad and a load of his family for hopefully a memory that lasts a lifetime. 

It’s his birthday the day after the final as well. I’d give anything for a win, what a birthday present that would be. 

Story just gets better! What an adventure for your lad. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yep. My own Dad,whose Dad died when he was a teenager and his youngest brother was a baby had a ticket for the 1971 final. He travelled down there with his friends and also his youngest brother,who was ticketless. My Dad gave his ticket to his younger brother and listened to the game on a car radio in Wembley Car Park. It's what families do.

Families are just the best invention ever.

I see everyone are complaining about UEFA, what about the fuckin touts, who are supposed to be fans, but are nothing but criminal thugs.

Ive seen tickets touted for £6000-8000 for Paris.

Fuckin lowlife scum.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

All booked up.

3 of us in Block Z11.

£125 each (robbing gets)

But buzzing like fuck!!

No offence lad 3 tickets together for £125 and your moaning about the price

I would give my right arm to be in your position

1 hour ago, gap30 said:

No offence lad 3 tickets together for £125 and your moaning about the price

I would give my right arm to be in your position

No offence "lad" but £125 a pop to watch a footy match (any footy match) is in my opinion a disgrace and it is a sad reflection on modern footy that we have become conditioned to accept it as ok....and be grateful too.

End of day of course i like anyone else have choice to pay it or not and if i feel strongly enough not pay it....I choose to pay it as love my club, love going the game and want to experience such ocassions - but i do find pricing troublesome and the fact it is rising all the time.

I also appreciate others would love to be able to go and I am lucky to have chance and be able to afford it and i appreciate people would pay more etc - the allocations we get are shite, the fact we get circa 20,000 in a 75,000 capacity ground is shite...

I stand by my comments though the pricing is robbery - it has done and will continue to price people who love their clubs out the game....that in my book is not moaning, it is simply stating how i feel....but i like many pay it anyway because we are addicted and love our club/s.

The clubs, uefa, fa, pl etc know this of course and exploit it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, an tha said:

No offence "lad" but £125 a pop to watch a footy match (any footy match) is in my opinion a disgrace and it is a sad reflection on modern footy that we have become conditioned to accept it as ok....and be grateful too.

End of day of course i like anyone else have choice to pay it or not and if i feel strongly enough not pay it....I choose to pay it as love my club, love going the game and want to experience such ocassions - but i do find pricing troublesome and the fact it is rising all the time.

I also appreciate others would love to be able to go and I am lucky to have chance and be able to afford it and i appreciate people would pay more etc - the allocations we get are shite, the fact we get circa 20,000 in a 75,000 capacity ground is shite...

I stand by my comments though the pricing is robbery - it has done and will continue to price people who love their clubs out the game....that in my book is not moaning, it is simply stating how i feel....but i like many pay it anyway because we are addicted and love our club/s.

The clubs, uefa, fa, pl etc know this of course and exploit it.

Wow spare the sob story it aint Britains got talent

£125 to go a prestigious footballing event is pennies if you think thats bad check out how much the flights are from John Lennon now thats a piss take

I need a ticket for my son will pay whatever I have to, myself I dont give a fuck I will bunk in (because once again as fucking per I got fucked off in the ballot)

Thats a lot of fucking

• Downvote 3

2 minutes ago, gap30 said:

Wow spare the sob story it aint Britains got talent

£125 to go a prestigious footballing event is pennies if you think thats bad check out how much the flights are from John Lennon now thats a piss take

I need a ticket for my son will pay whatever I have to, myself I dont give a fuck I will bunk in (because once again as fucking per I got fucked off in the ballot)

Thats a lot of fucking

"Sob story".....Beaut.

And as for bunking in....not something i feel you should be bragging about online or doing frankly.

• Upvote 1

On 12/05/2022 at 18:35, Reckoner said:

It’s a matter of time before the top clubs start talking about a super league breakaway from UEFA again.
When that time comes fucking remember days like this when UEFA start laying on the sentimental shit about the football family. That fans can go to every home game in a competition and not get a final ticket in an enormous stadium is just a scandal, one we are all used to by now, but still a fucking scandal.

Same with the Europa, I saw something about Rangers getting allocated 9,500 tickets for a 43,000 seater stadium. 

Some of them are restricted viewing as well. All of the stadiums in Europe and you're holding a final in a stadium with restricted views. 

I don't think you'll ever cover demand effectively for a cup final, but the allocations always consistently take the piss and worsen the touting as well.

On 12/05/2022 at 20:16, Harry Squatter said:

Last time I went to Paris I stayed un Rue St Marc not far from the Opera Garnier. 

Is that next to the laboratoire?

On 13/05/2022 at 00:16, Arnaud said:

It’s way beyond my command of English langage…

He is looking for a bar with staff who have gros seins.