You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

37 minutes ago, polymerpunkah said:

No thoughts of putting in place some sort of weighted system?

The longer you go without winning a draw, the greater your chances of winning the next one?

We use that system here with some of our government-allotted opportunities and it works fine.

Shouldn't be that hard to implement.

I'm not entirely sure the LFC ticket office have moved from Access '95 yet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Think the ballot is done independently?  i.e. LFC give the numbers to some firm and they run the ballot.

They’d be relying on the club giving them correct details to allow any “weighting” to be implemented, that’s where the problem would lie. This is a club who’s season ticket waiting list was in a big fuck off book with all the entries written in by hand. It only took them 20 years to get that anything like sorted.

Last time I went to Paris I stayed un Rue St Marc not far from the Opera Garnier. 

The street I stayed on had two metro stops within 200 yards grand Boulevards and Bon Nouvelle. In the street there are quite a few pubs with a couple of large Irish bars and a Sports bar.

Corcorans and O'Sullivans were big and always packed with football and rugby on. There's also quite a lot of small bars dotted around that area.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pubs+near+grand+boulevard+paris+france&client=ms-android-samsung-rev2&source=android-home&source=hp&ei=flx9YoviAcr5gQaCwrFo&oq=pubs+near+hrand+boulevard+paris&gs_lcp=ChFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBABGAAyCgghEAoQoAEQiwMyDQghEBYQChAdEB4QiwM6CggpELEDEIMBEAo6CwgpEIAEELEDEIMBOgoIKRDHARCvARAKOgUIKRCABDoLCCkQgAQQxwEQrwE6CAgpEIAEENQCOggIKRCABBCxAzoLCCkQxwEQrwEQkQI6BAgpEA06BAgpEEM6DggAEI8BEOoCEIwDEOUCOgQIABBDOgoILhDHARCjAhBDOhAILhCxAxDHARCjAhDUAhBDOgUIABCABDoLCAAQgAQQsQMQgwE6BwgAELEDEEM6DgguELEDEMcBENEDEJECOgsILhDHARCvARCRAjoICC4QgAQQsQM6DgguEIAEELEDEMcBEKMCOggIABCABBCxAzoICC4QgAQQ1AI6BAgAEAM6CggAELEDEMkDEEM6BQgAEJIDOg0ILhCxAxCDARDUAhBDOgoILhCxAxDUAhBDOgsIABCABBCxAxDJAzoICAAQgAQQyQM6BggAEBYQHjoFCCEQoAE6CAghEKABEIsDOgQIABANOgYIABANEB46CAgAEAgQDRAeOgcIABDJAxANOgsIABDJAxAIEA0QHjoHCCEQChCgAToJCCEQChAVEIsDOgsIIRAWEB0QHhCLAzoKCCEQFhAKEB0QHlCMDVjNcmDvfWgAcAB4AYAB1AmIAYpJkgERMC4xMy4xMS40LjAuMy4wLjGYAQCgAQGwAR64AQM&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#trex=m_r:1,m_t:gwp,rc_q:pubs%20near%20grand%20boulevard%20paris%20france,rc_ui:9,ru_gwp:0%2C6,ru_q:pubs%20near%20grand%20boulevard%20paris%20france,trex_id:Ohsdcb

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

They’d be relying on the club giving them correct details to allow any “weighting” to be implemented, that’s where the problem would lie. This is a club who’s season ticket waiting list was in a big fuck off book with all the entries written in by hand. It only took them 20 years to get that anything like sorted.

Yeah.  Wouldn't be surprised if all the details for the ballot weren't correctly put forward.

I’ve benefited from the game as much as anybody across the last 30 years but the whole system for LFC aways is fundamentally broken…..and it has been for years.

The fact they allow supporters to buy European away tickets allocated into other supporters names, tells its own story.

I’ve been 7 aways this season, (which is low for me) but not 1 ticket has been in my name.

They need to be able either credit the people who do end up using them or make them non-distributable via the apps.

16 hours ago, Reckoner said:

There’s always the waiting list. A few lads and lasses on my row said they haven’t renewed their passport cos of COVID and so won’t be applying despite qualifying. So you never know. I haven’t given up. Although I still think we can win the title so I’m basically an idiot. 

Massive queues outside Passport Office in Town when I went past yesterday. I had totally forgotten about the ballot draw and wondered why so many on that particular day.

17 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I’ve benefited from the game as much as anybody across the last 30 years but the whole system for LFC aways is fundamentally broken…..and it has been for years.

The fact they allow supporters to buy European away tickets allocated into other supporters names, tells its own story.

I’ve been 7 aways this season, (which is low for me) but not 1 ticket has been in my name.

They need to be able either credit the people who do end up using them or make them non-distributable via the apps.

This. My lad and his mate use our season tickets now - they both did AC and Villareal away this season (his mate did Inter away as well). They have been to countless domestic aways this season (in fact his mate has done every domestic game so far this season). The only away tickets they managed to get via the ST's were Preston. Needless to say they were unsuccessful in the ballot (for both tomorrow and Paris). I said exactly the same as you yesterday to my lad - there has to be a way for the people who attend to get the actual credit. The closed shop for away tickets is a joke.

22 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Rather ashamedly, I do have a ticket. A lad who gets me Euro aways can’t make it and bought me a £58 ticket yesterday.

I feel awful for my Dad though. Every final together for 30 years and then he misses two on the bounce.

I’ve tried to offer him my ticket for Saturday & Paris and he won’t take them. I offered not to go at all on Saturday and we’d go out and watch it but he wasn’t having that either. 

I’ll say similar in Paris, I’ll let one of my mates have it and we can watch it together but I know he won’t allow that either.

I should be bouncing ahead of Saturday and 2 weeks time, but I feel rotten. 

That's what Dad's do mate.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

That's what Dad's do mate.

I know, doesn’t make me feel any better about it.

I thought I’d got him a Paris one earlier but I dropped a bollock and mis-read something.

When I say every final for 30 years, I don’t mean the odd one here and there in that time frame, I mean we’ve been to every final we’ve played from Sunderland’92 to Chelsea in February.

I know the pair of us are incredibly lucky and amazingly fortunate to have such a great run but it doesn’t make it any easier.

No doubt he’d just annoy me tomorrow but I still wish he was there. 

I’ll be in a more positive mood tomorrow! 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I know, doesn’t make me feel any better about it.

I thought I’d got him a Paris one earlier but I dropped a bollock and mis-read something.

When I say every final for 30 years, I don’t mean the odd one here and there in that time frame, I mean we’ve been to every final we’ve played from Sunderland’92 to Chelsea in February.

I know the pair of us are incredibly lucky and amazingly fortunate to have such a great run but it doesn’t make it any easier.

No doubt he’d just annoy me tomorrow but I still wish he was there.

Hell of a run that, well in.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GR10 LFC said:

This. My lad and his mate use our season tickets now - they both did AC and Villareal away this season (his mate did Inter away as well). They have been to countless domestic aways this season (in fact his mate has done every domestic game so far this season). The only away tickets they managed to get via the ST's were Preston. Needless to say they were unsuccessful in the ballot (for both tomorrow and Paris). I said exactly the same as you yesterday to my lad - there has to be a way for the people who attend to get the actual credit. The closed shop for away tickets is a joke.

The way the tickets are allocated completely sucks away the joy of getting to any final. 

I get there will always be supporters unhappy about missing out but when people who’ve distributed tickets all season or a member with 5 league games and 6 CL credits (which they also could have distributed) end up with tickets, it leaves an all mighty sour taste in the mouth.

I just hope tomorrow, Tuesday and Sunday, the players get the send off the deserve because the fair well before Athens couldn’t have been more limp.

2 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Hell of a run that, well in.

I know, I know. I’m trying to be philosophical about it all but it stings.

I think I’m more worked up about it than he is. He resigned himself to not going about a week ago, I’ve been trying everything I can possibly think of with no luck.

Just now, Scott_M said:

I know, I know. I’m trying to be philosophical about it all but it stings.

I think I’m more worked up about it than he is. He resigned himself to not going about a week ago, I’ve been trying everything I can possibly think of with no luck.

Keep hoping Scott, I got one for the 2001 fa cup final about 8.00 the night before. 

1 minute ago, DalyanPete said:

Keep hoping Scott, I got one for the 2001 fa cup final about 8.00 the night before. 

Ha.

I’ve been thinking there are a few I know who have for Paris that don’t deserve them, are a complete cunts and how awful it would be if they got pick-pocketed on the metro…

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Ha.

I’ve been thinking there are a few I know who have for Paris that don’t deserve them, are a complete cunts and how awful it would be if they got pick-pocketed on the metro…

It happened all the time in the metro down here ….