You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

How big is it? Sounds the biggest at 500+ but the photos on the website don’t suggest it’s anywhere near that big. 

Does look very easy to get to the ground from there. 

Never been there but mates have and said it was good. Really close to stade de France indeed.

@Arnaud we're staying about a 10 minute walk from Guard de Nord, any decent boozers around there? Half our mob will have tickets, half wont, so we're looking for those that don't get a ticket, a bar to watch it and somewhere for us to get back to.

Cheers if you can help out. 

2 minutes ago, Chip Butty said:

@Arnaud we're staying about a 10 minute walk from Guard de Nord, any decent boozers around there? Half our mob will have tickets, half wont, so we're looking for those that don't get a ticket, a bar to watch it and somewhere for us to get back to.

Cheers if you can help out. 

I think you’re not too far from l’ourc which is an artificial river in the north of Paris. It’s a 20 mn walk , along the canal, it’s great .

I don’t know much about Gare du Nord, sorry.

548DCCDA-0141-46BE-954E-B00285DCDE35.png

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

I think you’re not too far from l’ourc which is an artificial river in the north of Paris. It’s a 20 mn walk , along the canal, it’s great .

I don’t know much about Gare du Nord, sorry.

548DCCDA-0141-46BE-954E-B00285DCDE35.png

Want to recommend something for me as well? We’re staying here…

13 Rue Victor Masse, 75009, Paris

Again, it’ll likely be a case of half with tickets and half without. 

Is this going to be like Liverpool Lad at Benfica? Asks a local for a decent restaurant, they all pile in there and then the guy he asks walks in 10 mins later and is the owner?

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Is this going to be like Liverpool Lad at Benfica? Asks a local for a decent restaurant, they all pile in there and then the guy he asks walks in 10 mins later and is the owner?

You’re not far from Pigalle, lots of place to drink there, or place Clichy.

FF7B8901-2FD8-4349-A70E-10FE12D08F64.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

Obviously the best place for beers in Paris is at my place. But my son wants no one home to focus on the game and you guys would ruin my TLW museum ….

Your missus comes home "Who are all these in our front room?"

"Well it's just my mates, that's Anubis, Stringvest, Verbal Diarrhea, RB14 and Mudface. And the fella in the toilet upstairs is Alan Sex although he's been up there a while now......" 

"What about the gang of drunks in the front garden?"

"Oh that's Code. He pissed in the Croton" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

"Well it's just my mates, that's Anubis, Stringvest, Verbal Diarrhea, RB14 and Mudface. And the fella in the toilet upstairs is Alan Sex although he's been up there a while now......" 

Nah , I only let in those who wrote in the Fanzine !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Am I invited? Top notch clientele there. 

2 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Am I invited? Top notch clientele there. 

Hahahahaha mate I actually put your name down but thought you sounded like someone in a stag group

"Why do they call him Tokyo Joe?"

"He shit himself in Yo Sushi" 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, tokyojoe said:

Dunno what I'm doing yet but your bluenose bird will keep everything quiet won't she?

She's actually in Paris right now. One of her best mates has taken her for her 40th. I'm taking her to Center parks with her family next weekend. Cup final surrounded by 6 blues and 1 manc. Her mums a Red though so we'll steam into them. 

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Visited Paris a couple of years back. A girl I used to see worked in hospitality, and she took me (and my current wife) to a very cool neighbourhood called Strasbourg St Denis. A 20 minute walk from you. Loads of cool bars.

2 hours ago, aRdja said:

Visited Paris a couple of years back. A girl I used to see worked in hospitality, and she took me (and my current wife) to a very cool neighbourhood called Strasbourg St Denis. A 20 minute walk from you. Loads of cool bars.

Indeed, that’s what we call down here « Grands Boulevards », around Richelieu Drouot métro station. A good pub is The Corcorans.

• Upvote 1

Just looking at some of the tout website prices, it’s sickening how these get into so many hands. I understand the UEFA Ballot is a quick way to make a buck but there are tickets in our end available as well.

In the last 2 days I’ve been offered a standard ticket for £5.5k and a hospitality ticket including private flight for >£10k (the price hasn’t been confirmed apart from 5 figures).

My Dad was offered tickets in our end at Wembley for £1500. I’m seen tickets on Twitter for £700.

It’s all completely sickening that good reds will miss out for these sharks. Personally, I couldn’t shaft a fellow red with theses prices. 

I don’t know the answer. I assume the free loaders will always be able to obtain via FA & UEFA but LFC need to do more as well. 

Personally, and I know some will disagree, I don’t think members should be in the same ballot as Season Ticket holders. Also, if you’ve distributed tickets, that should count against you. I know I’d have been penalised this season having done that but I do think it’s the right thing to do. I assume that’ll come in going forwards. 

Like season tickets, could all final tickets be on your phone? Not perfect, but if you can’t distribute, it’s an improvement. 

I assume it’s a legacy of G&H, but c.20% going to “Priority Rights Holders” need fucking off. Sold the club down the river for an extra £500 a share, those free loaders are lucky the club is in this position ever again after their greed. 

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Just looking at some of the tout website prices, it’s sickening how these get into so many hands. I understand the UEFA Ballot is a quick way to make a buck but there are tickets in our end available as well.

In the last 2 days I’ve been offered a standard ticket for £5.5k and a hospitality ticket including private flight for >£10k (the price hasn’t been confirmed apart from 5 figures).

My Dad was offered tickets in our end at Wembley for £1500. I’m seen tickets on Twitter for £700.

It’s all completely sickening that good reds will miss out for these sharks. Personally, I couldn’t shaft a fellow red with theses prices. 

I don’t know the answer. I assume the free loaders will always be able to obtain via FA & UEFA but LFC need to do more as well. 

Personally, and I know some will disagree, I don’t think members should be in the same ballot as Season Ticket holders. Also, if you’ve distributed tickets, that should count against you. I know I’d have been penalised this season having done that but I do think it’s the right thing to do. I assume that’ll come in going forwards. 

Like season tickets, could all final tickets be on your phone? Not perfect, but if you can’t distribute, it’s an improvement. 

I assume it’s a legacy of G&H, but c.20% going to “Priority Rights Holders” need fucking off. Sold the club down the river for an extra £500 a share, those free loaders are lucky the club is in this position ever again after their greed. 

The answer is to make sure everyone has their ID matched to their ticket. How, I'm not sure, but it'll happen eventually.

Possibly through this face recognition shit.

1 hour ago, m0e said:

The answer is to make sure everyone has their ID matched to their ticket. How, I'm not sure, but it'll happen eventually.

Possibly through this face recognition shit.

If it’s anything like getting into Benfica, I’m against this! 

The spot checks LFC done have been a waste of time. 

9 hours ago, aRdja said:

You're married fuck my life. With those gloves too

• Upvote 1

Been to Paris a few times, went to the Pub St Germain to watch us play Napoli. Also watched the final of Euro 2004 in there.

It's in the Latin Quarter and is a Gastropub with decent beer and food. Despite the name it's not anything to do with PSG. Odeon or Mabillon are the nearest Metro stops.

https://pubsaintgermain.com/en