You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Paris

kop77

1 minute ago, an tha said:

I wonder if it is to do with fact there are 3 gigs at ground in June....some sort of agreement with council/residents about number of 'events' at ground....

Maybe because the last time we played Madrid in the Final and Anfield was opened, we lost.

Not that we’re superstitious or that.

2 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Maybe because the last time we played Madrid in the Final and Anfield was opened, we lost.

Not that we’re superstitious or that.

I was at ground for that....was a good day and night except for result

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its the same arguments with every cup final,every season,since forever it seems.Supporters need to vote with their feet.

It's a fucking disgrace every final,I know lads that have been to every European game home and away,why should they be priced out of attending the final ?

44 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Where would be a decent place to take a 7 year old lad? I want to make it a bit of an event for him but obviously I can't just mooch around some bars in town. 

Why not get mum to take him out on an errand for a couple of hours and decorate the house and living room with flags, etc?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

Where would be a decent place to take a 7 year old lad? I want to make it a bit of an event for him but obviously I can't just mooch around some bars in town. 

I'd avoid town like the plague...everywhere will be chocker, to point it is stupid and frankly loads of whoppers everywhere as well.

If they screen it again at the arena it might not be so bad there - was ok there last time, but up in main part of town it was carnage.....go arena, get out of dodge straight after.

Depending on where you are my advice would be to stick reasonably local - if you are in a lpool suburb stay there - in Old Swan for example the Masons or Black Horse be bound to be showing it, will still be chocker i would imagine but not people crawling everywhere like town....town will be 100 times worse than a normal saturday.

1 hour ago, Arnaud said:

If anyone has trouble in Paris and needs some sort of help, let me know. I shall help you if only you can provide me with TLW fanzines I still miss …

I’m staying to the east of the city centre (Fontenay-Sous-Bois). Is it okay around there?

SOS dead on...

From SoS to Uefa:

Liverpool FC have reached the Champions League final. Again. In Paris, against Real Madrid. Again.

For our fans, it’s another European final jaunt, the climax of the season, the hope of winning again. For some fans anyway. For thousands there will be no trip to Paris because there will be a shortage of tickets. Again.

Stade de France, the venue for the final, holds 75,000. LFC and Madrid, each receive shy of 20,000. In total, loyal supporters will make up just over 52 percent of the capacity crowd.

A free-for-all public ballot accounts for 12,000 (16 percent), and the remainder of the allocation will be given to the UEFA ‘family’ and mostly corporate sponsors.

Unfortunately, for some of those lucky enough to get a ticket, the cost will be prohibitive.

There are four price categories, ranging from €70 to €690. The majority of tickets are in category 3 and cost €180 each. There are no concessions for over-65s or under-16s.

Previously child-adult packages have been available, but no more. Since 2018 when LFC last played RM in the final, UEFA’s ticket revenue has gone from €3.06m to €4.22m, which equates to a 38 percent increase in four years. Football, as a spectacle, is beamed across the globe, the faith, joy and despair of fans watching in the stadiums sold and packaged as theatre, as compelling as the drama on the pitch. UEFA depend on this, they know football without fans is nothing.

In standing up to the failed Super League, **UEFA President Aleksander Ceferin said: “I can’t understand how you can see your fans protesting and you don’t care. You are full of money anyway, you’re not poor, but you want more and more and more.” Well Mr Ceferin, Liverpool fans are protesting and you don’t seem to care. **UEFA are not poor, but you seem to want more. And more. Similarly, UEFA’s proposed changes to their club competitions in the future ignore the interests of the fans.

Football supporters are tired of being ripped off. Tired of watching their team reach a final, but unable to find a ticket to attend. And tired of exorbitant prices. It’s time UEFA recognised the power of fans and the importance of fans above sponsorships.

• Like 1

Aren't we all meant to be getting thrown through windows by everton fans if they go down? They might pick that day. Or on the other hand they will stay the fuck out of town and let the big boys play. 

I'm actually just gonna watch this at home. I've thought bout heading over to Paris but I think unless I had a ticket I'd rather just watch it with my dad.