You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villarreal (A) - UCL Semi Final 2nd leg, Tue 3rd May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

I think the fact we only beat them 2-0 at Anfield is actually a positive. It's tight enough that the players know they can't relax.

Hopefully as Villarreal have to score to stay in it they push forward a bit and we can see some vintage Mane and Salah at speed on the counter to put it to bed.

Cono ellas en el bastardo.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Yeah fair call, I just reckon he needs a rest every now and again.

I think Jurgen said that Tsimi was ill for the first leg and was then going to play at Newcastle but he decided changing 3 of the back 4 was too risky.

13 hours ago, aRdja said:

Alisson; Trent, Konate, Van Dijk, Tsimikas; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane

I'd go the same but swap Mane for Diaz. Tsimikas coming in is fine, Robbo could use a little break. Still a very strong side. We are fucking boss. 

Robbo's a real leader now. I'd play him every game at the moment given the importance of our fixtures, which is no slight on Tsimikas as he looks quality. I'm sure the medical team have an input into the likelihood of players sustaining injuries based on playing and training loads. 

• Upvote 1

I’m actually quite excited about this, I know the threads not very active but there’s a spring in my step when it comes to big European nights. Get these beat and book a final slot. We will have to be careful they will be well up for it and it’s important for us to score first to take the wind out of their sails. 

13 hours ago, gkmacca said:

We've not got a good mindset to take into this because we were so sloppy in similar situations in previous rounds. It didn't matter, people said, but these things do tend to be hard to shake off when you need iron hard discipline. We need a ruthless first twenty minutes or so - fast, precise, controlled aggression. Or not. Whatever works. Just get it done. Jurgen seemed slightly tetchy in the presser, which was a good sign. 

I am expecting/hoping this will be like the Roma semi final second leg.

Injuries permitting should be our best XI for this....massive game, and we can't be taking it too lightly or thinking it is easy because we have a lead.

We are coming through the worst of the madness of the schedule of games now and with adrenalin of such big games and what we could achieve tiredness really should not be an issue.

A place in the European Cup Final is up for grabs here - it does not get any bigger.

1 hour ago, Naz17 said:

Apparently it's chucking it down there...stormy season in Spain. Hopefully no injuries.

On TV now, it's lashing it down and has done for four hours, they've had to delay games to drain pitch before apparently, not good this.

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Entirely confident about this. Obviously go close to full-strength, but I wouldn’t be at all alarmed to see two or three regulars on the bench.

Who are you, and what have you done with the original TDM ?