You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villarreal (A) - UCL Semi Final 2nd leg, Tue 3rd May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When Fab gets that ball and glances across the line, he puts the keeper in two minds and makes sure he's not fully prepared for the shot. Everyone's saying (probably correctly) that the keeper is shit, but I reckon Fab stitched him up expertly there.

Yeah.

That keeper is shite, though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

When Fab gets that ball and glances across the line, he puts the keeper in two minds and makes sure he's not fully prepared for the shot. Everyone's saying (probably correctly) that the keeper is shit, but I reckon Fab stitched him up expertly there.

He said in the interview after he was going to pass it but changed his mind as he thought it would be offside, so had a pop

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

Was sitting rather self-satisfied and smug late in the game... and cast my mind back to the doom and gloom in the first few months of last year.

And this crazy thought emerged, that we might not be anywhere near Paris, if it weren't for a last minute goal scored against a relegated team.  

By our goalkeeper.

Funny old world.

Might not be there if Nat Phillips hadn't come in and played so well at the end of last season either. Good to see him win promotion with Bournemouth tonight and a nice touch by Klopp to congratulate him on it at the end of his press conference tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Capoue, Coquelin and Lo Celso in particular were massive twats. 

You can clearly see the influence playing in England for years has had.

I see what you did there, but I honestly reckon one of the key reasons behind them not making it in the PL is their attitude to the game. 

Red Bull Salzburg

Dynamo Kyiv

Dinamo Zagreb

Arsenal

Manchester United

Juventus

Bayern Munich 

Liverpool

The scalps in Villareal's European run just kept getting bigger. A brilliant effort that would have made them a nice stack of cash, plus a trophy to show for their efforts. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

Detrimental.  I do not think it means what you think it means.

Mrs O'T's performance reviews in work include an aim of being detrimental to the success of the team. She could correct them, but she likes it that way.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

20220504_091652.jpg

Made myself a chorizo and eggs breakfast to mark the occasion.

A sort of culinary half-half scarf, if you will.

And at the other end of the day, my favourite red quaffer...

PS. Eggs fry up beautifully in chorizo fat.

20220504_165816.jpg

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, s(k)aturation said:

And at the other end of the day, my favourite red quaffer...

PS. Eggs fry up beautifully in chorizo fat.

20220504_165816.jpg

Just a heads up the orange label campo on offer in sàinburys this week firstly down from 10 to 8 quid then 25% off if you buy 6 . Therefore 6 quid a bottle. Good buy at that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Just a heads up the orange label campo on offer in sàinburys this week firstly down from 10 to 8 quid then 25% off if you buy 6 . Therefore 6 quid a bottle. Good buy at that. 

I'm in Australia.

But my Irish father-in-law has just visited and filled me in comprehensively on the various "offers" he gets on the campo range in Dublin.

He bought a few orange labels while he was here... we had them with rib eye.

Villarreal fans were great after the game. But there was a decent scrap amongst themselves during the second half. Thought it might have involved a red in the home end but deffo involved yellow on yellow. 

Then the delicately nuanced Spanish bizzies got involved….

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, J-V said:

Richards the absolute piece of scum. Fake laughing cunt. Shame Carragher didn't elbow drop the tit.

Carra for Sky, from what I've seen on youtube and read about on here, is a completely different Carra from the CBS one. I'm fairly certain he feels pressured to be neutral with the English audience, whereas with the American one he doesn't give a fuck about it.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

This is classy.

The scene at the end of the game with both sets of players and fans being applauded by each other is what football is about. A great example of why playing English sides in Europe is shit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The fullbacks and midfield three were dreadful in the first half which subsequently had a knock on effect to the front three.

At half time I was still confident in getting through but I wanted Naby, Jota and Robbo off but I'm glad Kloop isn't as overreactive. 

Honestly though, whilst acknowledging we were appalling in the first half anyone would think we were losing the tie overall, BT couldn’t contain their glee at such an upset, the twats.