You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Villarreal (A) - UCL Semi Final 2nd leg, Tue 3rd May 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Shit half all round. Our forwards got absolutely dominated by their defence, midfield out numbers by their 4 narrow midfielders, and our full backs were horrendous especially for the last goal, even Virgil looked skittish.

All they are doing is running about alot and we are panicking to fuck. So many players not turned up, it's difficult to know where to start. Both full backs have been nullified and are being rushed into knocking it long, and that's before we get onto their defending. Midfield has been all over the place. Jota may as well not be out there. The only player to come out of that with any credit is Konate. The only consolation is that they can't play any worse. Need a proper rocket at half time because that was utter shit.

• Upvote 1

We've been dreadful but we've been "Liverpool'd" in terms of intensity both on and off the pitch. 

Thiago & Naby have been really poor but the overall level of passing has been so frustrating to watch. 

Hopefully Klopp can sort them out as something needs to change because of it carries on like that, we'll be out

We’ve got the best manager in the World. Lets not get too despondent. A couple of good chances, and a goal, and we’ll gain composure & confidence. I’m not really sure how much the conditions have to do with it, in terms of our ball play. I’m amazed there hasn’t been a yellow or two, at least, for Villa.

• Upvote 1

How dare these Spanish upstarts play this well in a semi final of the Champions League on their home ground. How dare they play us at out own game and press the living daylights out of us.

I for one thought they would show us the respect we deserve and allow us just to stroll through to the final where we will inevitably win thirtyseventy nil.

What are we doing? Worst 45 minutes of the season by some distance. No one's been good but Keita's been absolutely horrific. Any time I start to think he's looking like he might be coming good he seems to turn in a performance like this. Swap him for Henderson. Didn't think there was any chance we'd go out tonight but don't fancy our chances at all at the moment. I spent the whole first half thinking this team is too good not to sort themselves out at some point and start playing their game, but they never did at any point in that first half. No composure whatsoever at any point. Like watching a team who have never played a big game in their lives rather than a seasoned team of winners.

1 minute ago, Qwikage said:

How dare these Spanish upstarts play this well in a semi final of the Champions League on their home ground. How dare they play us at out own game and press the living daylights out of us.

I for one thought they would show us the respect we deserve and allow us just to stroll through to the final where we will inevitably win thirtyseventy nil.

Superfan alert ⚠️ 

I said in earlier rounds when we happily coasted through second legs - it starts bad habits that are hard to break. Loads of smart arses insisted it was fine. Well there's the proof. 

It was ideal for them - mad fans, lousy conditions, ripe for chaos if you started badly, and a target to chase. It helped that their captain apparently has a free pass to flatten our players whenever he fancies, but we've got to master the conditions, play to feet, make space and calm the heck down.

• Upvote 3