You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Klopp extends contract until 2026 – Instant Reaction

tlw content

Of all the great days this season has served up, this is the best yet! Jurgen Klopp has extended his Liverpool contract until 2026.

Chris Smith is joined by the delighted trio of TLW Editor Dave Usher, Ian Brown and Paul Natton with their instant reaction to Thursday's announcement.

The lads weigh in on Liverpool's ceiling with Klopp around for four more years (at least?) Can the reds get even better and build another all-time great team? What makes the man himself so special? And does this news give us an added boost for the critical last stage of this remarkable season?

View full article

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• dave u pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Razoray said:

Lying in bed last night chuckling away, trying not to wake the wife, at Chris saying "I knew that was coming" when Dave started about Guardiola and out came "the big weirdo"

I’m normally chucking in bed trying not to wake the husband!!

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, dave u said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Razoray and Suzy were actually married to eachother but didn't realise it.

It would but Suzy knows her onions and my wife differentiates football from other sports by the length of time they take. She hates football most as that takes 45 minutes per half. 

• Upvote 3

Glad risible was brought up. Integral is another word that can't be right. Just prior to Usher mentioning risible it was mentioned Paul was a teacher so I having serious doubts. Something to work on for next season.

• Upvote 2

A few things:

- I spent far too long trying to work out the “Frankie Dettori across the park” comment. What have horses to do with Everton? I eventually realised it was “Frank the Tory”. 

- We need to change the “Greatest midfield in the World” to a coaches song about Klopp, Ljinders and Krawietz

- this totally takes the pressure off this season for me. This doesn’t feel like the last chance for an incredible season, but the first of many. 

- like Paul, I also literally greeted this news like a goal in an European cup final. 

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

- this totally takes the pressure off this season for me. This doesn’t feel like the last chance for an incredible season, but the first of many. 

- like Paul, I also literally greeted this news like a goal in an European cup final. 

Agree with you and I think most of us will feel the same way.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dave u said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Razoray and Suzy were actually married to eachother but didn't realise it.

5 hours ago, Razoray said:

It would but Suzy knows her onions and my wife differentiates football from other sports by the length of time they take. She hates football most as that takes 45 minutes per half. 

Haha! MrSuzy doesn’t ‘do’ forums!

• Upvote 1

I thought the three lads were absolutely great on this one. I don't think you'll see better analysis from a fan's perspective. I thought they were entertaining, profound at times, offered great perspective in historical context, conveyed the feelings of overwhelming happiness and relief really well (without being over the top about it, as some might/have) and spoke brilliantly about what this means for the future. It was a pleasure to just sit back and listen to them in real time. 

If you enjoy what we do on the podcast and you haven't had chance to share it with some of your fellow reds (or leave us a review on the platform you use), this is one I'd definitely love to reach the widest audience, because the lads absolutely nailed this. 

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

A few things:

- I spent far too long trying to work out the “Frankie Dettori across the park” comment. What have horses to do with Everton? I eventually realised it was “Frank the Tory”. 

- We need to change the “Greatest midfield in the World” to a coaches song about Klopp, Ljinders and Krawietz

Yep, same here as I tried to articulate. If we don’t do it this year, so what, we’ll be back next year. And the year after etc.

What a time to be a Red!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, No2 said:

Glad risible was brought up. Integral is another word that can't be right. Just prior to Usher mentioning risible it was mentioned Paul was a teacher so I having serious doubts. Something to work on for next season.

It's defo in-teg-ral for me and I hate it when people say inter-grel. I bet Paul pronounces it like that.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Good luck fitting those names in.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

LINE-ders. 

Going to make a conscious effort to pronounce it that way from now on as it must be right if that's how Kloppo says it. Then again, he always calls Nat Phillips 'Nate' when no-one else does. I reckon that's short for Nate the Great which is the full title Kloppo probably gives him.

8 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Another quality listen, Dave's Klopp of the podcast analogy was great (as was Brownie's one for his lad's team).

Poor old Dan didn't get a mention, is he Achterberg then?!

Couldn't think of anything on the fly for Dan so I reluctantly left him out. Had I had time to think it through I'd have said Dan brings the long standing grudges against referees. I couldn't even tell you who reffed us at the weekend but Dan will know who was in charge when we played Southampton away in 2015 and he'll know how many times he incorrectly gave a throw in against us.

42 minutes ago, dave u said:

Couldn't think of anything on the fly for Dan so I reluctantly left him out. Had I had time to think it through I'd have said Dan brings the long standing grudges against referees. I couldn't even tell you who reffed us at the weekend but Dan will know who was in charge when we played Southampton away in 2015 and he'll know how many times he incorrectly gave a throw in against us.

Grudge statto! 

Really enjoyed that - thank you - I had a stupid grin on my face all the way through. Great points about lack of ego and leadership. Leadership is about lighting fires inside people, not under them. Contrast this with the way Mourinho and latterly,  Lampard have very publicly thrown players under the bus; in order to deflect from their own inadequacies and to protect their ego.

• dave u unpinned this topic