You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sat 30th Apr 2022 (12:30pm)

Trumo

It’s sad that I can’t buy into the quadruple simply because one of the competitions is out of our hands and seems unlikely to happen. It’s sadder still that this situation has been brought about partly due to atrocious decisions by referees, again something out of our hands.

You can reference the dropping of points in games such as Leicester and Brighton as being a big reason for our current position and you’d be right but there is absolutely no doubt that if officials had done their jobs properly we would have done enough, even with those dropped points, to have every competition left still in our hands.

Referees/VAR operators have had a direct impact, through their incompetence, on us probably not achieving something that has never been done before. For me that’s both devastating and reprehensible.

If this sounds entitled or unappreciative then I’m sorry but it is what it is. Regardless of us fans this team deserves the chance of completing an incredible season on the back of a level playing field; they haven’t been given one.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

It’s sad that I can’t buy into the quadruple simply because one of the competitions is out of our hands and seems unlikely to happen. It’s sadder still that this situation has been brought about partly due to atrocious decisions by referees, again something out of our hands.

You can reference the dropping of points in games such as Leicester and Brighton as being a big reason for our current position and you’d be right but there is absolutely no doubt that if officials had done their jobs properly we would have done enough, even with those dropped points, to have every competition left still in our hands.

Referees/VAR operators have had a direct impact, through their incompetence, on us probably not achieving something that has never been done before. For me that’s both devastating and reprehensible.

If this sounds entitled or unappreciative then I’m sorry but it is what it is. Regardless of us fans this team deserves the chance of completing an incredible season on the back of a level playing field; they haven’t been given one.

The flouting and non-enforcement of FFP is a bigger and broader reason than bad refereeing for us not being top of the table and having an extra title or two. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

The flouting and non-enforcement of FFP is a bigger and broader reason than bad refereeing for us not being top of the table and having an extra title or two. 

I know that but we started the season with that as the status quo but believing the odds were stacked the same past that. They weren’t though and a couple of people have had a massive impact that they should not have.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hills Chin said:

I know that but we started the season with that as the status quo but believing the off were stacked the same past that. They weren’t though and a couple of people have had a massive impact that they should not have.

I don’t go in for conspiracy theories, but the unpunished City handball at Everton was particularly outrageous. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

I don’t go in for conspiracy theories, but the unpunished City handball at Everton was particularly outrageous. 

I know, not necessarily saying conspiracy but I think there is bias in officials, it’s very hard to argue against when you look at some of the decisions.

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Spurs got away with one yesterday as well, so plenty of room for them just being shit.

14 minutes ago, chrisbrand said:

Someone I know who is Geordie has spent the last four years or so posting anti-Muslim shite on Facebook. Surprisingly delighted by the takeover however. 

Well they are killing countless amount of Muslims in Yemen so maybe that's why he is so happy.