You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (H) - Sun 24th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

Everton came to spoil, and the usual suspects were busy with their usual antics. Gordon hit the deck any time anyone went near him. In the first 30 minutes there must have been 6-7 moments like that, and he finally got booked for one blatant dive in the box. Richarlison went through his repertoire of looking like a moody teenager told to get off the X-Box and come down for dinner, and grabbing his slapped arse of a face feigning injury. He even managed to get his own man Doucoure booked as the ref wasn't buying any of it. Holgate did his usual shit-stirring faux hard man routine in the ensuing melee before crying to teacher. Coleman was being a gobshite over every little non-incident. Pickford was deliberately wasting time again and again (loved it when Ali took the piss by copying Picky's time-wasting in stoppage time!). And Allan was leaving little kicks in at every 50/50 and cryarsing to the ref over non-fouls.

And yet where did it get them? They are deservedly in the bottom 3 for their shithousery alone.

Our problem in the first half was tempo. We were too slow and ponderous in possession. Sure Everton sat with a low block with the sole aim of breaking up play, but we were not breaking the lines because we kept allowing them to set themselves. Mo was double-marked and neither Diogo nor Sadio could find a yard of space. The tempo picked up in the second half, before we made changes, but we looked like we went up another gear following those substitutions. Those changes proved to be decisive. Div and Lucho were heavily involved from the get-go. Lucho coming inside meant that Coleman had to cover him as well as back up the centre backs, and that left Robbo with time to pick out a header at the far post. Then Div did what Div does against the blooshite.

It wasn't pretty but we got the job done. We next play in the league before City so it's a chance to take top spot again and make them work to get it back. Of course that depends on what we do first, but it also depends on whether their next league opponents both have a go and get some luck.

We march on.

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Shreeves: What i it with you and Everton?

Divvy: It's beautiful payback, Geoff. They fucked up my leg with a shithouse tackle, and my career, for two years and I'm enjoying every second, every touch, and especially every goal I get against these shit fucks*

*May have said something else to Shreeves

I definitely heard that.

Kevin Campbell thinks Gordon's dive from Matip was a shove in the back and a stonewall penalty. Carragher joining in now. Like fuck it was. Gordon initiated contact then flung himself to the floor. Matip's hands were nowhere near him. This is the same Campbell who wanted Mane sent off for 'eye gouging' Holgate.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Shreeves: What i it with you and Everton?

Divvy: It's beautiful payback, Geoff. They fucked up my leg with a shithouse tackle, and my career, for two years and I'm enjoying every second, every touch, and especially every goal I get against these shit fucks*

*May have said something else to Shreeves

I think I imagined the exact same thing 

1 minute ago, Rushies tash said:

Kevin Campbell thinks Gordon's dive from Matip was a shove in the back and a stonewall penalty. Carragher joining in now. Like fuck it was. Gordon initiated contact then flung himself to the floor. Matip's hands were nowhere near him. This is the same Campbell who wanted Mane sent off for 'eye gouging' Holgate.

It was very borderline and silly by Matip. Had it been given no way VAR would have overuled the ref. 

• Upvote 1

Kevin Campbell in the studio, showing exactly why they’re known as “the bitters.”

Another derby defeat. Another hard luck story and a refereeing conspiracy against them. 

But, remember, it’s us who are “always the victims.”

Now to wait for the inevitable false claims of a Liverpool fan stabbing an Evertonian after the game….

• Upvote 1