You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Liverpool 4 Manchester United 0 - Match Reaction

tlw content

For the second time this season the Reds completely wiped the floor with Manchester United as Mo Salah filled his boots. 9-0 to Klopp's men over both games and five goals for Salah.  These are special times we're living in, not least because we get to watch Thiago every week.

Chris Smith, Paul Natton and TLW Editor Dave Usher reflect on another sensational Liverpool performance and another special Anfield night under the lights. Thiago's brilliance, the front three clicking, Trent pocketing Rashford and Sancho, turbo charged Robbo, all of this is covered while the lads also set time aside to enjoy just how utterly meek and hopeless the once mighty Manchester United now are. 

View full article

• Upvote 6

Cracking pod lads. Enjoyed the voice message add ons at the end too. Properly belly laughed at the “weight of the world” bit.

listening to @dave u say that might be our best ever goal, I’m with you. 

my favourite ever goal (as I think it is for many) was Aldridge sliding in to finish against arsenal when McMahon keeps the ball in on the touch line, and then we pass it round them at the speed of light.

This felt like that, only with an insane pass from Sadio added into the mix.

being against the Mancs only makes it all the sweeter.

I watched this last night online after it had finished so rewound that move about 5 or 6 times to watch it again and again, and I counted 31 passes in the build up.

• Upvote 1

• Chris pinned this topic

Where do people stand on the debate we had at the end?

Play Thiago on Sunday regardless of the sense Everton might try to snap him? Or leave him out and keep him safely wrapped up for bigger games that aren't against the Everton dogs, who'd love nothing more than to snap him?

Dave seems to think of this as some kind of surrender to their tactics, Paul and I just reckon it's prudence.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Chris said:

Play Thiago on Sunday regardless of the sense Everton might try to snap him? Or leave him out and keep him safely wrapped up for bigger games that aren't against the Everton dogs, who'd love nothing more than to snap him?

Dave seems to think of this as some kind of surrender to their tactics, Paul and I just reckon it's prudence.

I'm torn to be honest as I can see both sides of the argument.  I think I'd play him tbh. Get them buried early then take him off early if needs be. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Chris said:

Agreed. And to be clear, it’s not simply because he’s such a key player; I’m saying it because Thiago is so clearly injury prone. I wouldn’t leave Virgil out for the same reason, for example. 

Tough one but I think I'd play him. I know they've got some vile players but I doubt they'll just set out to hurt him until the game's gone because they're desperate for a result  and they won't want to go down to ten men and pick up a three game suspension. I'd be looking to sub him as soon as sensible though. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Chris said:

It’s prudence. Resting Virg would be cowardly, resting Thiago makes sense.

If go stronger than was being suggested at stages by Paul, though.

bring in Jota, Konate and Jones fair enough, but talk of Ox and Milner starting is a step too far for me.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s prudence. Resting Virg would be cowardly, resting Thiago makes sense.

If go stronger than was being suggested at stages by Paul, though.

bring in Jota, Konate and Jones fair enough, but talk of Ox and Milner starting is a step too far for me.

I’m not 100% on what we should do other than rotate in some way. To be honest, Klopp gets this so right I’m pretty relaxed about it. Whoever plays will be too much for those pricks. 

• Upvote 1

He ripped his shorts when he did the splits stretching for a ball.

Klopp thought he was injured and subbed him. Thiago tells him what happened and then you see Klopp say "so you're ok then?" and then pulls Thiago in for another hug when he realises he's fine.

• Upvote 3

I feel like Salah's first touch from Mane's incredible pass isn't getting the love it deserves on the pod and generally.  The ball was spinning like a ballerina on crack yet he knocked it out of his feet while also allowing for the spin to bring it back to him for the strike.  Incredible skill.  Mane's pass and Salah's first touch deserve their own mural.  

• Upvote 2

On 20/04/2022 at 20:34, alles ist gut said:

Top, top fucking Lincoln City analysis there, Smithy. Also excellent use of the word ‘risible’.

I didn't like Paul's use of that word as I've always thought it was pronounced "Rize-ible" and Paul was saying "Riss-ible".

Either's he's wrong, which I don't like, or even worse he's right and I've been saying it wrong all these years. Mind you, I'm not sure I've ever actually said the word out loud, I usually only ever type it.

20 hours ago, grazywalker said:

Missed a few podcasts.

There have been massive improvements on sound since the last one I listened to.

Really good podcast now :)

Well done all.

Yeah Brownie found the solution to that problem so we're all good now.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

I didn't like Paul's use of that word as I've always thought it was pronounced "Rize-ible" and Paul was saying "Riss-ible".

Either's he's wrong, which I don't like, or even worse he's right and I've been saying it wrong all these years. Mind you, I'm not sure I've ever actually said the word out loud, I usually only ever type it.

It's definitely rise-ible in my mind. But I think we have to go with what @Total Longo says on this one. He's the king of the word.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic