You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PODCAST: Man City 2 Liverpool 3 - Match Reaction

tlw content

40 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Been meaning to ask - who did the intro for these? "Toshack, Keegan, one nil" etc. Makes the hair on my neck stand up every time. Great stuff.

One of my favourite pieces of LFC commentary that. Iconic.

Just listened to the pod there. Very good as usual.  I liked the part about the free kick that Sterling ended up taking.  I had my lads on a playdate and the dad of the other kids is a French lad who supports Lyon and he was surprised I wasn’t watching it, so he threw on BBC on his tv. When the free kick was being lined up I was very nervous given how good Mahrez is at them.  So when he ran over it and Sterling stood there for an age before running up to take it, I’d already breathed a sigh of relief and was back paying attention to the kids. It was a remarkable decision to leave it to him. There was literally no chance Sterling would score that. If they’d just left the ball completely by itself and hoped the sheer will of the fans would somehow propel the ball towards the goal, that would have been a better chance of a goal than letting Sterling take it. Mad decision. 

47 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Just listened to the pod there. Very good as usual.  I liked the part about the free kick that Sterling ended up taking.  I had my lads on a playdate and the dad of the other kids is a French lad who supports Lyon and he was surprised I wasn’t watching it, so he threw on BBC on his tv. When the free kick was being lined up I was very nervous given how good Mahrez is at them.  So when he ran over it and Sterling stood there for an age before running up to take it, I’d already breathed a sigh of relief and was back paying attention to the kids. It was a remarkable decision to leave it to him. There was literally no chance Sterling would score that. If they’d just left the ball completely by itself and hoped the sheer will of the fans would somehow propel the ball towards the goal, that would have been a better chance of a goal than letting Sterling take it. Mad decision. 

My lads and I burst out laughing when we understood they had left it to Sterling. Shocking! There's literally not a single worse striker of the ball in the entire league than him. 

9 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

The only thing with that is they didn’t post it to any of their social media accounts. They literally just issued a statement to some press agencies in the old school way. What Pep said was good though. 

I didn't know that. Two ways of looking at that.

One, they didn't want to slam their own fans via their socials and were hoping that loads of them wouldn't even see the statement.

Two, they knew if they put it on social media the replies it would get would make their fans look even worse.

36 minutes ago, dave u said:

I didn't know that. Two ways of looking at that.

One, they didn't want to slam their own fans via their socials and were hoping that loads of them wouldn't even see the statement.

Two, they knew if they put it on social media the replies it would get would make their fans look even worse.

I’m going with option one as they’re horrible cheating pack of cunts. 

• Upvote 1

Great podcast again!

Scott Carson is city's number 3 keeper. Bravo left a while ago. Sadio's goal was against Brighton when we were 2-0 up and all the Brighton players blamed the keeper.

Not certain Naby has turned his Liverpool career around,in fact Im certain on it.

Have to say, both city's goals were avoidable in my view. Robbo passed the ball straight to Fernandiho for the first and the 2nd, that stage of the game why are both our fullbacks still trying to bomb forward when against a team like city at that time, the priority was to close out the game.

I think Brownie says Robbo misjudged it(?) but to me, it's another example of him being composed in those situations, diving in and missing the ball.

The first one he's playing a pass inside and it's exactly where he was trying to put it but Fernandinho came and intercepted it. Robbo's view of him might have obscured by another player.

The second one, the pass is intended for Sterling but it's overhit. Robbo is tracking that run and then has to veer off after the ball. He's running at full speed and Mahrez just does him. I'm not really sure Robbo can do much differently there other than just let Mahrez collect the ball and then try to get goalside and deal with it. In a split second though its easy to understand why he just tried to go and win the ball.

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic

I think it's the lack of composure thing that makes people nervous.  Quite often you see him stranded up the pitch when a pass goes wrong, or he overcommits in trying to win the ball back and just gets done.  They don't often result in a goal at our end but sometimes, like at the weekend, they do.  For me, it's that, plus the lack of composure when crossing the ball, and his onefootedness that prevent him from being regarded as a world class fullback.  He's got commitment, big game experience, and he's got pace.  If it wasn't for Tsimikas, I'd be happy him playing every game for us.