Trumo

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Following the recent news about Ronaldo it would be nice to give him and his family a minute's silence following the Hillsborough tribute. It's absolutely horrible news. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bot said:

Following the recent news about Ronaldo it would be nice to give him and his family a minute's silence following the Hillsborough tribute. It's absolutely horrible news. 

My word, that is tragic news. A short life cut tragically short. RIP little one.

Absolutely awful stuff that - all decent human beings put football rivalry where it belongs and that is way, way way below such awful news and sympathise with what has happened to him and his family here.

Nobody should ever go through this.

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Awful news about Ronaldo with the loss of his new-born. I assume he's out of the game tomorrow. 

Just terrible news theres no way i see him playing somethings are just bigger than football

1 hour ago, Bot said:

Yes. It would be nice if some gesture was made. It might even reduce a degree of toxicity from this fixture.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. It would be nice if some gesture was made. It might even reduce a degree of toxicity from this fixture.

You would have to hope and pray though that if any such gesture was decided ,then we would have to show our class as a fan base and club,unlike those man City pricks who disrespected the Hillsborough minutes silence

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, halewood pete said:

You would have to hope and pray though that if any such gesture was decided ,then we would have to show our class as a fan base and club,unlike those man City pricks who disrespected the Hillsborough minutes silence

I'm not sure it would work - we have our fair share of thick scalls and fucking cunts, but that shouldn't stop us trying.

• Upvote 1

Sadly I don't think a minutes silence will be respected since there's always the odd idiot that will ruin it in a match like this. Our players should wear black armbands as a mark of respect though.

I can’t recall a time when our fans have ever disrespected a minute’s silence at Anfield. I think we will this time.

I don't really understand why people seem to spend the days leading up to games worrying about whether minutes silences are going to be respected. The World is absolutely choc full of bellends so it's always going to happen.

What we need to do is stop having them before every game, 40 years ago you would have one maybe at a club if someone hugely important to that club had died very recently. We should go back to that & put the whole fucking circus to bed (obviously I would make an exception for something like Hillsborough, which should have one every year at Anfield). It's a game of Football, not a funeral.

• Upvote 1

I've been pondering what we should do tactically for this one, after several hours of consideration I've come to the conclusion that we should go for the approach of cunting them in the bastard. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I've been pondering what we should do tactically for this one, after several hours of consideration I've come to the conclusion that we should go for the approach of cunting them in the bastard. 

m71T0Fz.gif

• Upvote 1

Perhaps just the black arm bands and have the players be sure to get over to him either before or after the match? Subtle, respectful and safe. 

18 minutes ago, A_S said:

Perhaps just the black arm bands and have the players be sure to get over to him either before or after the match? Subtle, respectful and safe. 

He'll hardly play tonight though?

13 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

He'll hardly play tonight though?

Then just the armbands and have Klopp/Hendo pay their respects on behalf of the club in their media commitments. 

• Upvote 1