Jump to content
Trumo

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Recommended Posts

Following the recent news about Ronaldo it would be nice to give him and his family a minute's silence following the Hillsborough tribute. It's absolutely horrible news. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bot said:

Following the recent news about Ronaldo it would be nice to give him and his family a minute's silence following the Hillsborough tribute. It's absolutely horrible news. 

My word, that is tragic news. A short life cut tragically short. RIP little one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely awful stuff that - all decent human beings put football rivalry where it belongs and that is way, way way below such awful news and sympathise with what has happened to him and his family here.

Nobody should ever go through this.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Baltar said:

Awful news about Ronaldo with the loss of his new-born. I assume he's out of the game tomorrow. 

Just terrible news theres no way i see him playing somethings are just bigger than football

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bot said:

Following the recent news about Ronaldo it would be nice to give him and his family a minute's silence following the Hillsborough tribute. It's absolutely horrible news. 

Yes. It would be nice if some gesture was made. It might even reduce a degree of toxicity from this fixture.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes. It would be nice if some gesture was made. It might even reduce a degree of toxicity from this fixture.

You would have to hope and pray though that if any such gesture was decided ,then we would have to show our class as a fan base and club,unlike those man City pricks who disrespected the Hillsborough minutes silence

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halewood pete said:

You would have to hope and pray though that if any such gesture was decided ,then we would have to show our class as a fan base and club,unlike those man City pricks who disrespected the Hillsborough minutes silence

I'm not sure it would work - we have our fair share of thick scalls and fucking cunts, but that shouldn't stop us trying.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly I don't think a minutes silence will be respected since there's always the odd idiot that will ruin it in a match like this. Our players should wear black armbands as a mark of respect though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can’t recall a time when our fans have ever disrespected a minute’s silence at Anfield. I think we will this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't really understand why people seem to spend the days leading up to games worrying about whether minutes silences are going to be respected. The World is absolutely choc full of bellends so it's always going to happen.

 

What we need to do is stop having them before every game, 40 years ago you would have one maybe at a club if someone hugely important to that club had died very recently. We should go back to that & put the whole fucking circus to bed (obviously I would make an exception for something like Hillsborough, which should have one every year at Anfield). It's a game of Football, not a funeral.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been pondering what we should do tactically for this one, after several hours of consideration I've come to the conclusion that we should go for the approach of cunting them in the bastard. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Chairman Meow said:

I've been pondering what we should do tactically for this one, after several hours of consideration I've come to the conclusion that we should go for the approach of cunting them in the bastard. 

 

m71T0Fz.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps just the black arm bands and have the players be sure to get over to him either before or after the match? Subtle, respectful and safe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, A_S said:

Perhaps just the black arm bands and have the players be sure to get over to him either before or after the match? Subtle, respectful and safe. 

He'll hardly play tonight though?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

He'll hardly play tonight though?

Then just the armbands and have Klopp/Hendo pay their respects on behalf of the club in their media commitments. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×