You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Just now, Section_31 said:

Keane talks about the mancs the way I talk about this generation of lads.

"They're queueing up to get in the clubs, they've got no formal trousers on, no trousers to be seen, not a shirt in sight either, not even a Ben Sherman. How much is a Ben Sherman for pity's sake? Where's the pride? Where's the discipline?

"They cry a lot these young lads. About the environment and stuff. Okay we talked about the ozone layer in our quieter moments, but it sorted itself out eventually, you certainly didn't cry about it.

"They're friends with girls a lot of these lads too, I'm not sure I agree with that. There needs to be a healthy distance between young lads and girls unless they're courting, to maintain the mystery."

"They don't drink much these lads today neither. When we were going out, we'd drink anything. Carling, blue VK in the club there if you couldn't afford a WKD, just to mix things up. But either way the commitment was there. With these lads it's green tea and coffee. I tell you now, it's no wonder they're all depressed."

729199992_Screenshot_20220419-205341_SamsungInternet.jpg.efe896d87d791fec2664e67c4131bcef.jpg

When did his left leg fall off?

• Upvote 1

Just now, gkmacca said:

Are they EVER going to show the interview with the winning manager? Fucking hell!

The American stream I was watching stayed on the pitch for ages after just following Klopp around. Was brilliant. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

"They're queueing up to get in the clubs, they've got no formal trousers on, no trousers to be seen, not a shirt in sight either, not even a Ben Sherman. How much is a Ben Sherman for pity's sake? Where's the pride? Where's the discipline?

"They cry a lot these young lads. About the environment and stuff. Okay we talked about the ozone layer in our quieter moments, but it sorted itself out eventually, you certainly didn't cry about it.

"They're friends with girls a lot of these lads too, I'm not sure I agree with that. There needs to be a healthy distance between young lads and girls unless they're courting, to maintain the mystery."

"They don't drink much these lads today neither. When we were going out, we'd drink anything. Carling, blue VK in the club there if you couldn't afford a WKD, just to mix things up. But either way the commitment was there. With these lads it's green tea and coffee. I tell you now, it's no wonder they're all depressed."

729199992_Screenshot_20220419-205341_SamsungInternet.jpg.efe896d87d791fec2664e67c4131bcef.jpg

Haha brilliant.

49 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Has Mo been on the Sunny Delight? The guy can't stop talking!

So pleased for him. He’s not back to his best, but to see him that happy is just brilliant. He loves this club and wants to stay. It’ll get done.

9-0 over 2 games against them and that was with periods in both games of completely easing up against them, Jesus, imagine if we'd really wanted to go all out to embarrass them. As others have said, whilst they were at their peak, we always had some hope that even our very worst teams would dig in and pull off some sort of result against them. As well as us just being brilliant at the moment, I'd seen absolutely nothing from United all season that left me feeling there was any danger of them doing the same. They're absolutely appalling and it's reached the point where they've fallen so far that it needs someone of Klopp's stature to go in and completely rebuild all aspects of the club. I'm not sure anyone other than Klopp actually exists who can do that job. Let's hope not, or at least that Ten Haag isn't that man.

But enough about United. Apart from a 15 minute spell we were brilliant again. Thiago seems to be in some sort of permanent computer game power up mode at the moment where every single thing he does comes off, no matter how ridiculous. Mo rediscovered his mojo and got back amongst the goals. Mane was excellent again. Every other player varied between really good and brilliant. Thiago seemed to just about stop himself from saying it in the post-match interview, instead quickly reverting to the old one game at a time cliche, but you could tell that he believed the club can pull off something truly unique this season. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Hahahahahahaha outstanding 

It genuinely doesn't matter who the mancs bring in as boss, because the fans are the problem.

He won't get time to put his ideas in place and will be forced to revert to flavour of the month players they don't even need, lest they fell foul of flying banners, Newton Heath scarves and glazer out protests. All in pursuit of this mythical, United way of swashbuckling football.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It genuinely doesn't matter who the mancs bring in as boss, because the fans are the problem.

He won't get time to put his ideas in place and will be forced to revert to flavour of the month players they don't even need, lest they fell foul of flying banners, Newton Heath scarves and glazer out protests. All in pursuit of this mythical, United way of swashbuckling football.

The Bruce and Pallister corner-scoring, being more pragmatic than Keenan’s Newcastle swashbuckling United sides of the past

1 minute ago, rubble-rouser said:

The Bruce and Pallister corner-scoring, being more pragmatic than Keenan’s Newcastle swashbuckling United sides of the past

The mancs were boring as fuck before they bought Dwight Yorke. With Cantona and Hughes up front they had a rep for grinding out results. It's pure fallacy that they're some kind of English Barcelona.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

There are elements of us from the 90s in there but I think it's generally worse. 

They are woeful on every level ownership ,decision making   (they give soljaskaar £400m to spend on that team,scouting,recruitment..they are an absolute mess.

They are also locked into the past where they are still living in the Ferguson era with the likes of neville simply reinforcing it on sky. 

The entire club needs revamping and no manager in the world could do that overnight(famous last words)

Fuck em the scruffy inbred cunts

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Now sky focusing on sky signing Haaland. Cunts.

We need to win the league this year because it'll be a long 5 years if they sign that man.

They should be more worried about us IMO, Diaz is some next level shit to add to what we already have. A couple of midfield upgrades and we're golden.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Now sky focusing on sky signing Haaland. Cunts.

We need to win the league this year because it'll be a long 5 years if they sign that man.

Fuck that. I want Sawyers tits not that fucking goomba 

super-mario-bros-movie-toad.gif

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Haha brilliant stuff