You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

First half of total dominance. 20 minutes of sloppiness in the second half followed by 25 where we re-found our tempo. It was 4 and it really could have been more. It's clear that we are trying to conserve some energy during matches, but it's still quite jarring the difference between us going at full pelt and then easing up.

Yes. We really need to get the right mind set in those situations. Pass the ball around, but keep being positive and alert. You can see the defence almost hypnotise themselves passing the ball around aimlessly, they have no idea what they''re doing or where they're going and then they lose it. That ends up making them use up more energy trying to get hold of the game again. We desperately need to conserve energy during the run-in, but it has to be done in a disciplined way.

12 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Should I watch or should I play footie?

I chose not to watch the away match earlier in the year and went out to Whitby instead, and that went ok.

I’ve got a good record of getting in the car after footy to hear we’re comfortably up (normally against someone from Portugal), and the one occasion I can remember that not being the case (vs PSG) Bobby scored the last minute winner as I turned the corner into my street.

We’ve got former England (4 caps) and Tottenham defender Michael Dawson joining us for a game tonight as part of our efforts to fundraise (see my thread on charity football match).

still, I’m not sure if I should play or watch.

Decided to play footie in the end, so keen to find a full match replay online.., anyone know a reliable link?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, magicrat said:

To be fair I thought Keita's was bang out of order and a nailed on red. The frizzy headed kid should have had a yellow. 

Neville's attempt to turn Sideshow Bob into a cult hero for trying to kick everyone was ridiculous during the game and is ridiculous now. If that was a Liverpool kid he'd be screaming it was out of order.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

Neville's attempt to turn Sideshow Bob into a cult hero for trying to kick everyone was ridiculous during the game and is ridiculous now. If that was a Liverpool kid he'd be screaming it was out of order.

Neville has lost the plot , Quite entertaining to be fair 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, coachpotato said:

Bit stupid of Keita that challenge, it wasn’t a tackle as he couldn’t get the ball, but arguably he could’ve avoided treading on the player I think.

Still, he got away with it so, hey ho.

Exactly. Neville probably gave that Tunisian lad man of the match for throwing some fouls in. 

Keane talks about the mancs the way I talk about this generation of lads.

"They're queueing up to get in the clubs, they've got no formal trousers on, no trousers to be seen, not a shirt in sight either, not even a Ben Sherman. How much is a Ben Sherman for pity's sake? Where's the pride? Where's the discipline?

"They cry a lot these young lads. About the environment and stuff. Okay we talked about the ozone layer in our quieter moments, but it sorted itself out eventually, you certainly didn't cry about it.

"They're friends with girls a lot of these lads too, I'm not sure I agree with that. There needs to be a healthy distance between young lads and girls unless they're courting, to maintain the mystery."

"They don't drink much these lads today neither. When we were going out, we'd drink anything. Carling, blue VK in the club there if you couldn't afford a WKD, just to mix things up. But either way the commitment was there. With these lads it's green tea and coffee. I tell you now, it's no wonder they're all depressed."

729199992_Screenshot_20220419-205341_SamsungInternet.jpg.efe896d87d791fec2664e67c4131bcef.jpg

• Upvote 26

Just now, Section_31 said:

Keane talks about the mancs the way I talk about this generation of lads.

"They're queueing up to get in the clubs, they've got no formal trousers on, no trousers to be seen, not a shirt in sight either, not even a Ben Sherman. How much is a Ben Sherman for pity's sake? Where's the pride? Where's the discipline?

"They cry a lot these young lads. About the environment and stuff. Okay we talked about the ozone layer in our quieter moments, but it sorted itself out eventually, you certainly didn't cry about it.

"They're friends with girls a lot of these lads too, I'm not sure I agree with that. There needs to be a healthy distance between young lads and girls unless they're courting, to maintain the mystery."

"They don't drink much these lads today neither. When we were going out, we'd drink anything. Carling, blue VK in the club there if you couldn't afford a WKD, just to mix things up. But either way the commitment was there. With these lads it's green tea and coffee. I tell you now, it's no wonder they're all depressed."

729199992_Screenshot_20220419-205341_SamsungInternet.jpg.efe896d87d791fec2664e67c4131bcef.jpg

Ahahaha