You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, TheRedMachine said:

I had a season ticket on the Kop and never saw one of our fans do that. Everton fans did it though.

There was at least one banana thrown from the away end in his first league game at Highbury. I'm not aware it ever happened at Anfield (from the home support).

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Was it City fans in the early Nineties who used to carry inflatable bananas everywhere? Unless I misread it at the time, that was nothing to do with banana-chucking racism and more about the fact that bananas are, inherently, the funniest fruit.

They were also more effective up front than Jo.

7 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

Cunt Tyler spent a lot of the match trying to pretend that Ali was risky and reckless and a Steffen-style fuck-up waiting to happen. Bullshit, of course. The bottom line is that good footballers are good at football - and Ali is a good footballer.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Yeah was man city.

https://mcivta.com/bananas/

I’m not so sure the inflatable banana was a statement. Just an absurdary. 

There was all kinds of inflatables back then, blow up hammers (West Ham), fish (Grimsby), what ever you could get elsewhere. We saw a blow up piano at Exeter ffs, block some poor twats view for most of that game.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RJ Fan club said:

I’m not so sure the inflatable banana was a statement. Just an absurdary. 

There was all kinds of inflatables back then, blow up hammers (West Ham), fish (Grimsby), what ever you could get elsewhere. We saw a blow up piano at Exeter ffs, block some poor twats view for most of that game.

I've got a bit of a pocket checklist before I go to the match - keys, phone, bus pass, cash card, mask, sanitiser... no inflatable piano, though, oddly enough.

1 hour ago, CapeRed said:

Never happened that. Only player I saw that happen to at Anfield was Clyde Best

It happened at Highbury in his first league game. It's documented in Nick Hornby's book & a mate who was there (in the away end) said it was true.

On 21/04/2022 at 20:45, Anubis said:

I was in absolute tears at the pied piper rodent rant. The two lads doing charades was also really funny.

Those two lads were boss, and I love Goldbridge. The rest of them though, Jesus Christ. Spoilt, entitled fucking brats. The Portuguese / Canadian lad was horrendous. The girl not much better (even though her analysis of the players was spot on) and the fella with the pied piper rant, well he's kind of amusing but he just looks like he's putting on a show to make money. Feels like an act to me.

Those two lads doing the impressions though, that was genuinely funny. Not sure I'd be joking around like that if we were getting embarrassed by United though. They didn't seem that arsed did they?

Also, made me laugh when the one of the left said "that's the best goal I've ever seen" after our second. I said those exact same words at the time too!

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I said the same to my 12yo son when the second went in, I said it is probably the best team goal I've seen.

I've been trying to decide whether it was better than our third at Wembley. I think it probably was.

Two absolutely fucking stupendous goals.

4 hours ago, Mook said:

It happened at Highbury in his first league game. It's documented in Nick Hornby's book & a mate who was there (in the away end) said it was true.

It never happened at Anfield,in my experience from Liverpool fans at least. I'm also not sure Nick Hornby can be relied on for tales about our fans as an Arsenal supporter. But stranger things have happened.

41 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It never happened at Anfield,in my experience from Liverpool fans at least. I'm also not sure Nick Hornby can be relied on for tales about our fans as an Arsenal supporter. But stranger things have happened.

Yeah, I mean I've made three posts about this now & never once said that Liverpool supporters threw bananas at John Barnes at Anfield. Two of the posts stated quite clearly it happened at Highbury.

You should read Fever Pitch, it's a good book & his chapter about Heysel is nail on the head stuff.

What his name from  boys from the meresy denies it and he was there. 

I wasn't there so I can't comment.

I know he got stick when he played for Watford in rushes last game and there was even a chant at mirandinhia when Barnes wasn't playing

I think it's incredibly naive to think that racism could continue to exist in 1 club in the city and completely vanish from the other.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Mook said:

Yeah, I mean I've made three posts about this now & never once said that Liverpool supporters threw bananas at John Barnes at Anfield. Two of the posts stated quite clearly it happened at Highbury.

You should read Fever Pitch, it's a good book & his chapter about Heysel is nail on the head stuff.

Yep he acknowledges that if any other English club was playing that night ,the result would have been exactly the same  but then he makes a rather confusing remark about a  vicious set of fans (I was never sure if he meant us or Juve)

9 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

I'm made up that these twats are shit. If anyone deserves to suffer its this horrible cunt. Just goes on about the Ferguson years and absolutely despises Liverpool. 

Someone's reply -

"you little fan cam sky paid nonce"

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

I think it's incredibly naive to think that racism could continue to exist in 1 club in the city and completely vanish from the other.

Don't think anyone has said that. Liverpool as a city was racist from all ethnic backgrounds.