You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

1 hour ago, DalyanPete said:

See ratboy wants the owners to sell up now, expect a game called off protest as he's fueling the fires like last time.

He should do the honest thing and buy the club. Renovate the team & ground as opposed to renovating old hotels in City Centre Manchester. After all he loves the club sooooo much, right? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Unusual for the mainstream media to notice this sort of thing, let alone acknowledge it.

(Excuse the Mail link, it is simply illustrative)

Man United fans are slammed for singing sick taunt to Liverpool over the Hillsborough disaster | Daily Mail Online

Surprisingly, there’s now quite a few journalists on Twitter calling them out on it. 

I’ve heard and read a fair few United fans saying that we sung Munich stuff first and that it could be clearly heard on the TV footage. I didn’t hear it at all. And that makes me wonder if people have misheard our frequent singing last night of our “bring on your Internazionale” song and misinterpreted it for the less savoury song with a very similar tune and lyrics about lying on the runway etc? 

Or maybe they’re just bad tits who can’t bring themselves to criticise their own fan’s vile actions?

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

He should do the honest thing and buy the club. Renovate the team & ground as opposed to renovating old hotels in City Centre Manchester. After all he loves the club sooooo much, right? 

He said something along the lines of "yes they have spent money - but it is not their money."

4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

He said something along the lines of "yes they have spent money - but it is not their money."

Well I’m sure he’d be willing to spend his money on the club if it’s that easy. 

They just can't complain about spending their transfers and wages are in the top 3 in the world. Complain about the owners employing the wrong people fine but not cash. Its a ridiculously big and rich club. I listened to a podcast with Rory Smith on it and he said if papers were only concerned with clicks they would only write about united because they massively draw more attention than any other club including Liverpool Liverpool are second but by a long distance. Fuck knows how you catch up with that, they got success at the right time. They're too big to fail for too long but a wake up call is needed and patience with their next manager. Personally I hope they fucking fail forever.

• Upvote 1

The really sobering thing is when you reflect on how Norwich, Watford and Burnley played against us. None of them was anywhere near as limp and lame as the mancs were. Woy's Watford showed more energy, organisation and fight than that. Loads more. Which echoes my earlier post - it's quite bizarre the mancs finish as high as they do. They've had one of the most humiliating seasons in their recent history. Hell, just 'in their history'. And they're no lower than SIXTH! That's got to say more about the league than any isolated bursts of quality from them. You look at the teams around them - Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham...It's no surprise where they are. But this team from OT - they ought to be languishing in the lower half of the table.

19 hours ago, Colt Seavers said:

That first half was a bit special.

Reminded me of the Forest 5-0 performance

The NBC feed mentioned the Forest game. 
They said the BBC put a special highlights package together for that game and broadcast the same night because of the Liverpool masterclass.

On Ratboy - I find he speaks well (or at least he used to) the majority of the time but he’s beginning to sound more and more like a petulant child.

Some of his views are ridiculous and he is clearly unwilling to accept any other viewpoint - never a good trait to have in discussions.

His point about the dividends is ludicrous.

Dividends being paid attract investment and create demand. It’s a sign of company strength and future success, what does he really expect when someone buys the business? They were publicly traded and available......You go down that route, you know what is going to happen.

Maybe he can point the finger at others? Gill’s desire for investment or Fergie falling out with McManus and his mate leading to them selling out maybe. Funny how certain people get no blame whatsoever though but like a myopic fan he just throws shite at the owners.

It’s what happens when you chase money as a football club.

Fuck him and them.

I hope they suffer for many, many years..

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

Surprisingly, there’s now quite a few journalists on Twitter calling them out on it. 

I’ve heard and read a fair few United fans saying that we sung Munich stuff first and that it could be clearly heard on the TV footage. I didn’t hear it at all. And that makes me wonder if people have misheard our frequent singing last night of our “bring on your Internazionale” song and misinterpreted it for the less savoury song with a very similar tune and lyrics about lying on the runway etc? 

Or maybe they’re just bad tits who can’t bring themselves to criticise their own fan’s vile actions?

They always say that. I’ve never heard Munich songs. They sing about Hillsborough, the whole ground not a minority. One kid gets caught on camera shouting ‘Munich’ in response and so it’s now official it’s people on both sides equally to blame.

The contrast with the Ronaldo applause made their vile songs obvious last night. Even our fucking media has now got on to it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Strontium said:

Unusual for the mainstream media to notice this sort of thing, let alone acknowledge it.

Man United fans are slammed for singing sick taunt to Liverpool over the Hillsborough disaster | Daily Mail Online

Hopefully, the tide is turning against those clubs fanbase that sing about Hillsbrough. For years this has gone unreported by the sports pages despite it happening every time we play one of them or, when caught on tv games.

I watched the full game again today on Sky and the filthy manc cunts can clearly be heard singing their filth. I heard it at the game last night and told the cunts to fuck off but not sure they heard me!

It has to stop, no if or buts and Sky \ BT etc need to call it out instead of pretending it doesnt happen. The cunts offer profuse apologies if a pitch side mic picks up 'industrial' language yet they never mention these Hillsbrough songs.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Nelly-Matip said:

The mancs are lying cunts. There's been no Munich chants at Anfield for 30 years. If they're saying we sang anything Munich related last night, they're cunts.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Keane talks about the mancs the way I talk about this generation of lads.

"They're queueing up to get in the clubs, they've got no formal trousers on, no trousers to be seen, not a shirt in sight either, not even a Ben Sherman. How much is a Ben Sherman for pity's sake? Where's the pride? Where's the discipline?

"They cry a lot these young lads. About the environment and stuff. Okay we talked about the ozone layer in our quieter moments, but it sorted itself out eventually, you certainly didn't cry about it.

"They're friends with girls a lot of these lads too, I'm not sure I agree with that. There needs to be a healthy distance between young lads and girls unless they're courting, to maintain the mystery."

"They don't drink much these lads today neither. When we were going out, we'd drink anything. Carling, blue VK in the club there if you couldn't afford a WKD, just to mix things up. But either way the commitment was there. With these lads it's green tea and coffee. I tell you now, it's no wonder they're all depressed."

729199992_Screenshot_20220419-205341_SamsungInternet.jpg.efe896d87d791fec2664e67c4131bcef.jpg

Just brilliant. 

I don't really care about what tribal nonsense football fans do, but I thought it was ironic that they sang that "Fergie's right, your fans are shite" a bunch yesterday. Quite sad when the team you support is so bad the opposing fans are really all you can sing about, and one's who were quite respectful to one of their club legends on the night, at that. 

What makes me laugh about Gary Neville is the way he always views everything through the prism of being a Man Utd fan when he's on sky. 

He does praise us but always has to crowbar in his bias. He was asked about Luis Diaz and then just goes off on one "it's utterly depressing isn't it, he's going to be a superstar and he was a bargain too". Why does he need to mention how depressing it is?. Just be objective and sum up his qualities as a player rather than acting like one of those nonces who watch the game on YouTube shouting at the telly in their ma's box room.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

See ratboy wants the owners to sell up now, expect a game called off protest as he's fueling the fires like last time.

Looking forward to them hijacking the decoy bus like last time. I’m their own cars. With their own number plates. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Educate?

How about banning the fuckers.

I get it, that’s a slippery slope and all but fuck them.

Oh how I wish we they too were relegated along with Everton.

Wallowing in mediocrity isn’t enough, I want them to collapse under the weight of their own self importance.

3 hours ago, Strontium said:

Covered on the guardian football weekly podcast too. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

On Ratboy - I find he speaks well (or at least he used to) the majority of the time but he’s beginning to sound more and more like a petulant child.

Some of his views are ridiculous and he is clearly unwilling to accept any other viewpoint - never a good trait to have in discussions.

His point about the dividends is ludicrous.

Dividends being paid attract investment and create demand. It’s a sign of company strength and future success, what does he really expect when someone buys the business? They were publicly traded and available......You go down that route, you know what is going to happen.

Maybe he can point the finger at others? Gill’s desire for investment or Fergie falling out with McManus and his mate leading to them selling out maybe. Funny how certain people get no blame whatsoever though but like a myopic fan he just throws shite at the owners.

It’s what happens when you chase money as a football club.

Fuck him and them.

I hope they suffer for many, many years..

Nah not having that. He’s a shite pundit and always has been. 

Just because when he started out he was deliberately critical of the mancs to try and give an air of neutrality far too many fell for it. 

His ability as a pundit is on a par with his ability as a manager. 

• Upvote 1