You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (H) - Tue 19th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

It was the same during the game. Endless droning on about Utd while they're playing one of the best teams in the world putting on a cracking display.

Don't Sky own a % of shares in Manchester Disunited? 

9 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Now sky focusing on sky signing Haaland. Cunts.

We need to win the league this year because it'll be a long 5 years if they sign that man.

Bayern haven't been too distracted by Haaland playing for their biggest rivals. It will take more than one signing to change their mentality.

11 minutes ago, Arniepie said:

They have been signing it for years.

Do they even deny its not?

I think the words.. the sun was right..may just give it away?

It's the 'always the victim' chant they say isn't about Hillsborough, even though it clearly is.  Fucking scum.

Their chants are sick, but expected. Even after we did the Ronaldo applause thing. 

The more annoying part is the complete unwillingness of the majority of the press to call them out on it. City were (rightly) slaughtered for their fans antics in the semi-final. But, one or two journalists aside, last night is being reported as some sort of fan love-in with absolutely fuck all being reported about their fans being disgusting little twats. 

• Upvote 1

We were great last night. 

We’ve seen some abject Liverpool sides go up against some very good Man Utd sides. Apart from 2 games at Old Trafford where we had red cards early on (think we lost a 4-0 and 3-0) we’ve never been bum holed by them like we’ve done to them this season. Ever. 

Even the Rodgers 0-3 game was more comprehensive than any beating they’ve ever given us. 

Even at our worst we’d always raise our game against them and at least go down swinging. 

They really are in a terrible place and I fucking love it. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We were great last night. 

We seen some abject Liverpool sides go up against some very good Man Utd sides. Apart from 2 games at Old Trafford where we had red cards early on (think we lost a 4-0 and 3-0) we’ve never been bum holed by them like we’ve done to them this season. Ever. 

Even at our worst we’d always raise our game against them and at least go down swinging. 

They really are in a terrible place and I fucking love it. 

We were abysmal in a 4-0 defeat under Houllier with a red card,I think? but we were still giving it a go despite our shitness at the time. United didn't even try to change the game.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

We were abysmal in a 4-0 defeat under Houllier with a red card,I think? but we were still giving it a go despite our shitness at the time. United didn't even try.

Yeah, I think Hyypia was sent off in the first couple of mins for a professional foul. 

We actually did Ok until they made in 2-0 midway through the second half and then we collapsed.

The other game was when Mascherano was sent off, again, in the first half.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, I think Hyypia was sent off in the first couple of mins for a professional foul. 

We actually did Ok until they made in 2-0 midway through the second half and then we collapsed.

Red cards against United at OT? Never! I bet Mike Riley or Howard Webb were reffing.

5 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Red cards against United at OT? Never! I bet Mike Riley or Howard Webb were reffing.

Steve Bennett was doing the Mascherano game. 

Can’t remember the Hyypia one, although I don’t think he could have any complaints. 

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah remember that.

We weren't actually that bad in the hyypia one and they scored a few late goals.

The worst was probaly the mascharano one,we were gutless and they could have had a cricket score  but took their foot off the gas. 

96 cup final was another gutless one but even when we were awful we would mostly put up a fight. 

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Steve Bennett was doing the Mascherano game. 

Can’t remember the Hyypia one, although I don’t think he could have any complaints. 

Yeah,it was Mike Riley who sent Hyypia off. Just looked on lfchistory for details and googled referee. Absolute cunt of a referee and a big reason why current PL officials are so shit.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Yeah,it was Mike Riley who sent Hyypia off. Just looked on lfchistory for details and googled referee. Absolute cunt of a referee and a big reason why current PL officials are so shit.

I would have guessed it was Riley.

He did send off Luke Chadwick once though. Ugly scenes.

Fully agree Riley is a reason why our refs are poor. If he wasn’t a referee, he’d be a traffic warden. 

So happy with how the applause went. That wasn't just for Ronaldo and his missus, it was for all of the parents out there that are dealing with a tragic bereavement wherever they live or whoever they support. We showed class last night and both Neville and Keane referenced it - before idiots from other clubs try to say we made it about ourselves by singing YNWA.

Not shocked at their away support. They have always been like that. We have idiots in our own support doing the Munich but they have possibly four times more knobheads and that's me being not biased and as fair as I can be. 

I watched us playing them at Old Trafford in their end a few times when I couldn't be in with our support. Last time was when we knocked them out of the Europa League and I was surrounded by a few United supporting Irish lads who were shaking their heads in disgust when they started their shite. There were Koreans or Japanese near me as well who didn't have a clue what they were singing about. To be fair, most didn't join in but a large chunk did. Their away support is going to be overwhelmingly Manc so far more likely  to do that. 

Anyhow, we showed class and I'm proud of our support as I nearly always am.

Something that tends to get ignored, but which is actually quite bizarre, is how well the mancs have done these past few years in spite of being shite. If you look at their league positions, they've all been higher than their performances have merited. Even this season - they're still only sixth. I guess the main reason it's rarely discussed is because doing so would make a mockery of the 'Best League in the World' boasting. For a team like them, playing like they do, still only as low as sixth...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Something that tends to get ignored, but which is actually quite bizarre, is how well the mancs have done these past few years in spite of being shite. If you look at their league positions, they've all been higher than their performances have merited. Even this season - they're still only sixth. I guess the main reason it's rarely discussed is because doing so would make a mockery of the 'Best League in the World' boasting. For a team like them, playing like they do, still only as low as sixth...

It’s unbelievable they’ve still a chance of 4th. 

I don’t see anything other than a Arsenal

win on Saturday though. Despite Arsenal being nowhere near as good as they think they are, they’ll at least put the effort in and fight for it - which is significantly more than the mancs will do. 

4 hours ago, J-V said:

He didn’t even have an uncomfortable time time against Sancho.  He tackled him any time he came near him.

Defensively Trent has been solid the last two games.

Agreed. I thought he handled Sancho with ease.