You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, rubble-rouser said:

Doesn’t sound right. Beat them in November 19, lost at their place in July 20, drew at their place last season, lost at Anfield, drew twice this season. Am I missing a cup game or something?

I didn't think it was that long.. we have played them a lot like and there is a load of draws in there.

Made heavier work in that 2nd half than it needed to be but when did we ever make things easy for ourselves.  Don't think there's much point over analysing the game, to beat them is just sweet and its another 'final' won to reach the final.  Recently we've struggled in midfield against them but today we dominated them. Their strength in depth means they can usually cope when De Bruyne is not playing but not against elite opposition.

A tough 2nd half should keep us mentally sharp for Tuesday. With so many big games coming up in such short periods we just need to keep the momentum going.  A couple of chilled, straight forward, relaxing wins wouldn't go amiss though. The old ticker could do with a bit less stress.

• Upvote 1

Before this I said if we play, we win.

Well we did exactly that for the first 45 minutes and we’re deservedly 3-0 up at half time.

We then did what we seem to have had a propensity to do in recent games and let the opposition back into the contest rather than finish them off.

Whether we actually “take the foot off” to conserve energy, or just lose concentration and application I don’t know. If that’s what we are doing it’s a dangerous game.

I felt if we kept it solid for the first 10 minutes of the second half we would then be able to get City to over commit and pick them off, but that lasted about 2 minutes and then they were up for it in the following 10 minutes.

We then settled it down and by and large were comfortable until Mahrez came on, and it was a bit sticky until the final whistle, bar for two chances we had that really should have been taken, yet weren’t.

Fernandinho and Silva were lucky not to have been dismissed, particularly the former for his “tackle” on Mane that was reckless and should have been referred back to the referee, and Silva for persistent, nasty kicks and because he’s a cunt.

They plainly miss de Bruyne and although it goes against our way of playing, it might be prudent that we man mark him the next time we play them, if we have a player who can do that.

Our passing was off at times, with some players more at fault than others, but overall we were better than them, and should have been given their loss of players and tough game during the week, and we deserved the win, and they will know that.

It could just be that this result, and the two draws we have had despite being second best to them, might be the factor that places doubt in their minds and confidence in our minds that we aren’t going away and pressures them into mistakes in later games.

We’re in the final, they aren’t, that will annoy them.

Allez les Rouges!

• Upvote 1

Well apparently that was a B team we beat today. We can't moan about cheating twats having double players for every position then moan that we only WON 3-2.

We fuckin owned that game and a goal in the last couple of minutes made it look closer than it actually was.

Enjoy the buzz, this just gets better 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

I can except that if ITV who also have the rights, showed the highlights but fuck all on there too.

I genuinely don't understand it. The highlights are on the website, but surely you should be showing them on TV too, even if you have had the game live.

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Well we fucking tried our best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory there.

Fucking shocking defending in that 2nd half. Keep it tight and do nothing stupid for the first 10-15 minutes starting the 2nd half.

Instead, Robbo once again losing possession racing into midfield and banging the pass straight at Fernandinho and is caught out of position. Virgil selling himself short sticking a leg out and within a couple of minutes of the restart, it's game on.

I keep saying this, Robbo's composure is lacking and it's starting to do my fucking head in. He was even left for dead for city's 2nd which was pure calamity defending in my view.

Why are both our fullbacks racing forwards in the last 20 minutes against this calibre of opposition? But for Alli making another couple of great saves, we'd be looking at extra time or worse after being 3 fucking nil up.

I doubt we had another goal in us after Sadio and Diaz went off.

Which brings me to Mo. Love the guy but he's fucking grinning ear to ear with every missed opportunity now. Either sort your contract out or Jurgen needs to give him a rest. He had a great chance but put it into the side netting. Another late on, he wanted too many touches or too much time.

i thought Oliver was absolute shit. How does Fernandinho not get booked in the first half yet Oliver is dishing cards out to Sadio, Fabinho and Keita for nothing challenges. Then Fernandinho dives in again and he finally books him. He should have been booked twice in the first half.

Very relieved to win, my arse let go when that 2nd went it. Oh, and we need to stop shipping goals. Another 2 today even if it is a 'changed' city team.

MoTM is a toss up between Sadio, Thiago and Diaz. I'll give it Sadio because he looked sharp and his 2 goals won the game.

Trent was up there with these 3 also

5 hours ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

Really brilliant that. 

It important to remember how good City are, even with a changed line-up. 

Immense win and performance with stars all over the pitch. 

Who the fuck do we play in a final then? Talk about anti-climax. 

A cup final is only an anticlimax if you lose.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, DalyanPete said:

Well apparently that was a B team we beat today. We can't moan about cheating twats having double players for every position then moan that we only WON 3-2.

We fuckin owned that game and a goal in the last couple of minutes made it look closer than it actually was.

Enjoy the buzz, this just gets better 

They made 5 changes from last Sunday and we made 3. 

It's not our fault that Aké was bullied for the corner by Konaté. It's definitely not our fault that Pep picked their 2nd keeper and he isn't as comfortable with the ball as his 1st choice or either of ours. It's not our fault that Pep has spent half a billion pounds but his only way to rest Rodri is to play a 37 year old, who fouls his way through a game.

It's definitely not our fault that they couldn't cover the 2 injuries they had today. They spent £65m on Walker's backup but he has played most of the season filling in for their (alleged) rapist left back. The great white hope was picked in midfield today but was anonymous. 

We rested 3 from last Sunday and we looked sharp. We have rotated a lot more in the past few weeks and it showed today. They looked sluggish and injuries are catching up with them. 

Oh, and they are supported by a bunch of scum, managed by a smug prick and have 5 or 6 slimy bastards playing for them. I hope they win fuck all, Abu Dhabi gets called out by the international community and these cunts go back to competing in penalty shootouts in the League 1 playoff final. 

Like the lotto winner who went back working as a binman, Manchester City, you are Michael Carroll.

• Upvote 16

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

No, I like it. It’s a pity it doesn’t sound more like the Beatles song, though.

Missing the higher harmony on the 3rd interval. Oh - and stupendous intro guitar riff by John. Sublime. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Razoray said:

They made 5 changes from last Sunday and we made 3. 

It's not our fault that Aké was bullied for the corner by Konaté. It's definitely not our fault that Pep picked their 2nd keeper and he isn't as comfortable with the ball as his 1st choice or either of ours. It's not our fault that Pep has spent half a billion pounds but his only way to rest Rodri is to play a 37 year old, who fouls his way through a game.

It's definitely not our fault that they couldn't cover the 2 injuries they had today. They spent £65m on Walker's backup but he has played most of the season filling in for their (alleged) rapist left back. The great white hope was picked in midfield today but was anonymous. 

We rested 3 from last Sunday and we looked sharp. We have rotated a lot more in the past few weeks and it showed today. They looked sluggish and injuries are catching up with them. 

Oh, and they are supported by a bunch of scum, managed by a smug prick and have 5 or 6 slimy bastards playing for them. I hope they win fuck all, Abu Dhabi gets called out by the international community and these cunts go back to competing in penalty shootouts in the League 1 playoff final. 

Like the lotto winner who went back working as a binman, Manchester City, you are Michael Carroll.

Excellently put brother.