You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

10 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That was fantastic and if you couldn't enjoy it then you should fuck off and watch the Great British Bake off or other such shite. 

Get in, Redmen. 

We're fuckin shite. 

What about the show with the doll's house for a doll's house?

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, m0e said:

This thread is an absolute shit show.

Up the mighty fucking Reds!!

Some of the comments in this thread again show how fucking spoilt many of our fans have become.

Our first FA cup final in 10 years but let's whinge and moan instead. And let's ignore how comfortable we were for most of this game and could easily have won with a bigger margin. Why be chuffed, when you can be the "anti-super fan" picking holes in everything because this team should be perfect every single minute of every single game?

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Some of the comments in this thread again show how fucking spoilt many of our fans have become.

And some of the comments sound like a Norwich fan whose team has just won the Colman's Mustard Invitation Plate in extra-time. Pity you didn't meet Ronnie Moran - he would have smashed you in the face for being so wet. The great LFC teams were hyper-critical, as were the fans, because that's how standards were maintained. Get it? It didn't mean you weren't pleased to win, it didn't mean you didn't celebrate, it just meant you were proud of those high standards, you appreciated that they were HARD WORK and you knew that to keep succeeding you needed to push yourselves on full-time rather part-time. So celebrate how you want, but cut out the sneering at anyone who's being honest about games rather than acting like some happy-clappy drip.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Supremolad said:

Our first FA cup final in 10 years but let's whinge and moan instead. And let's ignore how comfortable we were for most of this game and could easily have won with a bigger margin. Why be chuffed, when you can be the "anti-super fan" picking holes in everything because this team should be perfect every single minute of every single game?

To be fair, not really. It's all about perspective. The standards are extremely high right now. These things are nitpicks.

If we were shite, personally, I'd be mostly negative as we'd be shite, but I'd also fish for more positives.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

And some of the comments sound like a Norwich fan whose team has just won the Colman's Mustard Invitation Plate in extra-time. Pity you didn't meet Ronnie Moran - he would have smashed you in the face for being so wet. The great LFC teams were hyper-critical, as were the fans, because that's how standards were maintained. Get it? It didn't mean you weren't pleased to win, it didn't mean you didn't celebrate, it just meant you were proud of those high standards, you appreciated that they were HARD WORK and you knew that to keep succeeding you needed to push yourselves on full-time rather part-time. So celebrate how you want, but cut out the sneering at anyone who's being honest about games rather than acting like some happy-clappy drip.

Fuck off with your bollocks. There is constructive criticism and there is whinging and whining because of being a negative cunt. Miss me with your bullshit analysis and nostalgia induced nonsense.

You think we were perfect every game and never conceded some sloppy goals in the 70s and 80s when we were all conquering? Laughable rose tinted glasses you have on mate.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

We definitely need to work on our concentration in certain areas, especially at the start of the second halfs of matches protecting a lead. Otherwise I think we're coping with the immense workload we have at the moment pretty well. 

Fuck me people still whining about match threads, footballs evocative a match thread is reacting in real time with over emotional knee jerk moments. If I watch the game at home I'll vent on a match thread so my missus doesnt have to listen to it. If a player fucks up I'll call him a daft cunt it doesn't mean I think he's a daft cunt it's a reaction to a moment. Nobody is entitled or spoiled, if the opposition score a goal you can be pissed off and not zen thinking it doesn't matter when the oppositions scored because we've been brilliant these last few years, you react to the game your watching.  After the game you calm down  and appreciate whats happening.

• Upvote 6

Well that was some performance - of course it being us we just had to make it a bit dramatic/nervy somehow after dicking them in every department for the whole game!

I thought we were excellent all over the park - Salah though sadly still looks like he is struggling...he really, really fucking really needs a goal - but at present he is predictable and is finding things he would usually do so easily tough...it will come, hopefully soon and in spades.

That 3rd goal of ours - absolute pure unadulterated filth....loved it.

A few notes on their support.....

We were in the block overlooking the halfway line on the dugout side (top tier) and their fans were literally the other side of those big black sheets they use to divide......Loads of them during the silence on top of the number of them chanting/booing behind the goal were shouting murderers/booing and doing crush gestures.

Fucking vermim - yeah it is a minority, and can't judge all their support by their behaviour, but it was a vocal and sizeable number.

As i said - fucking vermin.

We never engaged with them at all (way too old and grown up for all that shite now, don't give them pleasure of getting to you is my view) but some were going mad.

The behaviour of loads of their fans close to the divide was laughable....really sad stuff - grown men giving it the big one....bending over and simulating with hands being fucked up the arse...all sorts of frankly bizarre stuff.

A few of ours around us were engaging and the usual gestures were exchanged and the sad posturing/pointing and "come on then" shite was happening.

I am not being biased at all when i say it was much, much more them than it was ours.

About 10 mins from the end i felt something hit me in the side - was a pound coin which i am pretty sure i can safely assume came from them (we were 3, 4 and 5 seats in from the divide)

We hadn't engaged with them at all - but obviously the coin was aimed at someone else or just indiscriminately launched into our end....

I picked it up and gave it to the kid who was about 10 years old sitting behind me - imagine if it had hit him in the face......fucking rats.

I just thought those fans in that area were laughable - and as for those who booed and jeered and chanted during the silence - absolute scum.

Anyway - another final! Whatever this incredible season brings from here, this team have shown that they are fucking great and hopefully there are massive rewards for them to come in the coming weeks.

• Upvote 7