You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

43 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

On my way into work. Hoping to see some City fans on the way back from Wembley. Get alot coming out of Watford Junction as they pick up cars from here. See if its better than all the sad red mancs when they got twitted by watford I November 

Not many yet, though a few police. But a handful of very sad lot in bucket hats and pale blue shirts. Mind you I guess they'd only be a handful as they couldn't sell out a semi final. 

They'll out out each week on this new virtual fan bullshit though

Job done. Not going to single out mistakes, or bad performances. Collectively, we put City to bed.

I’m not sure why the world expects every game to be bigger and better than the last one after a gruelling season where both teams have given everything they have to be in the position they are, to challenge for silverware. We don’t have a squad of Terminators or Robo-Cops & neither do city. By rights, as the season progresses and the stress and strain on body & mind take their toll, its the grittiest team that get’s over the line. Sheer will to win. Apart from a few nervy moments late on, we had more heart, more passion and more grit than City know how to muster when they are truly challenged.

And that is why we are still on track for a historic quadruple. WELL IN REDMEN, you’re making our dreams come true, and long may it continue.

• Upvote 2

That'll do, pig.

I missed the first 30 minutes as I was coming back from my niece's birthday party. She couldn't have a 1st or 2nd birthday celebration because of lockdowns so it was nice for her to get to enjoy it this time round, when she's perhaps old enough to have one or two memories. Just the right weather for an outdoor party too.

Switching the TV on, to say I was surprised by the scoreline was an understatement. We were playing on the front foot and looking sharp. Lucho and Sadio were a menace, and Thiago, Fab and Naby were controlling the middle of the park. I saw City surrender possession cheaply again and again.

That said, we were sloppy at the start of the second half to concede so soon. I've said it before but we have been prone to sloppiness after going at least 2 goals to the good in a number of matches, with an awful lot of time left on the clock. We don't seem to know what to do, neither sticking nor twisting.

The rest of the second half was pretty even, and we certainly had our chances to hand out a hiding. That it got to stoppage time with City in the ascendancy and us hanging on a little (we weren't exactly under the cosh) doesn't reflect the game as a whole.

Still, we got the job done, and can look forward to another cup final. It's a chance for Klopp to land another trophy he hasn't yet won, and a chance to bump up the numbers on the Champions Wall. Plenty of football to be played between now and then though.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I reckon they batter Madrid.

Yeah so do i, that Madrid side isn't that could

City don't like teams that take it to them though but can't see past them winning. Really don't fancy playing them in a final

8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

That'll do, pig.

I missed the first 30 minutes as I was coming back from my niece's birthday party. She couldn't have a 1st or 2nd birthday celebration because of lockdowns so it was nice for her to get to enjoy it this time round, when she's perhaps old enough to have one or two memories. Just the right weather for an outdoor party too.

Switching the TV on, to say I was surprised by the scoreline was an understatement. We were playing on the front foot and looking sharp. Lucho and Sadio were a menace, and Thiago, Fab and Naby were controlling the middle of the park. I saw City surrender possession cheaply again and again.

That said, we were sloppy at the start of the second half to concede so soon. I've said it before but we have been prone to sloppiness after going at least 2 goals to the good in a number of matches, with an awful lot of time left on the clock. We don't seem to know what to do, neither sticking nor twisting.

The rest of the second half was pretty even, and we certainly had our chances to hand out a hiding. That it got to stoppage time with City in the ascendancy and us hanging on a little (we weren't exactly under the cosh) doesn't reflect the game as a whole.

Still, we got the job done, and can look forward to another cup final. It's a chance for Klopp to land another trophy he hasn't yet won, and a chance to bump up the numbers on the Champions Wall. Plenty of football to be played between now and then though.

True that they were in the ascendancy but we had two excellent chances to extend our score right at the end. So fuck them.