You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Fuck me people still whining about match threads, footballs evocative a match thread is reacting in real time with over emotional knee jerk moments. If I watch the game at home I'll vent on a match thread so my missus doesnt have to listen to it. If a player fucks up I'll call him a daft cunt it doesn't mean I think he's a daft cunt it's a reaction to a moment. Nobody is entitled or spoiled, if the opposition score a goal you can be pissed off and not zen thinking it doesn't matter when the oppositions scored because we've been brilliant these last few years, you react to the game your watching.  After the game you calm down  and appreciate whats happening.

My issue isn't with those who are emotional in the heat of the moment while the game is going on. I wasn't happy when we conceded that 2nd goal, I was cursing at the TV.

My issue is with those who still double down on their whinging after the game has finished. There are people who havent had a good word to say about the team since the game finished today. Perspective should have started seeping in by now. Yes it's not great we conceded twice but in the grand scheme of things, we are in yet another final and still in with a shout of a quadruple, never before acheived.

• Upvote 2

On 14/04/2022 at 23:28, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You can't be overly confident against a team this good, but I think there are a few things going in our favour.

We were nowhere near our best at the Etihad, but they couldn't beat us.

Tactically, they caught us out; we will have worked on the specific points where they were able to do that.

Kyle Walker gave Robbo the runaround last week; he's likely to be missing this week.

We were able to more or less rest loads of players in midweek; they had a gruelling contest against a bunch of horrible snides.

It will be close, but I can see us edging it.

Just get these beat, Reds.

• Upvote 3

For me, the biggest positive to take away is this -

In the previous games this season against City, in the first halves when they've completely dominated Liverpool, they didn't have enough in them to take the game beyond us.

Today, we got the chance to dominate the first half and made it count emphatically by knocking in 3 unreplied goals. The final scoreline flattered them just like it did when we beat them 4-3 at Anfield in 2018.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Walker is massive for City.  

De Bruyne not the same.  

If it bleeds you can kill it. 

And City were made to look much better by a very friendly ref.  Without Oliver we may have scored 5. 

Oliver did what he could to keep them in the game in the first half. Fernandinho should’ve had two yellows in the first half and a direct red in the second. 

38 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Apart from the two sloppy goals we were in total control of that game from start to finish. 

The scoreline totally flattered them in the end. 

Onwards and upwards for the Redmen. 

Totz this 

On 15/04/2022 at 20:46, diamondjoe said:

Missing the game tomorrow. Got picked for my local cricket team. Bat at 11, can't bowl and will spend the day mooching about at 3rd man thinking about how big a cunt Martin Tyler is.

Just in case anyone was interested, I batted at 10 today, up the order!

Gloved the first ball to the keeper. Golden duck.

Fuck me I am shit.

• Upvote 6

18 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Oliver did what he could to keep them in the game in the first half. Fernandinho should’ve had two yellows in the first half and a direct red in the second. 

Silva too. The cunt.

• Upvote 1

I’d promised my housemate not to make too much noise during the match as he was on nights and trying to sleep. I’d managed to be really well behaved up until our third goal, when the racket woke him up. He got up annoyed, then looked at the replay and went ‘ok fair enough’, shrugged and went back to bed.

3B80D907-00CC-4F48-AD2C-7764D94D3896.gif

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I think everyone saw it, even if they choose not to talk about it. 

I'm not sure what the media have to gain by not calling it out, it's not like this is going to end well for City, one day the whole sorry episode will fall to pieces and the football community will applaud it, and the media will pretend it always had our backs.  

We're watching you.  We will remember your sycophantic, cowardly bullshit.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jordy Brouwer said:

I still can't get over how good that first half was. 

Imagine if we can replicate a performance like that in the Champions League final. 

Villarreal first, v 11 men, the referee team, and the football world wanting to see an upset. 

Winning a final v City or Madrid will be straightforward by comparison.