You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Thiago, Keita, Diaz, Mane, Salah.

Subs: Kelleher, Milner, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Jones, Jota, Tsimikas, Matip.

Bit surprised hendo sits this out. Virgil captain. Diaz a good shout I think, I know some of the lads on the podcast thought not. Keita?Hmmm, come on Naby lad! And Mo!

City rotated quite heavily for this:

Steffen; Cancelo, Stones, Ake, Zinchenko; Fernandinho (C), Bernardo, Foden; Grealish, Jesus, Sterling.

SUBS | Ederson, Dias, Gundogan, Laporte, Rodrigo, De Bruyne, Mahrez, Delap, Lavia

2 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

No Harvey on the bench again. Or Ox, who is basically toast now.

There was something a few weeks back that said Klopp sent Harvey back to U23's so he could play regularly to give him the minutes he needed as he wouldnt be guaranteed it in the first team, But wondering if there might be a bit more to it hes not getting anywhere near the first team but saying that our bench is looking stronger than ever so not easy to get near it, as for Ox hes done i think after those injuries he has just fallen away.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

There was something a few weeks back that said Klopp sent Harvey back to U23's so he could play regularly to give him the minutes he needed as he wouldnt be guaranteed it in the first team, But wondering if there might be a bit more to it hes not getting anywhere near the first team but saying that our bench is looking stronger than ever so not easy to get near it, as for Ox hes done i think after those injuries he has just fallen away.  

Cheers mate. Thought he was on the bench against Benfica, but could be imagining it. Sure he’ll be back soon, perhaps Klopp just wants him firing ready for the run-in. 

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Reports of Harvey's demise are greatly exaggerated, in my view.

A lot of pressure to return from that injury and be immediately up to speed. Also worth remembering that Keita wasn’t seen at all after the Madrid game last season, yet might end up making more appearances for us this season than in any since his arrival.

3 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

They’re basically fielding a Carabao team. Okay, it’s one that would finish high in the PL, but it would be humiliating for us to lose to it.

If it would finish high in the PL, how would it be humiliating to lose to it? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1

Just now, dockers_strike said:

Reports of Harvey's demise are greatly exaggerated, in my view.

Yeah, i do think its more to do with playing time he needs it after the injury (which he came back from relatively quickly) he obviously wouldnt play 90 mins week in week out with the 1st team but he will with the U23's. He has been a bit vocal on Instagram biting back at a few "followers" who have had a go one was a dig at a Manc something about Greenwood not knowing how to treat a woman right so maybe its also alittle bit of taking him out the spotlight let him get back to football?

5 minutes ago, waddy78 said:

I think when Harvey came back and was given a run-out in the Champions League, and looked a bit lost, Klopp probably realised he's not quite 'there' yet. It won't do him any harm to take a step back.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

If it would finish high in the PL, how would it be humiliating to lose to it? Asking for a friend.

Different context. If you put it together for a season it would do well, but we’re in a cup semi-final with arguably our strongest team against our current biggest (on-field) rival who’ve rotated heavily.

1 minute ago, waddy78 said:

Yeah, i do think its more to do with playing time he needs it after the injury (which he came back from relatively quickly) he obviously wouldnt play 90 mins week in week out with the 1st team but he will with the U23's. He has been a bit vocal on Instagram biting back at a few "followers" who have had a go one was a dig at a Manc something about Greenwood not knowing how to treat a woman right so maybe its also alittle bit of taking him out the spotlight let him get back to football?

Yeah, I don't think Klopp would've been overly joyed at Elliot's latest social media shenanigans.