You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (N) - FAC Semi Final, Sat 16th Apr 2022 (3:30pm)

Trumo

4 minutes ago, neko said:

Can someone explain to me why there are no trains between Liverpool/Manchester and London right now ?

Sounds really stupid to play at Wembley.

Because football is for the people and the FA cup is the cup for the people and the FA are all about the fans. Thus play the game at Wembley on a weekend there’s no public transport despite these works been known off for at least a year.  It’s all about the fans.  

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Because football is for the people and the FA cup is the cup for the people and the FA are all about the fans. Thus play the game at Wembley on a weekend there’s no public transport despite these works been known off for at least a year.  It’s all about the fans.  

So, the rail lines are under maintenance/construction ? 

I don’t see any definitive news on De Bruyne or Walker.

I reckon Walker is out but De Bruyne will play some part.

Also, what is their keeper situation tomorrow? Do they play that American in all the domestic cup games?

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t see any definitive news on De Bruyne or Walker.

I reckon Walker is out but De Bruyne will play some part.

Also, what is their keeper situation tomorrow? Do they play that American in all the domestic cup games?

I see Guardiola was very vague on his answers in his presser earlier.

Neither De Bruyne or Walker trained today. 

De Bruyne has stitches in a calf wound.

Walker’s ankle is swollen but felt he could have played on, on Weds. 

He hasn’t decided on the American keeper. 

I’ll stick with my original theory, Walker out and De Bruyne plays some part.

20 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I see Guardiola was very vague on his answers in his presser earlier.

Neither De Bruyne or Walker trained today. 

De Bruyne has stitches in a calf wound.

Walker’s ankle is swollen but felt he could have played on, on Weds. 

He hasn’t decided on the American keeper. 

I’ll stick with my original theory, Walker out and De Bruyne plays some part.

Guardiola is mad if he plays that American lad in goal instead of Ederson for this but, just the overthinking he does from time to time. The lad looked an absolute bag of nerves last time I saw him play a league game. Or maybe he was just shit?

I think both De Bruyne and Walker will be available and on the bench at the very least.

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Getting proper excited for this, now. Got my clothes ready and alarm set for an early start and sorting out my sarnies and bottles of "what? This? It's just Coke, mate" for the coach.

Why do I envisage an OFAH Jolly Boys outing here?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Getting proper excited for this, now. Got my clothes ready and alarm set for an early start and sorting out my sarnies and bottles of "what? This? It's just Coke, mate" for the coach.

An apple to brush your teeth? 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

Missing the game tomorrow. Got picked for my local cricket team. Bat at 11, can't bowl and will spend the day mooching about at 3rd man thinking about how big a cunt Martin Tyler is.

Stand in one of the deep fielding positions and watch it on your phone. No one will notice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A couple of my young cousins are coming down on the coach. I hope, for your sake, it’s not the same one. 

4 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A friend of mine used to wrap cans in tinfoil so they looked like bread rolls when getting a train to games here

7 hours ago, Pete said:

Can’t tell if serious 

I'm going and I'm dreading it. Mind, I was dreading going to Anfield when we were three down to Barca. Ended up feeling marginally better. 

7 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

Can’t tell if serious 

He's serious. It's true. As I understand it, the whole story is worse. Both we and City requested a venue change to Old Trafford and the FA turned it down. Quite beyond comprehension. 

3 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Missing the game tomorrow. Got picked for my local cricket team. Bat at 11, can't bowl and will spend the day mooching about at 3rd man thinking about how big a cunt Martin Tyler is.

Got picked for the school team years back and didn't really know the rules of the game so ended up being out at the back and told to catch anything that came my way. After about 20 minutes a ball finally got knocked my way and I'm going to paint this out for you because it was pure filth. 

When the ball was in the air, it felt like everything slowed down. It was sunny, the sky was a brilliant blue with the odd cloud about. This ball was hit perfectly in my direction but started to sway a little to my right. Luckily, I was prepared for this and already had started the run. As the ball dropped, I dived and caught the fucker midair, full stretch. On the land, I tucked my shoulder in and rolled to a stop. I got up, and threw the ball in the air as I basked in the fucking glory of the world's best catch. I caught the ball again because I wasn't sure if I dropped it that it would rule out the award-winning catch prior. 

It was what dreams were made of. 

We got the other team out and I went over to a mate who knew the game. Reminded him about the catch I made that let's be honest, won the game really. 

He told me that the catch goes to the bowler or some shit? I don't know if he was having me on or whether that's actually a true thing but from that moment I retired from cricket. Considered it a cunts game ever since and hope the game gets fucked off for good. 

If my mate lied then I'm still the best cricketer the game has ever had. 

• Upvote 5

44 minutes ago, rb14 said:

He's serious. It's true. As I understand it, the whole story is worse. Both we and City requested a venue change to Old Trafford and the FA turned it down. Quite beyond comprehension. 

Club Wembley beauts would throw a paddy if their gay season ticket was devalued by losing a fixture. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bot said:

Got picked for the school team years back and didn't really know the rules of the game so ended up being out at the back and told to catch anything that came my way. After about 20 minutes a ball finally got knocked my way and I'm going to paint this out for you because it was pure filth. 

When the ball was in the air, it felt like everything slowed down. It was sunny, the sky was a brilliant blue with the odd cloud about. This ball was hit perfectly in my direction but started to sway a little to my right. Luckily, I was prepared for this and already had started the run. As the ball dropped, I dived and caught the fucker midair, full stretch. On the land, I tucked my shoulder in and rolled to a stop. I got up, and threw the ball in the air as I basked in the fucking glory of the world's best catch. I caught the ball again because I wasn't sure if I dropped it that it would rule out the award-winning catch prior. 

It was what dreams were made of. 

We got the other team out and I went over to a mate who knew the game. Reminded him about the catch I made that let's be honest, won the game really. 

He told me that the catch goes to the bowler or some shit? I don't know if he was having me on or whether that's actually a true thing but from that moment I retired from cricket. Considered it a cunts game ever since and hope the game gets fucked off for good. 

If my mate lied then I'm still the best cricketer the game has ever had. 

It gets worse - the bowler that day was TK.

• Upvote 2