Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
benwasmydog

Did anyone else throw things at the old bird who stood behind the goal at the Kop End?

Recommended Posts

I never pissed in anyone’s pocket on The Kop or had it done to me and so I used to think it was a load of shite until I saw it happen once - and laughed. I want to apologise for that. A pocket full of someone else’s piss is no laughing matter. In my defence I was about 15 or 16 at the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sir roger said:

I admit I whistled the Laurel and Hardy tune at that big boned Police guy walking behind the goal in the late 60's/70's. 

Walrus...haha remember him. Got a fair bit of stick from the kop. As didbthe toffee lady at Woodison.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Paul said:

 A pocket full of someone else’s piss is no laughing matter. 

Haha. Wonderfully understated. 

 

They'll have been disappointed with that when they put their hand in their pocket. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t say as I remember the old girl on the Kop but I do remember the old boy in a suit and bowler hat preaching the end is nigh stuff  near the away supporters entrance back in the early 80’s getting all manner of things thrown at him. He always had one of them religious signs with him and was quite deft at swatting things away. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paul said:

I never pissed in anyone’s pocket on The Kop or had it done to me and so I used to think it was a load of shite until I saw it happen once - and laughed. I want to apologise for that. A pocket full of someone else’s piss is no laughing matter. In my defence I was about 15 or 16 at the time. 

Sounds fucking disgusting and I cant get my head around the type of cunt that would do such a thing.

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

Can’t say as I remember the old girl on the Kop but I do remember the old boy in a suit and bowler hat preaching the end is nigh stuff  near the away supporters entrance back in the early 80’s getting all manner of things thrown at him. He always had one of them religious signs with him and was quite deft at swatting things away. 

Used to be some guy in the 70s did this, not sure if it was the same fella because he didnt wear a suit and bowler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Sounds fucking disgusting and I cant get my head around the type of cunt that would do such a thing.

Used to be some guy in the 70s did this, not sure if it was the same fella because he didnt wear a suit and bowler.

Fellas (or fella - as I say, I only saw it happen once) who were bladdered and wouldn’t/couldn’t fight their way out of The Kop to go to the toilet. But you’re right - it’s an absolute cunt’s trick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Paul said:

Fellas (or fella - as I say, I only saw it happen once) who were bladdered and wouldn’t/couldn’t fight their way out of The Kop to go to the toilet. But you’re right - it’s an absolute cunt’s trick. 

Yeah wasnt having a go at you mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a scally lad in my year at school when I was about 15-16 who used to think he was dead hard, used to bully the smaller kids, take the piss out of anyone a bit different or poor, or whatever. Supported Everton and joined his liverpool fan mates on a day out to the kop wearing an Everton hat to show his mates how hard he was.
Got pissed on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing I can remember is people throwing a 2 bob coin and later 50 pence pieces to the lads who carried the big sweetie tray pitch side of the Kop wall and some other cunt catching the polo or mars bar and scoffing them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Only thing I can remember is people throwing a 2 bob coin and later 50 pence pieces to the lads who carried the big sweetie tray pitch side of the Kop wall and some other cunt catching the polo or mars bar and scoffing them!

I remember one fella having a Mars Bar bounced of his forehead with everyone around him pissing themselves.

 

You'd see people drinking paper cups of Higsons before kick off then pissing through a rolled up proey.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was about 15. Couldn't believe my luck to find this ace place to stand. I'd taken her speck. She went ballistic. All the fellas around me were laughing at me, while she was bollocking me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitchhiked to Selhurst Park for a night game in 1969. Missed Hughes scoring our first, in time for an old clogger called Jackie Sewell get their equalizer from a free kick but we still won 3-1. After the game we got a bit of grief from some twatty skinheads, doing that 'Warrior' shit , "Liverpool, where are you?'. I was off like a two bob rocket. Bunked on a coach, which was parked down under some viaduct or bridge and Nelly was on it. I think her second name was Panter and she was a home and away regular back then. The lads on the coach were unmerciful to her.

 

Nothing was thrown at her except verbal barbs, particularly about her headwear. It was a much washed, shrunken bonnet that was pinned to her hair. It was white with a a line of red across it and looked like a used sanitary towel. In those non-PC, crudely misogynistic days it was referred to as a 'jamrag'. But she didn't let any comment on it pass without riposte. One lad said "You don't wear them on your head". Nelly hit back with "No, you put them on cunts like you!". It wasn't Cambridge Footlights stuff, but it was sharp.

 

Any woman going on the Kop in those days, particularly unaccompanied, must have had faith in their own survival skills, or been slightly mental. Nelly certainly had the confidemce - and the madness.  Mind you, Arsenal had some old woman who went on the North Bank and City had some old bat who rang a fucking bell throughout the game. Neither of them, though, had the charm, grace, size and mouth of Nelly. I bet she had a piss on the Kop as well.     

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Anyone remember this fella?

 

F406E31F-5BBE-4880-8F1E-25D1C2AEBADF.jpeg

Doctor fun and Charlie. From two dogs. Used to drink in the Alys. Used to get a hard time off the local blues. Passed now.

Remember being in a working men’s club in Cardiff before the Birmingham league cup final. He was trying to get a laugh out of some kids. They were terrified. Their dad had to tell him to fuck off. He was ok.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah wasnt having a go at you mate.

Didn’t take it as such mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jennings said:

It was fucking ace, mate.

It really was. The only thing I really didn’t

like was the half-time river of piss down The Kop. Saw someone get launched into it by his “mates” once. Fucking horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×