You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is your guitar hero?

Josh Homme - I know he’s a twat. That sound on ‘Songs For The Deaf’ and the Kyuss riffs alone. I can separate the art from the artist for this level of twattery. And any excuse to see Lanegan again. Grohl on drums absolutely smashing it.

Jerry Cantrell - Alice In Chains, that solo in Nutshell grabbed me the first time as a 15 year old. Got a video (I was a twat and filmed it but won’t share it online) of him doing that at the Academy in Manchester. Video not mine, but I’m there. 

Kim Thayil - Does all the metals. Does all the darkness. It’s me of the darkest guitarists I discovered first. And cool as fuck. Even in his 60’s.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Want to give Evelyn the chance to neg another couple of the greatest guitar players to have ever walked the planet.

Also no mention of Ry Cooder yet. Sort it out you simple minds.

Ry Cooder Is fucking amazing.  

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Want to give Evelyn the chance to neg another couple of the greatest guitar players to have ever walked the planet.

Band I sang in used to do a pretty good cover of Kid Charlemagne - and Peg, and a number of other Steely Dan tracks, not all with Larry Carlton, but yep, he is a hell of a player

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, stringvest said:

ropey old outdoor gig - and we were sober.  Not good.

You are a piano player - yeah? Pain in the ass covering any SD without that Rhodes stuff.

We have started to do Daddy Don't Live in That New York City No More. I think that was Carlton's first track he did with them.

• Upvote 1