You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Pick your poison

m0e

If any of the following was guaranteed to you right now, would you rather...  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Them be the options. Them be the scenarios. Don't hate the player, hate the game... And be the player, too.

• We win the Quadruple, and Klopp quits after the victory parade
    • We win the League and CL, City/Chelsea win the FA Cup, and Klopp leaves in 2024
    • We win the Domestic treble, City win the CL, and Klopp signs a 1 year extension
    • We win the league, City win both the CL and FA Cup, and Klopp signs a 2 year extension
    • We win nothing more, and Klopp signs a 5 year extension
    • We play it all out and hope for the best - trophies and contract

The context is irrelevant, and what happens after Kloppo leaves is irrelevant.

I'm going with option 1, making us the greatest ever team in history, and Klopp the greatest ever manager.

Pick your poison.

• Downvote 1

It has to be the play-it-out because, what choice to we really have? 

But I'd say I'd be most happy if playing it out saw league/CL double with Klopp staying until 2024. What more could we possibly ask for than that, ever again?

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

But I'd say I'd be most happy if playing it out saw league/CL double with Klopp staying until 2024. What more could we possibly ask for than that, ever again?

Someone was listening to the podcast and stealing ideas! 

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Chris said:

Pick that one then!

Can’t believe so many are choosing option 1 over option 2. Effectively, you’re trading two more seasons of Jurgen Klopp in for an FA Cup. Shameful stuff. I really hate to say it because I don’t like thinking about it, but things are only going one way when he leaves, irrespective of who takes over. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Can’t believe so many are choosing option 1 over option 2. Effectively, you’re trading two more seasons of Jurgen Klopp in for an FA Cup. Shameful stuff. I really hate to say it because I don’t like thinking about it, but things are only going one way when he leaves, irrespective of who takes over. 

It's not only an FA Cup though. It's an historic and probably never to be beaten quadruple.

It's also almost certainly beating Man City on the way to all 3 trophies.

The biggest cheats in the history of football.

It will be truly unbelievable if it happens.

I'll take option 2 right now, mind.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, m0e said:

Something tells me I shouldn't have included the final option.

Yep, the other options were interesting and thought provoking. The final option is just a convenient get out of jail card for some people who probably don't like thoughts being provoked .

• Upvote 2

Quadruple it's peak success cannot be topped, no one has ever done it. 

I dont believe we will do it either because it's so difficult and because Abu Dhabi decided to trash a game for their own glory at the same time we have become an exceptional side. So yeah quadruple it's the pinnacle.

8 hours ago, Supremolad said:

Yep, the other options were interesting and thought provoking. The final option is just a convenient get out of jail card for some people who probably don't like thoughts being provoked .

That’s bollocks. If anything it’s the riskier option but right is I have faith in Klopp and these players. The whole excitement under this team is not knowing whereas for years since 1990 it’s been a case of “yeah we know what’s coming” 

I prefer to keep myself strapped in for the ride.