You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dad and Lad - Back To The Future

Le Duan

My first game at Anfield was against Leicester on 28th August 1971. I was 12 and my dad paid 50p each to go in The Anfield Road End. Fast forward 50 years or so and it was my turn to take him to game to celebrate his 88th birthday. Spookily it was also against Leicester. This time in the Main Stand at £45 a pop. Really enjoyed the game, the performance and the result. I also managed to buy a copy of the ‘71 programme and to frame it with the latest programme and the photo attached. Anyway, that’s it. Cheers

D64ADF18-93AE-4205-9283-D603E126A8B4.jpeg

• Upvote 45

37 minutes ago, Le Duan said:

My first game at Anfield was against Leicester on 28th August 1971. I was 12 and my dad paid 50p each to go in The Anfield Road End. Fast forward 50 years or so and it was my turn to take him to game to celebrate his 88th birthday. Spookily it was also against Leicester. This time in the Main Stand at £45 a pop. Really enjoyed the game, the performance and the result. I also managed to buy a copy of the ‘71 programme and to frame it with the latest programme and the photo attached. Anyway, that’s it. Cheers

This is what it's all about. Is right mate. You're old man looks like he's got some stories about this amazing club. 

16 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

You could have bought your arl fella a drink. I'm alright Jack.

I know. I did offer but he only wanted a coffee. Shows how long it’s been since I went to a game as I nonchalantly tried to get to my seat with a Guinness only to be stopped by the steward.

I also took him to The Albert before and after the game but he just wanted to sample the atmosphere and listen to the songs. By the way, LFC has got the best songs about our players and the club. Honestly can’t think of another English club with comparable songs. Made the evening even better, I was buzzing off it for a few days

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

This is what it's all about. Is right mate. You're old man looks like he's got some stories about this amazing club. 

Indeed - we both went to all the FA Cup games in 1973, but my dad missed out on a final ticket due to the non-qualifying number on his semi-final ticket stub. I was lucky and qualified and got a ticket. He was going to take me to Wembley and just wait outside for me, but one of the Moores Littlewoods directors gave my mum a free ticket when he heard our plight - mum worked in Littwoods. Brilliant day of course - with one of the best disallowed goals ever seen in a cup-final.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Le Duan said:

Indeed - we both went to all the FA Cup games in 1973, but my dad missed out on a final ticket due to the non-qualifying number on his semi-final ticket stub. I was lucky and qualified and got a ticket. He was going to take me to Wembley and just wait outside for me, but one of the Moores Littlewoods directors gave my mum a free ticket when he heard our plight - mum worked in Littwoods. Brilliant day of course - with one of the best disallowed goals ever seen in a cup-final.

1974, mate.

3 hours ago, Le Duan said:

Superb.

On 07/04/2022 at 17:17, Le Duan said:

Love that.  Congratulations to you both