You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who stays up?

Sugar Ape

Which team stays up?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which team stays up?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/04/22 at 11:00

Norwich are down and it’s looking like two of Burnley, Everton and Watford are joining them. Cast your vote for which team you think will beat the drop. 

I’m going for Burnley to shithouse their way to another season in the premier league. Also think if it goes down to the last game of the season then Burnley are the only team with a chance of getting something. 

Think we’ll know after their next two games if Watford have got a chance or not.

Everton only having two games left against teams in the bottom half of the table doesn’t look good for me, Clive. Though they have got a nice ten day or so break coming up soon with only three games left in April. 

Fixtures:

Burnley:

Norwich (A)

West Ham (A)

Southampton (H)

Wolves (H)

Watford (A)

Villa (H)

Spurs (A)

Villa (A)

Newcastle (H)

Everton:

Utd (H)

Leicester (H)

Liverpool (A)

Chelsea (H)

Leicester (A)

Watford (A)

Brentford (H)

Palace (H)

Arsenal (A)

Watford:

Leeds (H)

Brentford (H)

Man City (A)

Burnley (H)

Palace (A)

Everton (H)

Leicester (H)

Chelsea (A)

A465919B-4F30-4B8C-822F-310E414A5C2C.gif

21 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think Everton stay up. Rodgers will probably fuck it up or Arsenal. I'm going to keep crying it in, Everton 100 percent will not get relegated.

Yep, that’s where I am. 

Brentford and Palace will probably both have their feet up by the time the Ev play them as well, so they should have a decent chance in those ones too.

4 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

On Paper it's Burnley. 

And whilst Everton dropping out of the Prem will be funny for a season; we all know deep down we don't want that. 

stay up and keep being shite 

I used to think that. They were like our brothers.  Friendly banter, taking the piss but not anymore.

The absolute hatred they have for everything red, the bile, the jibes about Heysel and Hillsborough, the wall pushing gestures....

Fuck them. I want them to go down, but I think they'll manage to stay up, just. 

I think Burnley for the drop, but I hope I'm wrong. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

Everton only having two games left against teams in the bottom half of the table doesn’t look good for me, Clive. Though they have got a nice ten day or so break coming up soon with only three games left in April. 

On the bright side, there's plenty of time for Lampard to instil his magic over those ten days. 

4 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

On Paper it's Burnley. 

And whilst Everton dropping out of the Prem will be funny for a season; we all know deep down we don't want that. 

I 100% want them down and to stay down, I want their first competitive game on banks of the Royal blue Mersey to be against Bristol City, i want look onto my brothers and friends eyes on a Saturday as I ask them who they're playing that day because I have no idea and see them beaten of all emotion and excitement as they mutter Coventry City away. I want to see the false hope of a return straight back up quashed by the end of October every season.

Sod the lot of them.

• Upvote 10

I've felt for a while that Burnley's position, with most teams around them having played two or three game more, was a misleading one. Now that they've played the other games, and beaten the blueshite, I think they've got the momentum to move just out of trouble. 

7 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

On Paper it's Burnley. 

Deep down I want it very much. I want the hateful cunts gone. I want them to go down, I want them to lose money, and I want them to fold and disappear. The days of the friendly rivalry are long gone. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

I 100% want them down and to stay down, I want their first competitive game on banks of the Royal blue Mersey to be against Bristol City, i want look onto my brothers and friends eyes on a Saturday as I ask them who they're playing that day because I have no idea and see them beaten of all emotion and excitement as they mutter Coventry City away. I want to see the false hope of a return straight back up quashed by the end of October every season.

Sod the lot of them.

"The Championship is ten times the division the Prem is la. Real supporters, not day tripping Norwegians lid. Hardest division as well. Fuckin Sky 6 and their plazzy league mate, we'll be the team they all want to play, blah, blah, blah..."

2 hours ago, Pureblood said:

I think Roy will surprise a few people. 

The latest expectations as to HOW he will suprise people:

1. He'll admit to journalists that, contrary to previous claims about his love of literature, he only reads the titles of books, and the only eight volumes in his house are used as a stand for his wife's yucca plant.

2. He'll turn up for a presser sporting a buzz cut.

3. He'll tear up his contract with Hublot and start wearing Timex watches.

4. He'll admit that the only language he can actually speak is Harold Steptoese. The other languages with which he has been associated, he confesses, are him just making noises he heard on The Muppet Show.

5. He'll reveal that his real name is Walter, and the 'Roy' has merely been a form of self-abuse.

6. He'll announce that Ray Lewington has been his common-law wife since 1978.

7. He'll confide that the only reason that he's never tried any formation other than 4-4-2 is that, whenever he starts with 3, he gets confused and ends up with either ten or twelve players on the team sheet.

8. He'll announce that he has successfully been through gender reassignment. Twice.

9. He'll reveal tearfully during an interview with Sky that he suffers from a rare form of narcolepsy that requires him to rub his face vigorously every few minutes to avoid sinking into a coma.

10. He'll sit down, clear his throat, and then, punching the air, shout 'Release Roger!' with perfect pronunciation, declaring that 'My regretful tendency to rhotacize is over,' before spending the next five minutes enunciating 'red, rabbit, rumble, roses, rhododendron, Reykjavík, Raymond Reddington, Rumbelows, relegation...'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

The latest expectations as to HOW he will suprise people:

1. He'll admit to journalists that, contrary to previous claims about his love of literature, he only reads the titles of books, and the only eight volumes in his house are used as a stand for his wife's yucca plant.

2. He'll turn up for a presser sporting a buzz cut.

3. He'll tear up his contract with Hublot and start wearing Timex watches.

4. He'll admit that the only language he can actually speak is Harold Steptoese. The other languages with which he has been associated, he confesses, are him just making noises he heard on The Muppet Show.

5. He'll reveal that his real name is Walter, and the 'Roy' has merely been a form of self-abuse.

6. He'll announce that Ray Lewington has been his common-law wife since 1978.

7. He'll confide that the only reason that he's never tried any formation other than 4-4-2 is that, whenever he starts with 3, he gets confused and ends up with either ten or twelve players on the team sheet.

8. He'll announce that he has successfully been through gender reassignment. Twice.

9. He'll reveal tearfully during an interview with Sky that he suffers from a rare form of narcolepsy that requires him to rub his face vigorously every few minutes to avoid sinking into a coma.

10. He'll sit down, clear his throat, and then, punching the air, shout 'Release Roger!' with perfect pronunciation, declaring that 'My regretful tendency to rhotacize is over,' before spending the next five minutes enunciating 'red, rabbit, rumble, roses, rhododendron, Reykjavík, Raymond Reddington, Rumbelows, relegation...'

I agree with all of those,  I was just regurgitating the famous line some of the people on here used when he was appointed as Liverpool manager.  Yes, you read that correctly, Roy was appointed as Liverpool manager.

I also genuinely think he will surprise a few people and Watford will stay up!

37 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

"The Championship is ten times the division the Prem is la. Real supporters, not day tripping Norwegians lid. Hardest division as well. Fuckin Sky 6 and their plazzy league mate, we'll be the team they all want to play, blah, blah, blah..."

Spot on that.....already started with some of them.

8 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

On Paper it's Burnley. 

Wrong. I’ll laugh long and hard at the sight of them not only in The Championship, but also in total and utter financial disarray. If they go down this year, they could easily drop into League One at the first attempt. 

2 hours ago, an tha said:

The shite sadly.

But that trap door absolutely will open in next season or two.

I agree that they'll stay up just, but I disagree that the trap door will open anytime soon.

Look at who's coming up - Fulham (perennial yo yo club), Bournemouth most probably although they were wank against West Brom (Flight Lieutenant Scottie Parker doesn't have the ability as a manager to keep a team in the Premier League), and 1 from Huddersfield, Luton, Forest, Sheff U, Boro and Blackburn!

Whoever comes up this season is going straight back down next season!

49 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I agree that they'll stay up just, but I disagree that the trap door will open anytime soon.

Look at who's coming up - Fulham (perennial yo yo club), Bournemouth most probably although they were wank against West Brom (Flight Lieutenant Scottie Parker doesn't have the ability as a manager to keep a team in the Premier League), and 1 from Huddersfield, Luton, Forest, Sheff U, Boro and Blackburn!

Whoever comes up this season is going straight back down next season!

Forest have been brilliant in the FA cup this season and have a really good manager in Steve Cooper. I fancy them to go up and surprise people next season.