You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

24 minutes ago, DaveT said:

This. The elephant in the room (no, not Richards). City have cheated their way to dominance, a dozen years of sportswashing and financial doping. Context is lost on this bunch of dimwits.

No question you are of course right, but it is never going to be discussed on sky etc and certainly not by a former cheats player.

Best thing to do is not watch the shite they talk.

I literally turn games on when they start and off when final whistle goes.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Admittedly these days I just can't be arsed to follow much that goes on at other clubs, but I don't recall much happening with Richards, in a positive way, after his 'alcohol poisoning' - er - joke a few years ago. He just seemed injured and/or out of favour for most of the time after that. So his reinvention now as some kind of footballing legend, mad Man City fan and beloved Falstaffian pundit leaves me baffled. He's certainly unbearable to watch.

He’s a cunt and there for sound bites.

Offers fuck all else.

7 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

And  £100m! But according to 'Micah,' Liverpool cannot be considered a great team unless they win a 2nd PL title. This despite the fact his club can spend £100m on a player and stick him on the subs bench for 75 minutes of the biggest game of the season and that's before you look at the money they have paid to win 3 of the last 4 title races.

You really couldnt make it up!

You can see the other pundits on whatever he is on thinking ‘ shut up you fucking idiot ‘

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

the wide open spaces of Wembley will suit them of course.

It's not 1972! The officlal size of the Etihad pitch is 105 by 68 metres. The official size of  Wembley is 105 by 69m. It's not a dramatic change for either side. We're hardly a long ball team. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, an tha said:

No question you are of course right, but it is never going to be discussed on sky etc and certainly not by a former cheats player.

Best thing to do is not watch the shite they talk.

I literally turn games on when they start and off when final whistle goes.

Not when Sky has just aired Man City: Drink it all in. A look at Manchester City’s meteoric rise since 2008. Gee I wonder what happened in 2008?!?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pete said:

Not when Sky has just aired Man City: Drink it all in. A look at Manchester City’s meteoric rise since 2008. Gee I wonder what happened in 2008?!?

My only visit to Anfield was the last home game of the 2007/8 season. Joe Hart stood between a 1-0 loss for them and a fucking cricket score. As it was, they shipped 7 or 8 to Middlesbrough the following week. 

Then the money came. 

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

It's not 1972! The officlal size of the Etihad pitch is 105 by 68 metres. The official size of  Wembley is 105 by 69m. It's not a dramatic change for either side. We're hardly a long ball team. 

Metres?? What are they?

10 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Give people 2.5 centimeters and they'll take the distance travelled by light in a vacuum in 0.1299792458th of a second!

36 minutes ago, Em City said:

I don't think I've ever been happier with a draw. 

Two brilliant goals but yet the front three didn't make it stick enough. Diaz should have started imo but hindsight and all that. We're still well in it.

Also, I watched it in my local and I think the lad beside me hates Henderson even more that stringvest. It was actually kind of impressive.

Henderson played alright. But that little bit in the first half when it got pulled back to him on the edge of the area and he dinked a little pass that was practically impossible to make anyway out of play really did my head in. 

Do what De Bruyne did. Have a shot. A deflection could take it anywhere. Or it could land at the feet of one of our attackers. Or we could get a corner and create something from that. It was just a total waste. 

• Upvote 4

Wonder if Fabinho’s performance can be explained in any way by the blow he took at the end of the Benfica game?

Also thought him, Trent and a few others lost their footing quite often as though they’d the wrong studs/boots for the turf. 

Amusing Sky pretend to care so much about 'The Quadruple' seeing as they - like most of the rest of the media - never acknowledge Fagan's treble. Anyway, I wish we weren't playing them again next weekend - it feels like a massive distraction, and I only hope we're not left knackered for subsequent games. I've always suspected the real challenge will be how both teams respond to the fatigue of playing each other, and I still think that's the key factor.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

If you google 'The Liverpool Way' right now.

One of the top results is some bitter on twatter moaning about us!

Rent fucking free....

Screenshot-20220410-203244-Chrome.jpg

This beaut....

https://mobile.twitter.com/rulitos14?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Good job they don’t care what the redshite say. 

2 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Wonder if Fabinho’s performance can be explained in any way by the blow he took at the end of the Benfica game?

Also thought him, Trent and a few others lost their footing quite often as though they’d the wrong studs/boots for the turf. 

Yep, they were losing their footing. Should bin off these blades and wear proper boots with 4 studs under the sole and 2 longer ones in the heel.