You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

We know city start off like a train yet we never seem prepared for it or if we are, never appear to have an answer for it. The Champions League 2nd leg at their gaff, every league game at their gaff and every league game at Anfield until Guardiola realised doing it at Anfield wasnt advantageous.

I dont understand why we look shocked by this tactic.

Fabinho was in no man's land for the first, miles away from where he should have been.  Thiago should also have taken a booking.  

Seems like the best way of stopping City is to be aware of De Bruyne turning into a mile of space behind him.  

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Richards is such a tit.

Saying Liverpool cannot be called a great team if they only win one PL title and a CL?!

What when your club is the main opposition, is buying the PL every season and attempting the same in the CL with an unlimited budget? When the only club stopping another being acknowledged as great is one that's a bunch of oil fucking cheats? Tit.

he was the bellend that said calm down lets not go overboard or something similar after we won the title in 19/20 always thought he was a moron since

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Different sport to anyone else in England.

Was half expecting a comfortable city win as we've been winning without stellar performances, but the lads put up a great fight.

We're gonna need every point we can get in this run in. West ham look like the only team in city's fixtures that could maybe nick a draw. Maybe.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If the pundits had any integrity they'd say this is a great team but it's competing against an oil state that cooks it books in order to cheat others out of success. 

But, just occasionally, you need to leave the players out of that corruption scenario - spoilt, rich twats that they are (and that of course includes Liverpool players).

This was just a great game of football.

8 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Richards is such a tit.

Saying Liverpool cannot be called a great team if they only win one PL title and a CL?!

What when your club is the main opposition, is buying the PL every season and attempting the same in the CL with an unlimited budget? When the only club stopping another being acknowledged as great is one that's a bunch of oil fucking cheats? Tit.

This. The elephant in the room (no, not Richards). City have cheated their way to dominance, a dozen years of sportswashing and financial doping. Context is lost on this bunch of dimwits.

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Was half expecting a comfortable city win as we've been winning without stellar performances, but the lads put up a great fight.

We're gonna need every point we can get in this run in. West ham look like the only team in city's fixtures that could maybe nick a draw. Maybe.

The only reason they got 3 points against Wolves, who they still have to play.

Screenshot-2021-12-12-at-08.11.36.jpg.we

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Richards is such a tit.

He’s about 3 IQ points away from being special needs, you can tell his fellow pundits simply don’t respect him, Neville especially 

• Upvote 4

I don't think I've ever been happier with a draw. 

Two brilliant goals but yet the front three didn't make it stick enough. Diaz should have started imo but hindsight and all that. We're still well in it.

Also, I watched it in my local and I think the lad beside me hates Henderson even more that stringvest. It was actually kind of impressive.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

He’s about 3 IQ points away from being special needs, you can tell his fellow pundits simply don’t respect him, Neville especially 

I reckon Keane wants to kill him.  Literally smash his head repeatedly into the ground. 

Missed most of the second half. Given how the first half went, that's better than I expected.

I still think a win was what we needed to win the league but then I was one of those who couldn't see any way back in January. Happy for them to prove once again I know nothing.

• Upvote 1

Admittedly these days I just can't be arsed to follow much that goes on at other clubs, but I don't recall much happening with Richards, in a positive way, after his 'alcohol poisoning' - er - joke a few years ago. He just seemed injured and/or out of favour for most of the time after that. So his reinvention now as some kind of footballing legend, mad Man City fan and beloved Falstaffian pundit leaves me baffled. He's certainly unbearable to watch.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

As an aside Grelish, a hundred million pounds…

Hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Useless tool.

And  £100m! But according to 'Micah,' Liverpool cannot be considered a great team unless they win a 2nd PL title. This despite the fact his club can spend £100m on a player and stick him on the subs bench for 75 minutes of the biggest game of the season and that's before you look at the money they have paid to win 3 of the last 4 title races.

You really couldnt make it up!

So onto next week....

What do we change to avoid what happened in 1st half today?

For me we need more legs in midfield.....maybe Keita (i know, i know) for Hendo...?

A tactical tweak to plug the gaps - the wide open spaces of Wembley will suit them of course.

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

So onto next week....

For me we need more legs in midfield.....maybe Keita (i know, i know) for Hendo...?

A tactical tweak to plug the gaps - the wide open spaces of Wembley will suit them of course.

We need fabinho to be awake for kickoff

8 minutes ago, John102 said:

Missed most of the second half. Given how the first half went, that's better than I expected.

I still think a win was what we needed to win the league but then I was one of those who couldn't see any way back in January. Happy for them to prove once again I know nothing.

Same here mate

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

So onto next week....

Not about personnel, about attitude. No fucking about at the back. Hitting the forwards earlier and more direct.

I expect Diaz will start