You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, torahboy said:

City were ok but we were way off the pace and they will be feeling they missed out. We scored two excellent goals while City's came from a deflection and a marginal offside decision,  which I'm not at all convinced was scrutinized fully. So, despite their superiority on the day, City won't be feeling too confident about next week. The league is theirs to lose and the pressure will take its toll - on their manager as much as their players.

Nah he was onside. Trent let him go thinking he was off but he should have gone with him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I know they are good. We were sloppy, which allowed them to show it. Less mistakes from us and they aren’t given the kind of platform to show it in the way they did.

We might well have won it, we could well have lost it. If we had it would have been more down to our sloppiness than their quality.

As I said, it’s a decent point. As I also inferred, we’re still in it. 

Not sure exactly how you managed to interpret my positive, realistic, post in the way you have but thanks for the contribution. 

They pressed us to absolute shit in the first half and exposed Fabinho, Henderson, and our lack of outlet up front.

They largely dropped off and let us get back into it in the second half, but that's mostly because you can't press like they did in the 1st half for a whole game. They were probably caught between trying to play more on the counter, and killing us off, but in the end, did neither.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Stream I'm on is being bhighly complimentary of both teams at the end there. Apparently 500 total passes made from both teams. Praise to Klopp for switching things at half time. Thank God I'm not watching those clowns on Sky

Jim Beglin said “welcome to the pleasure-dome” after we equalised for 1-1! 

1 minute ago, Captain Howdy said:

I know the rules have changed and I know it’s not but if I live to be 100 that second City goal will always be offside to me.

I know what you mean they had 3 or 4 offside when the ball was swung in but Jesus was the only one onside. I think we have benefitted from those scenarios too.

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

They pressed us to absolute shit in the first half and exposed Fabinho, Henderson, and our lack of outlet up front.

They largely dropped off and let us get back into it in the second half, but that's mostly because you can't press like they did in the 1st half for a whole game. They were probably caught between trying to play more on the counter, and killing us off, but in the end, did neither.

Good post. I think they definitely tired after their first half efforts. Understandable really.  

17 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Summer priority was clear before this game but crystal so after. 

A midfielder or two.

Don’t think that’s fair or realistic. Fabinho had a rare off day against one of the most expensively assembled sides in history. Our midfield is good enough in 99% of games. I’m sure we’ll bring in a new midfielder in the summer, but we wouldn’t still be alive in the league and European Cup if it was so bad currently. 

• Upvote 4

Even accepting that he gave a nothing free kick, which he let them take quickly from the wrong spot to get the opener; and the non-award of a blatantly obvious goal kick, even accounting for those, Taylor wasn’t a problem today, and VAR didn’t fuck us over when there was a couple of times that it could (the offside Sterling goal and the Fabinho yellow card).

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Yip. I was sure once we got to half time the game would swing a bit our way. They hit us really hard hoping like hell they took their chances, wanting to be 3 up at the 45 mark, knowing that all that pace and focus is unsustainable.
Didn’t happen, and Jurgen always get’s more out of the lads with his half time chat. There is just no way we weren’t going to improve. 
Overall though, we didn’t bring anywhere near our best game, and they failed to beat us.

Can’t wait for the Wembley game now. We’re warmed up. Jurgen’s starting 11 will be interesting.

23 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Watching that first goal again, twice Allison had the chance to shout leave it and just let the ball bounce through to him, twice Van Dijk opted to head it away. Still a jammy fucking deflection mind.

Their first is the 2nd time in successive games against them that Matip has stuck out a body part and deflected the ball past Alli for a city goal for De Bruyne.

He really needs to stop fucking doing it and either let the keeper have a good sight of the ball hit at him or, make sure he gets a proper block on it.

Neville said on comentary some games back that Schmeichel always told him not to try and block the ball possibly deflecting it somewhere he couldnt reach, let it come through and leave it to him to save it.

• Upvote 3