You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, the forwards have been rooting around in bins. Seems slightly bizarre to be blaming Salah and Mane for that half. Compare their service City's. 

Fabinho hasn't completed a pass yet, Trent has spent most of the half about 20 yards out of position, and Henderson might as well not be on the pitch.

The ball is not sticking when it goes forward and we’re not pressing strongly enough, which is why I want Bobby. Not too bothered which of Mane or Salah makes way.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah I don't know what's up with them but if they can't get motivated for a game like this then it's time to get rid. From Paisley to Ferguson, the true mark of a great manager is knowing when your stars have gone as far as they can.

They've both played a thousand games in the last month and are currently fasting. 

A front three of Firmino, Jota and Diaz would have had the energy to give City something to think about. However while everyone behind them is playing appallingly we could have peak Brazilian Ronaldo playing upfront with Benzema and still be losing this. 

It’s okay to get beat. But, we genuinely look petrified. 

That’s largely down to it being a game of two presses. Ours isn’t working and City are playing through it and then finding gaps in between the centre backs and full backs with ease. City’s press is working and it’s largely that which is putting the shits up us and making us make errors galore when trying to play out from the back and midfield. We created most of their better chances for them through cheaply surrendering possession in very dangerous areas. 

The plus points are that it’s only a one goal deficit and that we shouldn’t (hopefully) be that bad in the second half. But, we need to be switched on. An early goal for them in the second half means that’s that. 

Subs wise, I’d look at Diaz for Salah or Mané and maybe Henderson off too. 

2 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, the forwards have been rooting around in bins. Seems slightly bizarre to be blaming Salah and Mane for that half. Compare their service City's. 

Fabinho hasn't completed a pass yet, Trent has spent most of the half about 20 yards out of position, and Henderson might as well not be on the pitch.

Nothing is sticking, service would be better if they could hold it up and bring others into the game, midfielders aren't really getting a chance to play as it comes straight back every time 

Don't fret fannies. 

I figured out I've watched all our matches, besides the home leg against inter in my kitchen, not the sitting room. 

So I've just had my lucky half time cup of tea with digestives and I'm now uncomfortably sitting in the kitchen awaiting our imminent 4-2 win. 

You'se can thank me later

• Upvote 1

Most of our players are shit receiving the ball in tight spaces and just panic. I think Keita would've fared better for this game. No one's taking the ball off the defence and carrying it forward and some of Thiago's reckless passes in our half have been pure shit 

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yes, the forwards have been rooting around in bins. Seems slightly bizarre to be blaming Salah and Mane for that half. Compare their service to City's. 

City were always liable to cause us to lose balls in midfield and to take advantage of the way we defend, even if our midfielders and defenders haven't played well. They're too precise.

But except for one or two attacks, we haven't been a threat in attack at all. That would have been a way to get them on the backfoot, and that's failed thus far. And also we could have picked different attackers. The midfield and defense were always going to be the ones we picked.

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

Don't fret fannies. 

I figured out I've watched all our matches, besides the home leg against inter in my kitchen, not the sitting room. 

So I've just had my lucky half time cup of tea with digestives and I'm now uncomfortably sitting in the kitchen awaiting our imminent 4-2 win. 

You'se can thank me later

If we do win mate, I will buy you a cushion for that uncomfortable chair.