You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (A) - Sun 10th Apr 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

2 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to have a soft spot for Manchester City. It stems from being at Maine Road the day Luton Town relegated them and David Pleat danced a jig on the pitch. 

They were a club who seemed to be able to fuck things up from seemingly unfuckable situations. I admired that about them.

Of course that club is dead and gone. This lot we’re playing now are Manchester City in name only. They represent much of what is wrong with the modern game and as such need a sound thrashing today and every time we play them.

Smash ‘em Reds.

A good point. An uncle of mine is a City fan and I didn't mind them doing well for him, but they're such cunts as an entity I can help but hoping it all comes crashing down around their ears!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Mate, the ref gets called to the screen when he hasn't given something, not a chance in hell Tierney is saying, hang in Ant, you've missed a potential penalty here for Liverpool.

Might do it the other way mind.

More likely the ref gives us a penalty and var calls his attention to a penalty to City in the run up

1 hour ago, YorkshireRed said:

I used to have a soft spot for Manchester City. It stems from being at Maine Road the day Luton Town relegated them and David Pleat danced a jig on the pitch. 

They were a club who seemed to be able to fuck things up from seemingly unfuckable situations. I admired that about them.

Of course that club is dead and gone. This lot we’re playing now are Manchester City in name only. They represent much of what is wrong with the modern game and as such need a sound thrashing today and every time we play them.

Smash ‘em Reds.

I used to like City. They were the alternative team and set records for away support when they were in the old 2nd division. Not anymore. 

As a couple people here have said, they'll stack the team with midfielders and will dominate the game for large periods. It'll be 5 midfielders and one of Sterling or Mahrez. It leaves the way of getting a result being better than them in both boxes. 

When we were putting 3's and 4's against them, they had much more traditional teams with a number 9, either Aguero or Jesus and two wingers, normally Sane and Sterling. They were more attacking, less controlling, which was a bit more favourable for us. 

They're a different proposition now and I think for us, harder to beat. We'll have to be different class, but given our squad now, it's possible. 

Peps tactics are gonna be sit and wait for Allison to dwell on the ball too long or Thiago to have a breakdown and do another stupid suicidal no look back pass to one of their players.

If we don’t make a mistake and our main striker turns up we’re in with a great chance here. 

14 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Peps tactics are gonna be sit and wait for Allison to dwell on the ball too long or Thiago to have a breakdown and do another stupid suicidal no look back pass to one of their players.

If we don’t make a mistake and our main striker turns up we’re in with a great chance here. 

To be fair (and i despise him as much as anyone) there has been and will be a lot more to how he sets his team up today than that.

He's actually learned and adapted to us pretty well in the last couple of years or so....styles make fights and our style was at one time one he couldn't handle - he has come to terms with it and changed his to adapt versus us.

18 minutes ago, Red74 said:

238fc1d34152f189eb13cda5072f28647c9bffc2

They'll dominate so we have to be clinical with the chances we do create. Theyre the one side in the world that can make us look inferior. Even when we dont play great against anyone else we are usually dominant but just sloppy in our own game. When you see there's only one point difference when accumulated over the last few years it shows what an unbelievable job Klopp has done against all odds. It also shows what a difference a point makes... one point difference yet they have multiple titles.

These are the days and games we live for and thrive on as fans - and of course we had too long without them when we weren't challenging for the title.

It's a big, big ask - but it is so good to be here again fighting for it, even if it is against these cheating bastards.

We know the boys will give it their all and for once (fingers crossed) it looks like we have a full/best team to put out against them.

Are we good enough to do this? Of course we are...but we know we are up against a side who know they are too. It is going to be some ride - nerve shredding, stomach churning and frankly horrible - but would we have it any other way?

• Upvote 1

Spurs worked out their tactic of overloading the left hand side to good effect the other week when beating them.

It’s one area they’ve destroyed us over the last few years so hopefully we’ve taken note and stay disciplined today as we leave that side wide open. 

50 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I agree.

The weaknesses in our team are Alisson and Thiago.

I won’t be watching. 

I get really nervous and wound up ahead of the Man Utd game for example because they are a proper rival. But Man City aren’t a rival. They’re out and out cheats so it makes me sick having to watch us play them. There is zero enjoyment. Just disgust. I’ll check twitter while the kids are watching Toy Story or PJ Masks or whatever. I’ve no interest in watching a game involving those cheats. It just feels dirty. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1